Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

period and weight loss

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does this happen to anybody else or is it something odd i should get checked out...

during my period (well right after it really) i will have lost anywhere from 5-10 pounds, it is not noticable weight loss, just things the scale shows. then gradually for the rest of the month i will gain back those few pounds that i lost and the cycle will start over.
i dont' do anything different during those few days. i eat the same, exercise the same, everything the same. so whats up?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    everyone(pretty much) looses weight during a period since u gain water before it! thing called water retention thats all. if it showed actual weight loss (and it does around ure tummy) then a period is like a blessing 2 me!!
    nothing to worry about but if u want to be sure, you can go to your doctor who will be pleased to help you! :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh no, now I think I'm wierd!
    I actually put on weight during my period! I have a huge appetite anyway but when I'm on it just gets worse! It would be nice if you could actually see the weight i put on though, i could do with a couple more pounds on my skeletal frame!!