Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Islam In US Prisons ~~ 2% Of US Population

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/11/14/65947.shtml

Corrections is a growth industry in US and we are filling our prisons up witht these people...many doing 99 years to life, etc.

What is the opinion here for perhaps US repatriating all these convicts to some islamic African country or territory (willingly of course; an offer of freedom and forgiveness if they leave).

With AIDS/HIV decimating many countries on the dark continent it is my opinion that a situation could be found that would welcome them and incorporate them into a community that supports their islamic views...your opinions please!

As for what to do with all the guards...well, they are basically damaged goods and there really isn't much use for them here either...perhaps some could be encouraged to travel with their current charges and arrnge services and support to the new community(s) as allowed or required.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, and while we're at it, why don't we send all Hindus back to India, Jews to Israel, Buddhists to Asia, etc.

C'mon Diesel, that's just ridiculous.
  • Options
    Would no doubt make the KKK extremely happy! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Actually...I think it would make the prisoners very happy...better free on a frontier than imprisoned for life! I'm not talking about deporting a 'race' of people...I'm sure the white/hispanic/etc., prisoners would jump on the idea too...the main opposition will come from folks that make a living guarding other citizens.

(Ghengas Kahn said: "take no prisoners, I will not shame my men by making of them guards!"

I think he had a point...!:eek2:
  • Options
    Why dont you just save time and throw them in the ocean?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Deporting violent convicted felons?

For those who argue against capital punishment, I would think that deporting those convicted felons would be preferable to imprisoning them.

Of course, for those who feel the the violent felon is simply a victim of society, then it smacks of accountability/responsibility for ones own actions, and we simply cannot have that in a touchie/feelie society. Better to keep the wolves amongst the sheep, where they can be happily well-fed, and content. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    no problems with deporting crims, we used to do it....

However making out that all the black inmates should be deported to Africa smells too much lke Nazism to me. But then texans and other southerners aren't renowned for their ability to get on with blacks without wanting to enslave or lynch them.

I bet you and Diesel have confederate battle flags in your pickups don't you.
  • Options
    OH MY GOD!!!!!

Somethings wrong.. i agree with desiel.

If they wanted to be deported, and the new host country accepts them....then why not?

It means that they cannot commit a crime in the US again (which is what prison for life does), costs less than keeping the prisoners, is more humane, and prolly some other benifits that don't spring to mind at the moment.

Of course all this is dependent on the host country accepting them. These are going to be rapists, murders and killers, and what country wants those running around its population loose.

Unfortunatly for this to work they really have to be accepted freely, it would not be fair on the population if the state was paid by the US to accept prisoners.

The deported would have to easily identifiable so they don't re-enter the states... Prehaps a discreet tattoo ?

Of course all this is only a good idea if you are deporting prisoners that actually want to be deported. Its unfair to force them to leave.

But we still have the problem of who would want to take them...
  • Options
    WOAH!!!

I think not reading the article has been a mistake.

I didn't realise they only wanted to deport black inmates.

Where is the sense, reasoning or logic behind that?

Asides from that it didn't seem like a completly insane idea....
  • Options
    One point that appears to have been conveniently overlooked here though is that simply because one is black or Islamic makes them no less necessarily a US citizen, born and raised.

Saying "let's deport Blacks or Islamics back to their own countries" doesnt really make any sense if they are US citizens themselves now does it?

How bout we find out the ancestry of violent "caucasian" offenders and send them back to Italy, Greece, Spain, Ireland, the UK, etc... even if their families haven't lived there for, say, two or three generations or more??

Ridiculous! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Ridiculous! :rolleyes:

Not in the eyes of the KKK fellowship and other assorted morons.
  • Options
    Yes, well, I think i made that reference previously. ;)
  • Options
    I love this ridiculous argument. Obviously you have not thought about this theory for more than two seconds.

First, if a criminal is a foreign citizen, he will be deported to his home country the second his sentence is completed anyway, Immigration and Naturalization takes custody of them and deports them the instant they leave the facility.

If he is a US citizen you cannot do this. It is blatantly unconstitutional.

