Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Quitting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anybody on here ever think of quitting drugs?or did they give it in for a while then return back to their usual life again.
Im not thinkin of quitting my dope smoking.Just to let u know.Lol.
talking shite again.
stoned again.:D

Comments

• Options
    Ive quit three times, only smoking weed mind, nothing more, always find my way back though.
    I did find I made more sense without it, and things were clearer, but got more depressed and drank more so probably safer sticking it out with the smoke me thinks.:razz:
  • Options
    i have not touched any drugs since 1986. pills potions and powders. i do smoke baccy and herbs. so i suppose becuase of the nicotine i am still a junkie.
  • Options
    I gave up about 2 and a half years ago. I just come in here to wind myself up
  • Options
    Originally posted by cheekychick
    Ive quit three times

:D so you haven't actually quit at all then ;):D
  • Options
    heh, happens 1 or 2 mondays a month .. but by friday that thought is loooooooong lost :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by ebb

:D so you haven't actually quit at all then ;):D

*hehe* No I guess not:p
    But I tried,
    my heart just wasnt in it:D
  • Options
    I've never quit full on, I've been asked by a few people to "cut down" on a few occations but its mainly money restraints that cause me to listen to them.

While we're on the topic, do you think its the same as with boozers, once a speed freak always a speed freak. I'm dam sure I havent really got over my addiction yet. I mean I dont do it very often at all but I know I could fall back into it really easily.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    I've never though of quitting just like that. I reckon I'll just get bored with them and do less and less as I get older. It's already happened with weed, I just don't find it enjoyable any more and very rarely smoke it. It's starting happening with pills too, recently I've just been content with having a few drinks at the weekend.

The only thing I'd need help with quitting is fags.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    After a fairly lengthy spell smoking only small amounts of weed occasionally, I'm now stoned all the time again :D Brilliant :D My pill intake has also gone down over the last year, but its still thriving at a couple of times a month.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ebb
    After a fairly lengthy spell smoking only small amounts of weed occasionally, I'm now stoned all the time again

Thinking about it, I only seem to spend time on the site when i'm stoned, perhaps that explains the constant confused state i read some threads in.
  • Options
    I think about quitting pills every weekend when that comedown hits me! :D
  • Options
    Quitting

yeah id love to quit smokig weed as im so much more with it !But after 10 years of smoking constantly i cant, i just love i too much

As for pills & coke never ! I only do them when i go out and i dont think ill ever give that up even in say 20 years i still think ill have the urge to get a few pills and lose it for a while
  • Options
    I think most peoples pill consumption does peak and the dip, I mean I went from doing about 200 a year for a couple of years to in the last year maybe only doing half a dozen but I dont think I'll stop altogether for a while yet.

There are a few drugs that I want to keep doing every now and again for the next 5 years or so but some I cant really be bothered with anymore.
    Things like K, it was nice and I guess if I was offered a line then I might but the urge really isnt there.

However with speed and GHB the urge definately is there and I dont want to give those up.