Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Roaccutane

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Peace MWF. Museman, does it make your face red and dry? Is it really noticeable to other people, the side effects? Does it make peoples skin drier if it is very greasy? I'm thinkin of taking it, seriously.
    Well obviously I can only speak from personal experience up to this point, but as of now my face is less red than it was when I started it. My skin has dried out yes, but that's what roaccutane is meant for in essence; it slows down the production from your sebaceous glands. Of course I still have a way to go, but at the moment it's all good, long may it continue! In terms of the side effects being notceable, even if they were, I would quite happily take that for 2 or 3 months if it saved me from having a problem ie. acne, for years more.
    How's the roaccutane going so far then museman? How does your face look? A lot clearer? Red and dry? Etc... How do you feel in yourself? Hope it's all going well for you.:)
    Prescribed medicines

:hyper: :)
    MWF wrote: »
    You wouldn't want to take asprin if you'd seen someone who's overdosed on it. Any manufactured drug is going to have side effects if taken irrisponsibly.

I agree with you on that one, if anybody takes a drug that is not prescribed specifically for them then its obvious they will suffer side effects as they may not be able to tolerate the drug which, I will say again the label has 1 name on it and it should only be used by this person.. I have been prescribed the Roaccutane and the cream but yea after reading into it and complete discussion with my dermatologist I have decided to use the cream as I do not wish to have all those side effects (if I would get any I might add) but being a female wanting children I would rather not tempt it..:)
    Prescribed Meds

As someone who has suffered from facial acne, I would opt for natural acne treatments any day. Prescribed medication in my opinion should only be taken if you suffer from severe acne.

Usually regular cleansing, eating a clean diet & drinking plenty of water helps the skin feel hydrated and healthy. I have used Roaccutane before and my skin became really dry and flaky. Just above my upper lip my skin starting cracking. Every person's skin is different, mine just sensitive.

If Roaccutane has not worked for you, maybe you need to look at basic treatments that have less side effects.

Mel