Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Clubs in Glasgow

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok, I'm new to this site but have noticed that there's quite a lot of folk from Glasgow here so was wondering what clubs you all go to?

Personally, as a student, I have to admit to attending the Garage frequently - cheap vodka!! :rolleyes:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Privilege on a Thursday is a good student night, with lots of cheap booze.

Though if you're going for the music, then it's got to be Inside Out @ The Arches.
    Sorry the Garage wins every time with me although I so have a tendency to frequent The Cathouse and The Shack ever so occasionally.
    Originally posted by kosari193
    The Cathouse and The Shack.

Gutted.
    The best clubs for music by far are Colours and Pressure @ The Arches. I've been to The Garage as well, it's quite a good meat market, better than the average, but the music is gash as expected although that's never the reason you're really there! :D
    And your problem with The Cathouse or the Shack is? And hey I actually quite like the music in the Garage. If you don't like the cheesy stuff then go up to the Attic or down to G2.
    And your problem with The Cathouse or the Shack is? And hey I actually quite like the music in the Garage.

Cathouse = full of goths.

Shack = too cheesy.
    Ok The Shack being Cheesy I'll give you that. But excuse me Privilidge on a Thursday is pretty cheesy too. The Cathouse is not completely full of Goths you know. It's actually got "normally" dressed people as well. Have you ever actually been there?
    Ok The Shack being Cheesy I'll give you that. But excuse me Privilidge on a Thursday is pretty cheesy too.

When did I say it wasn't?
    The Cathouse is not completely full of Goths you know. It's actually got "normally" dressed people as well. Have you ever actually been there?

No - I'm just judgemental.
    Okay so at least you're honest about being judgemental but you shouldn't be like that. U said you like The Arches which is fine because I've never been but I wouldn't pass judgement on a place I had never been to. Each to his own tastes.

PS And it's a well known fact that everyone should
    try the Cathouse at least once in their lifetime. It's an experience.
    Okay, well I agree with Kiezo about the Cathouse being full of goths/moshers. I have ex-friends who go there every weekend and even they say it's full of goths and moshers.
    The best club in Scotland though, has to be Room @ The Top. It may not be in Glasgow but it's near enough. (Just outside in Bathgate.)
    It may not be everyone's cup of tea though, unless your into dressin' half-naked or like a slut and are into taking a few soft/hard drugs, I wouldn't advise that you go. I started going when I was 14 and it's the best night out ever! I go most weekends if I can afford it (£10 to get in, another £10 for the bus and then on top of that there's the drink, drugs, and fags!) It's huge and has some of the best tunes.

Basically I live for my Saturday nights!
    I've bee nwanting to go to RATT for a while, but transports been the only problem.

Where does the bus leave from, and is there one back from Bathgate?

I've been getting free passes through from them every month since the summer, got Januarys lot through this morning infact.
    I got the R@TT January flyers yesterday as well. I've been once, I went in March for their birthday weekend with Marco V, Matt Hardwick and the absolute nutter Woody Van Eyden. I had an amazing night, was speaking to all the DJs in the VIP bit and met loads of cool people. Apparently R@TT is a bit shit now though, too many beerboys and the line-ups are a bit samey...

For me, it has to be The Rhumba Club @ The Ice Factory in Perth as one of the best nights out in Scotland, although it's a fair treck fae Glasgow!

Xmas Rhumba on the 27th Dec is gonna be sweet: Slam, Dave Seaman, Seb Fontaine, Oliver Klein and my mate Andy King (who gets to warm up for Dave Seaman in the main room, jammy bastard!) :D
    My brother goes there every week! Meanwhile i go to CCs in Edinburgh or anywhere for that matter in Edinburgh...
    wots that place 'Trash' like in glasgow?
    Originally posted by Daffeh
    wots that place 'Trash' like in glasgow?

Overs or unders?
    well unders, but meh fake id is screaming overs :D
    Unders - as good as any unders can be I suppose (ie shite).

Overs - very cheesy/studenty. Alright for a laugh, but I wouldn't recommend it if you're going for the music and intend munching a few pills.
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    you're going for the music and intend munching a few pills.

Aye, that's what Colours, Pressure, Inside Out and Freefall @ The Arches is all about! Also The Sub Club that's just re-opened, check it out, the resident DJ's are quality! :)
    Hey, don't be slaggin the cattie! :mad: I've spent many a weekend in there! Its definately not the same as it used to be. Too many wankers there now.
    Originally posted by pinkstar
    Hey, don't be slaggin the cattie! :mad: I've spent many a weekend in there! Its definately not the same as it used to be. Too many wankers there now.

Goths = wankers.

Same difference.
    exaclty
    No, its not the 'goths' that are the wankers actually, its the people that have started going cos they think rock music is trendy and wear their slipknot hoodies every week! :p

But still, I'd rather be in a club with them than a bunch of neds.
    Originally posted by pinkstar
    No, its not the 'goths' that are the wankers actually, its the people that have started going cos they think rock music is trendy and wear their slipknot hoodies every week! :p

They're all the same.
    But still, I'd rather be in a club with them than a bunch of neds.

Steer clear of The Moon then, eh? :p
    rofl, me and my m8 went in the moon not knowing wot it was like!
    i have nvr seen so many neds on ectos in meh life :D
    The Moon is the most terrifying place ever. Full of wee underage neds and old tan queens and weirdo pervs looking for young flesh! .:yuck:
    Steer clear of The Moon then, eh? :p
    *sigh*

I remember going there when it was Roofies and falling down the stairs quite a few times on the way out :p
    when i went and we were first going in, the guy told me to mind my step, and i was like "aye m8, no problem" i then proceeded to fall up the first step :D
    eek. ive been asked to the cathouse on friday..how is it???
    Originally posted by bebedawl
    eek. ive been asked to the cathouse on friday..how is it???

If you're a goth, or love being surrounded by weirdos with black nail polish, spikey dog collars, and inane piercings, you'll love it.

If however, you're normal, you'll hate it.

If you're a goth, or love being surrounded by weirdos with black nail polish, spikey dog collars, and inane piercings, you'll love it.

If however, you're normal, you'll hate it.
    how fuckin annoying r u?? loads of "normal" people go there. ur slaggin it off and you've never actually been:mad:
    cathouse is good if you like punk, rock, some hip hop. On occasion when I've been there they've even played Destiny's Child and Britney Spears:eek:
    It's a good place to go, you should give it a shot even once and if you don't like it hten fine, but at least try it once before judging it:D