Violates the First Amendment, freedom of religion and association.

Violates the Fourteenth Amendment, due process.

Violates the Eighth Amendment, cruel and unusual punishment.

Probably violates the takings clause of the Fifth too.

Probably violates the equal protection clauses of the the Tenth and Fourteenth too.

What you propose singles out one group for special treatment. Like the internment of Japanese-Americans during WWII, which could never happen today and should never have happened then.

And if you want to argue that these guys are somehow "not American" enough to stay in this country, face the fact that probably, if he is of African-American descent, his family has lived in the US for longer than yours has.

Unless you think that this half-baked idea has enough support to ratify a new amendment to the Constitution...:lol:

Get real. Think with your head, not with your heart. Once you start to take away the rights we have as US citizens our country slowly becomes no better than the Third World.
  • Options
    Once you start to take away the rights we have as US citizens our country slowly becomes no better than the Third World

True and especially no better than those Islamic nations of which our government insists we should be so terrifed! :rolleyes:

Nevermind about all the Western evils we have supported throughout history (Noriega's Panama, Batista's Cuba, Pinochet's Chile, etc..)...

Double standards are our specialty, Get'm while theyre hot! :lol:
  • Options
    http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=\Nation\archive\200211\NAT20021114a.html

Another thought...don't take their citizenship...just restrict where they can practice it...ie., New Texas, depopulated (AIDS) Africa, etc.

Africa is perfect because in ten years many native populations will no longer exist...! :naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Diesel
    http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=\Nation\archive\200211\NAT20021114a.html

Another thought...don't take their citizenship...just restrict where they can practice it...ie., New Texas, depopulated (AIDS) Africa, etc.

Diesel, how is that any different from taking someone's citizenship?

It isn't.
  • Options
    A 'prisoners' citizenship is already restricted...because they are a prisoner...can't vote. don't pay taxes (usuall), only gender challenged sex, limited on goods available, etc.

:D
  • Options
    A 'prisoners' citizenship is already restricted...because they are a prisoner...can't vote. don't pay taxes (usuall), only gender challenged sex, limited on goods available, etc.

:D

Yes. But this is dealing with fundamental rights...which can never be taken from you. Like it or not, these Muslim prisoners are still US citizens. Freedom of religion is a fundamental right. Freedom of association is a fundamental right. Equal protection under the law is a fundamental right.

I don't care how much you wish this would happen. It can't. If you want this to happen it would mean that every prisoner in the penal system would have to be deported as well. While I would love to see this happen it won't.

And another thing, post Mariel boat exodus, who would take these criminals?

Drop it. Your arguments are getting weaker and weaker. You bring up some good points from time to time but this one....even as a purely hypothetical its pretty stupid.
  • Options
    Our prisoners don't have a 'fundamental' right to move from place to place, cross state lines, leave the country, some can't even leave their city without permission.

Now, since much of Africa is soon to be depopulante by HIV/AIDS it wouldn't be unreasonable to stake out a claim and first declare it a territory and later a state...shades of ancient Rome!

Thinking of ancient Rome: 'service gruantees citizenship' and all that...not a bad idea at all!
  • Options
    You have some nicely veiled right-wing perspectives there Diesel.

Not only should we deport selected prisoners (which has been established as racist and in breach of the constitution), but now you suggest that we do nothing to prevent the deaths of millions upon millions of Africans when cheap generic copies of drugs to prevent such are available, in order to create "living room" (as Hitler called it) to simply seize for our own ends regardless of recognised international law and sovereignty.

You are a true fascist to the core aren't you? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Will you be wanting those confederate battle flags now sir? :lol:
  • Options
    Leaving aside that this is just a typical Diesel pisstake thread, Africa would never be depopulated, even in the absence of any medical assistance. Even the most virulent diseases don't kill off entire populations, although they might collapse the economy, leading to more deaths through secondary illnesses like tuberculosis, or civil unrest.

The implied notion that Africans are just going to lie down and die in the face of AIDS is the usual Diesel verbage.

