Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

12 year old pregnant

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I felt I had to post this as this is somewhat relevant to the debate. I don't want to spark off any more arguments, although I have to say that I agreed with alot of this and found it very funny. There was even an illustration of the 12 year old, her mum and her brothers and sisters picking their noses, and one of the children is smoking!

This is an article in my local paper, The Evening Post, by someone who likes to be known as Barry Beelzebub. His column is called "The Devil's Advocate".

"So what are we to do with young Amy Crowhurst?

Amy, for those with a squirmish disposition is a 12 year-old from Sussex. She has her ears, nose and navel pierced, smokes 20 Superkings a day and has a lifesize tattoo of Gareth Gates on her back. (That last bit isn't true, but it may as well be)
    Amy is pregnant. The father of her child is a teenager who only visited her home town for one night. In all probability he'll be one of those monkey-faced yobs who appear surgically attached to their baseball caps.
    Amy shares the family home with her single mother and eight brothers and sisters, all by various fathers. The latest addition to the clan is the product of a dalliance between her 42-year-old mother and a chap from Gambia, who has since buggered off back to his wife and family.
    It will come as no surprise to you to learn that the Crowhurst family exists on state benefits, ie our hard-earned taxes. They live in two council houses knocked together. One assumes that pizza and microwave chips feature heavily on their tea table. And I bet they spend a fortune on lottery tickets.
    Amy's mother seemed a little perplexed by her daughter's condition. "I thought her periods had stopped because of her smoking," she explained.
    "Amy knows about contraception and sex education. I just wish the school had drummed it in a bit more."
    Ah, there we go. It's all the schools fault. It's got nothing to do with the fact that Amy's only adult role model is a feckless waster with the morals of an alleycat.
    I'm with the Nigerians on this one.
    Except that stoning is too good for this woman. It's time the hand-wringers at Social Services got off their Guardian-reading, sandal wearing, lentil-eating arses and did something to protect Amy, and her multi-coloured siblings, from their mother's malign influence.
    Otherwise in 12 years time, we'll be reading about another little Crowhurst having another little Crowhurst at an unfeasibly young age...

...Despite the sneeriness of the chattering classes, I quite like the Celebrity Big Brother. I just think that one or two key people are missing from the line up.
    We could have Princess Anne and her violent dog in there. Plus Jeffrey Archer, Michael Barrymore (wearing swimming trunks) and the rapidly ripening Amy..."

BARRY BEELZEBUB
  • Options
    yes that does look like the kind of thing you would probably find funny
  • Options
    It's what everyone is thinking though.
  • Options
    what i cant stand is why everyone seems to think `large family = stupid and scrounging off the state`, when for the majority of large familys this a choice they have made, and i reckon its bloody hard work, and in the majority of cases there would be at least one wage earner in the family, same as for smaller families. My nana had 11 children and she was not stupid or a sponger, My grandfather was in the army and they both worked bloody hard, most of my aunts and uncles have university degrees.
    Of course you get some people who pop out child after child, and expect benefits, but you get manymore scroungers who have small families.
  • Options
    The Queen had 4 children and she doesn't work to support them, bloody irresponsible if you ask me, scrounging off the state..............
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite

Wow you seem to know me already! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    The Queen had 4 children and she doesn't work to support them, bloody irresponsible if you ask me, scrounging off the state..............

Queen is the State :p
  • Options
    Why you little......... :mad: :rolleyes:
  • Options

Whats your problem ?

Thats an artical from a paper relating to the subject !

Your turning honeys post into a personal attack against her !!

Hypocrite !!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [BMy nana had 11 children and she was not stupid or a sponger, My grandfather was in the army and they both worked bloody hard, most of my aunts blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah[/B]

In them times it was common coz of lack of rubbers/ family planning etc.

Not the same and you bloody well know it !!!!!!

How old are you talking this rubbish !!
  • Options
    Originally posted by D_M_X

Thats a bit uncalled for DMX, they were catholics actually, And im 26, for whatever difference that makes.

The only difference between then and now as regards to large families, is that now it is less common, but that doesnt mean people should look down their noses at people with large families as though they are stupid and irresponsible, when in actual fact most people who have large families do so because it is something that theyve always wanted, and they work bloody hard to support them all, but people just pick up on a few isolated cases where they rely on benefits. Its a shame large families are so stigmatised as i imagine it to be quite a nice enviroment for a child to grow up in
  • Options
    Here, Here
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    It's what everyone is thinking though.

Only if they're thinking offensive drivel...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Only if they're thinking offensive drivel...

Thats what Whowhere thinks. When he isnt thinking with his cock.

Id hate to remind Whowhere that hes "stupid scum" too, having got two girls up the duff. All the difference is that he shagged girls of 16, he shagged a girl of 12 (who, if she has all the piercings, etc, probably looks and acts 16).
  • Options
    Originally posted by D_M_X

Age is irrelevant.

Some people find that condoms are against their faith, and, as such, do not use them. In exactly the same way Sikhs have dispensation to ruide motorcycles without a helmet because of their turbans.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot

Wow you seem to know me already! :rolleyes:
    your learning H.P
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

BTW How can it be responsible to have nine children whilst claiming benefits?

I didn't say it was, did I :confused: No, I wouldn't call that particular family model claimants, but that is a very extreme case.

