Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nursing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok... heres the story!
I'm almost 17 and I've just dropped out of college (Cos I got bored :p ) any way, Ive been spending a lot of time thinking about career stuff and what to do next, and belive me its a lot of time as I havent really got anything else to do now!
I've been thinking about nursing!
Does anyone have any idea about how I can get into it? Ive tried NHS website thingy and other such things and they are all sending me information packs through the post but I cant wait that long!
Do you need A levels and such?
Ive got GCSE's all A's and B's! :D

Cheers!!

Comments

• Options
    There are various different qualifications for nursing. It might be best to sit tight and wait for those info packs, or you could ring up your local career services for a quick chat:

Careers Services National Association
    Careers centres differ around the country in which services they provide to people. Depending on which company is in charge of your area, The advice may be free to everyone or restricted to certain groups of people.
    Telephone: 01926 318255
  • Options
    Cheers Karla!!!
  • Options
    I was thinking of going into nursing but in the end i made the informed choice that i would get no respect as a nurse. u start on 15k, and after about 10 years if ur lucky ur on 22k, which sucks. Nurses are on strike for a 15% raise, i hope they get it.

To be a nurse, you need to qualify, in 1 of 4 branches, adult, child, mental health, and then theres midwifery, and theres a different course for that.

U can do the diploma or the degree in each branch.

To do the diploma u need 5 gcses. To do the degree you need 5 gcses and 2 a levels. Most nursing students do the diploma bc u get an automatic bursary.