Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Which is worse - Drinking/Eating?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm a college student and most of what I eat during the day is fast food, candy, soda, pizza, etc. My roommate is always saying I need to be careful because it is bad for my heart and health. I don't gain any weight (I'm 5'7" and have weighed 135lbs for 2yrs now) and I'm as active as I always was, so I don't really see a problem.

My roommate on the other hand, eats very healthy...veggies, fruits, organic food, all that stuff. But, she drinks every night. She's almost always drunk when she gets home. About half the time, she ends up throwing up before she goes to bed. I don't see how this can be good for her liver.

Anyone got any ideas as to which is worse? Bad diet or heavy drinking?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    both bad, but from where i am standing, seems like he drinking is worse. More potential for serious long term damage from alchahol abuse. But bad diet aint too good for you either, but as long as you seem quite healthy i guess its ok. I have pizza and chips for lunch most days and always have fizzy drinks with me. The main drawback for me is sometimes a bit less energy and i am aneamic, but i take ferrous sulphate to make up for that, and if i dont i only feel tired so its no biggy. Look pale tho - white tongue!