And yes, you did cite yourself as an example of someone who was a good, honest benefit claimant, who was only using it in the interim etc, but you also made it sound like you thought of youself as being in the minority there. You're not. Sorry if I misunderstood your point, it's just that these 'scrounger' threads infuriate me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

Thats what Whowhere thinks. When he isnt thinking with his cock.

Id hate to remind Whowhere that hes "stupid scum" too, having got two girls up the duff. All the difference is that he shagged girls of 16, he shagged a girl of 12 (who, if she has all the piercings, etc, probably looks and acts 16).

Mr Harsh.
    One of them was a long-term girlfriend, the other made it up for attention. Neither of them were 16 either.

My mum comes from a large family, however her parents were always working.
    I was just commenting that it's no real surprise that her mother seemed to know even less about why her daughter had lost her periods than the daughter.

There's nothing at all wrong with large families, however this isn't a family, it's more like a commune. The children are only barely related, many of them not knowing their fathers, and now one of them is pregnant at 12.
    Hardly a good "family" if you can call it that.
  • Options
    yes but these sort of people are in such a minority, the sun etc insists on running a story every now and again like this, about someone with 12 kids all on benefits with 3 council houses knocked together, and shock horror, one of thems a BROWN baby! All it does is fuel prejudice.
  • Options
    One thing I would like to get clear in my own mind: I always thought that benefit or rather "the dole" was really called job seekers allowance - meaning you could only claim if you were actual trying to get work. Is this true? I know that there is family allowance and something like disablity allowance. If this is the case what exactly are they claiming and living off ? Sorry for my ignorance in this matter.

I do agree though about the cycle of families living off the state. If you live in poverty all your life you won't think anything different of it. I'm sure this 12 year old girl isn't the only one having sex, and I'm sure her mother is not the only one who does not work and does not think there is anything wrong in living off the state. However I think that it isn't benifital to get on high horses and say that we as a country cannot afford to give out benifits. I think the welfare state is important - and from what I know about it the government do try to emphasise the fact they want more people working. I think the real issue here is why this girl got pregnant in the first place.

Surely instead of complaining about the dole we should be complaining the (lack) of sex education we have in this country - and i mean more that just the mechanics of it. Although I admit family attitutes to sex is just as important
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jo_is_an_Angel
    One thing I would like to get clear in my own mind: I always thought that benefit or rather "the dole" was really called job seekers allowance - meaning you could only claim if you were actual trying to get work. Is this true? I know that there is family allowance and something like disablity allowance. If this is the case what exactly are they claiming and living off ? Sorry for my ignorance in this matter.

I'm on jobseekers now, it's only a benefit you can claim for six months while you look for a job, after six months I won't be able to claim anything. I have to prove I'm looking for work etc.

Dole is more associated with long term unemployment, or refusal to work (my words). On 'the dole', you are entitled to other benefits (housing and the like). On jobseekers you'll be lucky to have your rent payed for you.

(Bit of a crap description i know, but I havn't got my thinking head on at the mo, so I could be completely wrong:) )
  • Options
    does the word CONDOM not mean anything these days?
    jees, by the time she can vote she'll have a six year old child:eek:
  • Options
    Can we really expect a 12 year old who is irresponsible enough to be having sex wih someone she just met to be responsible enough to use a condom? She shouldn't have had sex in the first place. Sex at 12 is unnatural.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    Sex at 12 is unnatural.

Wrong maybe, but not unnatural.
  • Options
    Same dif.
  • Options
    HunnyPot

She shouldn't be having sex. OK. If one is atheist or 'semi-religious' then waiting until marriage doesn't come into the equation. However in UK or other Western society what rules or guidelines do you have between the opposite sex? It is fine to have a boyf or girlf, go out, have a kiss, touch each other, hug, grope and soon enough one thing will lead to another. Basically if you like each other let's do it.

"She shouldn't have had sex in the first place" -it's easier said that done. Today teenagers are going to do it, we need safe sex to combat unwanted pregnancies is the attitude - shame.

The other day I saw some teenagers french kissing and the girl (around 13) was sitting on the boy's lap simulating sex in the train station waiting room. Is this decent?
  • Options
    No that's definitely not decent. Wonder where the parents were when that happened...

This girl isn't a teenager by the way she's 12.

Anyway I just don't think it's right. It sounded like you were disagreeing with me but you're welcome to your own opinion.
  • Options
    Not disagreeing with you

My point is when you compare what is allowed in Western society with the Islamic one, for instance, you can allow for these things to happen. Islam tries to block such things *well* before they happen with various social rules.

It's too easy just to say "she shouldn't be doing it". You need some practical guidelines between the sexes to make this work.
  • Options
    Such as the threat of being stoned by one's peers? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Aisha, must you compare Islam rules with everything brought up on this board?

I do think that some of the Islam attitudes towards sex and relationships are good, but the majority, IMHO, are way too harsh, and based on male insecurity.

I think with the Western society, parents could be harsher with their youngsters about going out, but really this won't happen because parents are more relaxed nowadays when it comes to kiddie sex than they were 50 years ago. Anyway it will probably just get worse and worse, with children having children. They're not doing enough in schools either, they're just telling children that sex is OK as long as you use a condom. That doesn't really do anything for it.

Anyway I shoudn't be posting in here because I just get flamed.