Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

12 year old pregnant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is a transcript from the sun, may not be the most reliable source I know

THE 12-year-old girl who is five months pregnant has been told by the baby’s dad: You’re on your own.

Amy Crowhurst said the 15-year-old lad was horrified when she broke the news that she was expecting.

The boy admitted he "doesn’t want the grief" — and isn't interested in supporting the child. But Amy vowed: "I don't need his help. I’ll manage alone."

The Sun told yesterday how Amy fell pregnant after having sex once with the lad. Amy, who refuses to name the boy, added: "He thought I was joking about being pregnant until he saw my tummy. Now he's not interested. That's fine."

Her mum Rose, who has nine kids, said: "I don’t blame him. He knows it'll muck up his life."

The 42-year-old divorcee, of Crawley, West Sussex, added: "I'll give her 100 per cent — and she'll get benefit.
We'll cope."

Amy, who is having a baby scan today, is off school. Her pals only found out in The Sun that she was expecting the child next March. Amy said: "They know what to buy me at Christmas now — baby stuff."

The bit about getting benefit really made me angry. I wonder if these 12 year olds and their mothers would want to go ahead with the pregnancies if the tax payers weren't paying to bring the children up?

The parents and the boyfriend should be paying for this baby, not us, the welfare system is diabolical.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A perfect case-study for pro-choice campaigners.
    agreed about the welfare system.... But there are many case's where it does good, and improves lives.

Unfortunatly people see it as a free lunch, rather than the final safty net.

Heres a thought on this specific case.... As both of them have had sex with a minor, why not lock them both up? At least until the baby is born and either given by the mother to an adult to look after (be the child's gardian) or taken by socail services. After all, you can't keep a baby in prison.

After a few of these sentaces are dished out i'm sure people would be a little more sensilbe with their birth control. At least until they are old enough to legally have sex.

A little harsh maybe, but so is the idea of the world starving because soem stupid fucks find birth control too complex an idea to deal with.

The alternative is education, but there are far too many detremental educational sources (that there is little or no control over) for schooling (as the institution currently stands) to make a real difference.
    We don't have enough children in this country.....

Instead of whingeing you should be eternally grateful these poor little kids will have hard lives trying to properly raise their kids, they will face many hardships and much stigmatisation so that you can have that nice early retirement and not have to work till you die, how about that?

Instead of whingeing you should be eternally grateful these poor little kids will have hard lives trying to properly raise their kids, they will face many hardships and much stigmatisation so that you can have that nice early retirement and not have to work till you die, how about that?

Who's whinging? I'm just calling them stupid and irresponsible.

They will have hard lives and there kids will have hard lives, and in fact every-one who cares for them will have a harder life than they would otherwise. This is why they are stupid and irresponsible.

How does them having stigmatism against them mean i can have a nice early retirement?
    In fact, how does them having a hard life mean i have an nice early retirement?

Surely them having hard lives means that they will be able to feed themselves and there kids and there grandkids.... they are not paying for my retirement home.

PLEASE tell me this is a joke..... At first i was sure it was... then i read the rest and i'm not so sure.

Incedentally, a little more punctuation would make this easier to read.
    Originally posted by Toadborg

lol, Toadborg. Irony, thankfully, is not yet lost on me, but while you do raise a point, it would be suitable compared to this;
    Her mum Rose, who has nine kids, said: "I don’t blame him. He knows it'll muck up his life."

The 42-year-old divorcee, of Crawley, West Sussex, added: "I'll give her 100 per cent — and she'll get benefit.
    We'll cope."

It is the cyclical nature of the problem which manifests itself. Nine children? 9 months preganancy; she's been pregnant much of her life. How much do you want to bet that she doesn't work, but claims benefit? If, and it's a big if, they did contribute to the welfare of society, fine. But they don't.

Let's not even go anywhere near 12 and 15 year olds. They don't know what they're doing. Evidently. And it's just plain wrong.
    You can't get benefits till you're 16.
    Originally posted by cokephreak
    Incedentally, a little more punctuation would make this easier to read.

Perhaps the biblical quote is most apt, here... Before removing the speck from your brother's eye, first remove the log from your own. You will then find it easier to help your brother.

Confused?

I'm saying, in essence, until you can differentiate between there/their/they're etc. and spell things like "Incidentally", you shouldn't be so quick to point out other errors, especially when they're not actually errors at all, but make good sense.

:)
    Her mum Rose, who has nine kids

Is obviously setting a good example!!
    OK the punctuation could have been better..........

Back to the topic........

Cokephreak:

teckno said that "we shouldn't pay for them" and you said you agreed, this is whingeing..........

They do pay for your retirement because they will be paying taxes when you have finished working, thus they pay for you.....

Why is me suggesting that we don't have enough children funny, it is dangerously true.......

:confused:

Like I said, 9 kids (from a purely selfish perspective) is good, please don't complain about having to pay for them.........
    You chose to ignore my post, then...
    Certainly not but i do admit that the punctuation on re-reading was a bit dodgy (by my own high standards:rolleyes: )
    My first post.
    Bleurgghh, I'm in a mess today, I apologise.........

Whilst I agree with you that it is clearly a cyclical social problem which I would strongly link to social and economic deprivation and that the kids don't know what they are doing which is aprt of the same problem I disagree about their contribution to society.

The fact that the mother is living off benefits does not detract from the fact that those children will hopefully go on to work in some capacity and that the relevant economic gains will be substantial, a decent birth rate is very important to continued economic growth...............
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    A perfect case-study for pro-choice campaigners.

Perfect case for post birth abortions more like..

Stupid bitch.
    Bleurgghh, I'm in a mess today, I apologise.........

Whilst I agree with you that it is clearly a cyclical social problem ...
    those children will hopefully go on to work in some capacity and that the relevant economic gains will be substantial, a decent birth rate is very important to continued economic growth...............

Not cyclical then.

In likelihood, they will grow up dependent upon benefits, repeating this cycle of people who depend on the state without contributing. Hence, a declining birth rate is preferable to one in which we have negative contributory growth, no?
    Yes but I think the likelihood of those children going on to benefits is still pretty low, please explain why you think that they will.............

Overall that woman and her family will contribute to our economy, I am very certain..........
    Yeah PussyKatty is right you can't get benefits when you're 12.

But surely these kids need help. And not just financial. I don't think that many 12 year olds fully "understand" what it means to have sex (the law recognises this too buy having a harsher penalty for people who've had sex with someone under 12 than someone 13-15).

I find myself asking what sort of life this poor girl must have had up til now and what it will be like in the future and being thankful that its someone else and not me who's life this is.

But then again I do hate seeing the huge chunk of my paycheck that goes towards tax, NI etc.
    I was just wondering, which factors do you think play a role in this whole problematic situation?

I mean, when I first started reading the English teen-magazines, you'd certainly get a real-life teen-mom story once a month.
    Along keywords as tea-time, soap-monarchy, Spice Girls, you'd get teen-mom, being a word popping up, when 'brainwashing "Britain" '.

In Denmark you only hear about teen-age moms very rare, and we can here brag about being the 2nd best protected country, while Britain has the highest teenage pregnancy rate (at least in Europe).

Of course there are some social differences between Denmark and Britain, but you wouldn't think that there were some gaps so wide, to differ us that much.
    Well, if teenage pregnancy and serial pregnancy when encouraged by the provision of state-funded welfare are self-reinforcing problems... and the professional classes tend to leave it later in life to breed, and do so less prolifically... guess which sectors of society are going to grow exponentially and crowd out the others?

Not Social Darwinism. Just maths.
    Originally posted by randomgirl
    Yeah PussyKatty is right you can't get benefits when you're 12.

But surely these kids need help. And not just financial. I don't think that many 12 year olds fully "understand" what it means to have sex (the law recognises this too buy having a harsher penalty for people who've had sex with someone under 12 than someone 13-15).

I find myself asking what sort of life this poor girl must have had up til now and what it will be like in the future and being thankful that its someone else and not me who's life this is.

But then again I do hate seeing the huge chunk of my paycheck that goes towards tax, NI etc.
    In ireland we pay alot of tax too and i have to say its bloody annoying when you see huge queues of junkies outside a welfare office waiting to collect your tax to pay for more drugs, then go home to see you've been burgled and they've stolen stuff you paid for with your gross wages(inc VAT) etc......

I do not see how someone with two arms and two legs can't find a job doing something !

