Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Does anyone think realtionships mean more when you are not together all the time?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i would just like to know if anyone agrees with me that sometimes not speanding all day of everyday together is a good thing and makes you want to speand each moment you have together special?

Comments

• Options
    yeah i agree :)

my boyf and i have been together for 10months, the last 3 of which have been a long-distance relationship :(

before that we were inseparable, but now that we have to spend time apart it really makes us appreciate each other more when we do get to see each other.

i think sometimes i like it better this way, because i'm more independent and it's so great when we do see each other :D

but i still miss him :(
  • Options
    yea thats what i mean. Makes you appreciate every second you have with each other!
    I've been trying to tell my mate all this and he doesn't believe me, he said he would prefer to see his girlfriend all the time!
  • Options
    yeah that's what my boyf used to say til forced into this situation :p

guess, like with a lot of things, you dont know til youve tried it ;)
  • Options
    yeah I agree....it's much better to have some space, even for your own sanity if nothing else.

But when your apart and your missing each other it makes the next time you see that person sooo special.;)
  • Options
    exactly and also you don't know what you've got til it gone!
  • Options
    *puts on the janet jackson cd*
  • Options
    I kinda know what you mean, when I first started seeing my boyf, because of the hours we worked, I used to see him 3 times a week (Mon, Thurs & Sat!) and I used to really look forward to these days. Now though, we live together and are with each other all the time. Sometimes I miss the old days when I used to really miss him and look forward to seeing him. Saying that though, nothing beats waking up in the middle of the night to find the one you love cuddled up beside you :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by samuti
    my boyf and i have been together for 10months, the last 3 of which have been a long-distance relationship :(

before that we were inseparable, but now that we have to spend time apart it really makes us appreciate each other more when we do get to see each other.

i think sometimes i like it better this way, because i'm more independent and it's so great when we do see each other :D

but i still miss him :(

I agree!! The last 5 months of my relationship (2&1/2 yrs altogether) have been long distance. Before that we saw each other almost all day every day whilst we were at uni. Now when we do spend time together I enjoy it a lot more and we get on much better..... BUT I still don't like it at all! Long distance relationships are crap and lately I find myself really down cos I only get to see him every 3 weeks or so. For me it kinda defeats the whole point of having a boyf when you never get to see him! I'll stick with it cos I love him, but I don't like it!
  • Options
    When you live appart, and only see your partner a few times a week/month, you make better use of the time when you're together, and make an effort to do things together.
    Things can become a bit mundane when you live together, especially if you're together 24/7. A short break apart can work wonders. :)
    When you're together all the time, you can start to drive each other nuts at times. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Re: Does anyone think realtionships mean more when you are not together all the time?
    Originally posted by lollipop_2010
    i would just like to know if anyone agrees with me that sometimes not speanding all day of everyday together is a good thing and makes you want to speand each moment you have together special?

yeah. you aren't living in each others pockets so you don't get bored of each other, plus if you only get to see each other once in while you appreciate it more, and make more of the time you have together.
  • Options
    Yes I think it does. The most I have ever seen any of the bfs I have had in a space of a week is once or twice unless we are on holiday together or something. It has always worked well like that in my opinion.
  • Options
    i am so glad that so many ppl agree with me, i can win the arguement now, thanx everyone! hehehe!