Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mozilla

Fed up with pop up adverts?

It is kind on resources, stable, fast and has a minimalist GUI. Think of a more compatible Opera, a faster Netscape, a more stable IE and a less resource-hungrey AOL ..all banged into one.

Pop ups? I haven't seen one since I installed Mozilla in May! Angelfire... kiss your ads "goodbye". It also differentiate between links that open in a new window from adverts that pops up on top of your computer without your consent.

All the hot keys are on par with NS and IE. F5 to reload and F11 for full screen etc. If you already use IE, it will import the "favourites" into the Netscape-style bookmarks. If you know HTML, you can tailor the bookmark, but the bookmark editor in Mozilla is ample.

The comparison between IE and Mozilla is comical. With IE, my computer crashed just about every day. Over to Mozilla, it crashes about once a fortnight.

In my four years of heavy Internet usage, I have used NS, IE, Opera and AOL (in that order) for about a year each. But now, I really could not go back to any of those.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.