I never have a problem !!!

As regards the 12yr old above, if she names the boy he can get in trouble, she gets away scot free. (if you consider pregnant to be scot free)

It reminds me of a program i seen on tv before where a mum has no control over her daughter and the daughter takes drugs gets preggers and dies in the end. It was a documentary, thats how that family will turn out. When i was 12 my mam always knew where i was and what i was up to.... except for disco saturday nights... hope she didn't know what went on there... although there was no shagging !!!!

Anyway think i went of on a bit of a tangent... I hate dole bludgers and stupid cunts who get pregnant no matter what there age !!!!!
    Fucking stupid.
    And Toady, do you seriously believe a woman with 9 children, divorced and expecting her first grandchild from her 12 year old, at 42 has a job?

They are leeches on society, the boy should be found and have his name put on the sex offender's list, his parents should be made to pay 50% of the cost of raising the child and the 42 year old should be made to get a fucking job.

9 kids, what is this, Africa?
    Originally posted by Balddog

Perfect case for post birth abortions more like..

Stupid bitch.

Which one? The 12 year old or her mum?

Why the hell isn't she having an abortion? Oh wait, they want more handouts. Stupid people.
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    Fucking stupid.

Who ??????????
    those children will hopefully go on to work in some capacity

...hopefully...

Well that's encouraging ;)

PS *is former recipient of benefits, now in upper tax bracket*
    Thankyou MoK that one statement just blew everything else out of the water, very classy ;):D :thumb:
    Originally posted by Ghostface Killa

Who ??????????

The girl, the boy and the mother for not setting a better example.

Maybe there is a chance that she will go on to better things, and become like MOK, paying a hell of a lot of tax.
    Doubtful though.
    ok, i'll do this bit by bit

OK the punctuation could have been better..........

I think we all arew guilty of this. I never claimed perfection myself (aimed at DJP)

teckno said that "we shouldn't pay for them" and you said you agreed, this is whingeing..........

When did I agree?
    I said that there is a problem the welfare system, admittedly. It could be narrowed down to a problem with the way most people view the system, but I consider the way its viewed and used to actually be part of the system itself.... I never complained about paying taxes and contributions.
    Do you think the welfare system in this country is fair, just, good for society and good for the individuals?

They do pay for your retirement because they will be paying taxes when you have finished working, thus they pay for you.....

The same as any-one younger then me who is working.... The same as I am paying for the state pension for all those older than me.
    Where are you getting the idea that they are paying for my early retirement?
    The chances of me beign able to retire 1 day before the law forces me to are pretty slim, under my current conditions, and are not showing any signs of improving over the next 50 years.

Why is me suggesting that we don't have enough children funny, it is dangerously true.......

I wonderd if it was a joke because we are in the middle of a population boom that each day gets a little closer to crisis point.
    I thought it was a joke as I could see no way that it could be meant seriously.
    Its not really a boom and as I'm sure you aware virtually all population growth in this country is caused by higher life expectancies.

Unless people work for longer than they currently do (which gave rise to the 'early' retirement comment i.e at the current level compared to the future one) we will have a pensions and consequently economic melt-down.

Thus unless we work until we are 80/90 we have to have a higher birth rate in this country, thus........

Having babies is good................

FOR YOU....

That includes you Balddog and Whowhere, yes all of us in fact..........

FOR YOU....

No, thats too simplistic.

Having a high birthrate is not the be all and end all, especially if it comes at such a cost.

1 child raised in a good home, to good parents and with a good future is better than 5 children raised in a bad home, with bad parents and no future.
    Its not really a boom and as I'm sure you aware virtually all population growth in this country is caused by higher life expectancies.

Unless people work for longer than they currently do (which gave rise to the 'early' retirement comment i.e at the current level compared to the future one) we will have a pensions and consequently economic melt-down.

Thus unless we work until we are 80/90 we have to have a higher birth rate in this country, thus........

FOR YOU....

it isn't any good if those children come from broken home and have children at an early age, thus making them unable to work anyway....
    Yes, we do need a bigger birthrate, but at the moment the largest increase in population is still natural and not immigration.
    London alone has a natural population increase of 40,000 a year (40,000 more births than deaths) and this figure as a percentage can be expected in every city in the country.