Is Teufel back yet?
  • Options
    I have long been an advocate for prisoners rights...having caried a number of cases through the courts for HIV+ prisoners seeking medical care, etc.

Having said that do try to understand that this thread is not advocating anything...just a discussion concerning current events and eventualities/probabilities to come!

HIV/AIDS has already decimated whole populations in Africa and no slowdown in sight...with over 35% of SA infected...etc.

There is no cure for the virus and drugs only lengthen the lives of the infected...who also remain highly contagious...but it is just not pc to suggest quarentine and save the masses so all will die equally.

The world is a fast changing place as will be seen in a few days when nukes are used to destroy underground facilities in Iraq...of course, no one will go down there to check on what was destroyed for many k years!

Now, back to geting (dumping but I never said it) all those criminals (oops, I mean prisoners) to the dark continent for state of the art corrections programs...plenty of weapons just laying around over there so defense won't be their big problem...living on the 'local' economey might get interesting though...bit like the US West in the old days!
  • Options
    Our prisoners don't have a 'fundamental' right to move from place to place, cross state lines, leave the country, some can't even leave their city without permission.

You have no idea what a fundamental right is, do you?

I have a question for you, do you think this will happen, or is likely to happen?
  • Options
    ...having caried a number of cases through the courts for HIV+ prisoners seeking medical care, etc
    What does that actually mean?
  • Options
    Civil rights actions in US District Court on behalf of infected and uninfected prisoners.

HIV+ prisoners dumped into the general populations of most prisoners are put at risk for their lives if they are found out...if not found they just spread the desease further!

Quarantine is the only thing that preserves life and dignity byt the politically casterated won't let themselves see it that way and would just rather let the pantageon spread...it gets much worse!:eek2:
  • Options
    Civil rights actions in US District Court on behalf of infected and uninfected prisoners
    Break it down a little bit more. Exactly what are you asking the US District Court to do?
  • Options
    Not asking...it's ancient history: under Title 42 USCS ss1983 civil rights actions were prosecuted against government agencies for basically not doing their job and protecting the prisoners and the citizens...some we won...some were ultimately successfull in spite of government intent.

Ultimately our politically casterated crowd cares not a whit about how many people...prisoner or freeman...dies over the politicalized HIV virus pantageon!

If you catch it you will die from AIDS unless something else kills you first.
  • Options
    Not asking...it's ancient history: under Title 42 USCS ss1983 civil rights actions were prosecuted against government agencies for basically not doing their job and protecting the prisoners and the citizens...some we won...some were ultimately successfull in spite of government intent
    So you're involved with the single issue of 'protecting' prisoners from a "dangerous, infectious, communicable disease"? Is the HIV virus an airborne pathogen, then? And how do you feel about Hepatitis B?
  • Options
    Was is the operational word here...I am retired!

I have read quite a bit of material on the subject from "The Lancet" to the prestigeous "Pasteur Institute" reports...it is an astounding lentavirus...no lentavirus has ever been cured or defeated without quaranteen!

Pasteur Instituted documented cases where someone did catch the HIV virus...from a door knob/toilet seat...etc. As for the airborne part...well, there is a reason they have patients wear face masks...as do the doctors & nurses.

It is a terrible disease and a horrible way to die...and current policies worldwide gurantee that a huge percentage of todays population worldwide will be lost to HIV/AIDS!
  • Options
    Which is why people are advocating more comprehensive sex ed in schools and family planning for the developing world where Catholicism is showing itself to be heinously irresponsible (telling people that use of condoms is a sin). :rolleyes:

If more young people would use condoms (latex that is not sheep-gut or other porous materials) then the spread of HIV would be reduced dramtically.

Of course there is a chance of catching it through blood transfusions and random accidents but in the first case it is the responsibility of the hospital ro clinic to thoroughly screen for such contamination in blood before allowing it into their stocks and in the latter case well accidents happen but that doesnt mean the newly infected person has to be a risk to others if he/she uses proper prevention as mentioned above.

The spread of this disease to date has come about largely through irresponsibility, misinformation, and ignorance more than anything else.