Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Circumsion

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi Guys!

Anybody tell me bout circumsion....like where could i get i done, would it cost anything and wot are the benefits and negatives of getting this done? Cheers!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If theres a medical reason for circumsion I think you can get an op on the NHS.

I dont think there is any negatives like any effecting your sex life... but your best bet is to contact your GP
    For starters, try not to get circumsized if there's no medical problem. If there is, that's a different story.

Search the web for pro's and con's bc i can't remember them all athe mo.
    It's been discussed a few times on the "sex" board so you may like to try a search there for peoples' opinions.

As a matter of interest, why do you want it done?
    Its available on the NHS for medical reasons, i.e. your foreksins too tight, infected, etc. Other than that, its paying for it.

Pros: none.
    Cons: pain- it hurts for weeks, if not mobths, afterwards, loss of sensitivity.
    Go to: www.sexinfo101.com and go to the forum there, someone will help you out.
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Pros: none.
    Cons: pain- it hurts for weeks, if not mobths, afterwards, loss of sensitivity.

This not entirely true.

Pros ... well, obviously its a lot cleaner and you are less likely to suffer from premature ejaculation.

As for loss of sensitivity, this takes quite a few years to come about and it's loss of SENSITIVITY, not a loss of SENSATION. There is a difference.

It usually heals within one to two weeks although it can hurt for up to four weeks - and that's mainly because of erections during the period that hold back the healing process.

I think if your foreskin slides back easily and you clean it at least once daily, then there is no real reason to contemplate circumcision.

Is that a more balanced view?