Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What Is The Story Of Attempted Cyanide Gas Release On UK Subway?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The story is just coming in here though it is a week old in UK so if anyone has a thread please post it so we can spread it around;

subject is three North African men who were plotting the scheme for el Quiada!

Thanks!:eek:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MI5 & Scotland Yard involved and attempted to keep it quiet...?
    Just in here; they are charged under the "Prevention Of Terrorism Act" in UK!

May just be a 'paperwork' crime with no overt act having been made!

Any details over there yet?
    Arrest took place eight days ago...!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uklatest/story/0,1271,-2176618,00.html

Doesn't anyone have any more details than this?
    Didnt see anything on the tele about it. Obviously it must not have been very advanced a plot, but here is what the BBC had to say about it...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2198228.stm
    Thanks...that is more than we have or have been hearing...but they are featureing the 'mystery' story here!
    We'll have to read the Times tomorrow to learn more... although it's all speculations and nothing has been confirmed other than the 3 arrests.

It might all be true, of course; Al Queida is still very operational and dangerous, and bound to strike again soon. If all of this is true, we should be very grateful that those people were caught on time. But will we always be so lucky?

It's a damned shame Blair and Bush have diverted all their attentions to other matters and forgotten about their much trumpeted war on terror. I think it's pretty clear which of the two conflicts presents a bigger and more imminent danger to the public.
    it's a fucking dammed shame that the people of italy were alowed to reaD STUFF ABOUT OUR ROYAL GARBAGE before we were.
    here in the U.K we are free... but all our opinions about world affairs and home incidents are controlled to a degree by those who want us to know or not to know. what do we know ? what do we believe ?
    Calm down moroccan roll and I will be good too...notice, I didn't respond with the woolcoveredkritter word in my response...even though I firmly believe that is all government (yours/ours) want of its subject/citizens!

There are too many cases similar to this to reiterate here but I'm sure you have heard of some of them...!

Again, thanks to all for the help with this.
    I found this on one of our gun boards...you might want to take note of its content/recomendations!

http://www.iht.com/articles/77137.html
    Yes, I've heard of that campaign. Pure genius: "If you see a gas attack, run away from it!" Well, you cannot beat contingency plans like those... :D
    LOL. True, Aladdin! I also particularly like the "use a handkerchief" suggestion. Given the fact that even Mustard gas will take its toll if a professional gas mask is not affixed properly, a hanky will certainly offer protection (especially from some of the more advanced bio/chemical weaponry around these days). :rolleyes: