Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

why doesnt it bother me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, over the last week (well, starting from sunday 27th i think), i have had 3 major bad things happen to me. First, my entire maths coursework that was due in on friday got deleted, i had to work really hard to try and get it in tho it was still late. Second, my elder brother who i look up to (hes 18) took an overdose but hes ok and now recovering) On sunday morning at 4:00 about 6 drunk yobs who were about 20 i wud guess were angry at my mum and started trying to get into the house, kicking in windows etc.

Even tho all this has happened, im not in fits, im sleeping well (more than usual to tell the truth) and im not showing any negative emotion. I dont want to store it and then come out crazy or mentally unstable 2 years down the line when im doing my A-Levels but i just havent had any urges of emotions. In fact, usually i just have a null emotion on my face (like relax ur face and itll sorta go what i describe null) as im usually quite somber but maybe becase i fancy this really nice girl whenever i think about her i smile, and it doesnt matter what mood im in. Thesite has helped cos when certain teachers go off screaming which usually upsets me (wuss i know) i just think of the innocent flirting (esp GFK lol) and it makes me laugh out loud. Puts me rite in a good mood. But i want to know why im not upset or depressed even tho all of this has happened over the last week. I know i should be glad but im not but i just find it unusual im going around feeling happy when so many people in my circumstances would be pretty upset (or at least i think they wud).

Any advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Re: why doesnt it bother me?
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Ok, over the last week (well, starting from sunday 27th i think), i have had 3 major bad things happen to me. First, my entire maths coursework that was due in on friday got deleted, i had to work really hard to try and get it in tho it was still late. Second, my elder brother who i look up to (hes 18) took an overdose but hes ok and now recovering) On sunday morning at 4:00 about 6 drunk yobs who were about 20 i wud guess were angry at my mum and started trying to get into the house, kicking in windows etc.

Even tho all this has happened, im not in fits, im sleeping well (more than usual to tell the truth) and im not showing any negative emotion. I dont want to store it and then come out crazy or mentally unstable 2 years down the line when im doing my A-Levels but i just havent had any urges of emotions. In fact, usually i just have a null emotion on my face (like relax ur face and itll sorta go what i describe null) as im usually quite somber but maybe becase i fancy this really nice girl whenever i think about her i smile, and it doesnt matter what mood im in. Thesite has helped cos when certain teachers go off screaming which usually upsets me (wuss i know) i just think of the innocent flirting (esp GFK lol) and it makes me laugh out loud. Puts me rite in a good mood. But i want to know why im not upset or depressed even tho all of this has happened over the last week. I know i should be glad but im not but i just find it unusual im going around feeling happy when so many people in my circumstances would be pretty upset (or at least i think they wud).

Any advice much appreciated.

Being in love when you haven't yet been denied is a good feeling :)

Just wait until you get denied :(

but good luck :heart:
  • Options
    Re: Re: why doesnt it bother me?
    Originally posted by carlito

Being in love when you haven't yet been denied is a good feeling :)

Just wait until you get denied :(

but good luck :heart:

One of her friends asked me today if i fancied her i said yes and she said that Laura fancies me really badly too, i was just too shy to ask her and she was too shy to ask me. Ill ask her tommorow. LOL i remember the girl i last fancied - i told her and she went mental and was a real bitch so i got over her but she still thinks i fancy her - she could jeopordise my relationship acutally by saying "hes only going out wiht u to make me jealous, so i wouldnt bother - i know he fancies me"

she was nice, but she thought no1 loved her, when she realized lots of people liked her she decided it wasnt that special and she could do whatever she likes, a classic case of how a nice girl changes to a bitch.

Anyway, ill c if me and laura can keep it a secret and maybe Aysha can just realize that if shes a bitch people wont fancy her. Life is tough sometimes but her lessons are tougher.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: why doesnt it bother me?
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    One of her friends asked me today if i fancied her i said yes and she said that Laura fancies me really badly too, i was just too shy to ask her and she was too shy to ask me. Ill ask her tommorow
    Ask her honey, you sound like a really nice guy and if I was her I'd be glad to have you, seize the moment, life's too short :)
  • Options
    good luck wid laura m8!

i felt like dat when sumit bad hapnd2me, nowhere near as bad as wots hapnd2u tho!

i woz at a party recently n my drink got spiked, i fell and cut my head open, then woke up the next day in hospital not rememberin a thing-didnt even know why i was there till the nurse sed i "cud hav a wash but not to get my hair wet"-so i felt my head n found the cut-theyd glued it coz it wudnt stitch well. i had no idea it was there!!!!

my mates were all really worried, and so were my family-they wanted to find out who'd done it n exactly wot hapnd- but i just didnt care less! i just concentrated on gettin better- i was sat on a critical ward in the hospital smiling my head off- partly why the doc discharged me early!

it woz very strange- evry1woz askin why i wasnt bothered n sayin theyd b really upset if it hapnd to them! even weirder is that i usually get pretty worked up abt stuff!!!

i dint even have a nice girl 2 get me thru it! (another long n borin story for another day....)

j
  • Options
    well, asked laura out and she said yes! anyway, still dont feel bad about what else has been happening, perhaps ive already dealt with it and got over it, but this is quite a lot to take all in one week. ?I just wondered whether it was shock or something, but i dont know...
  • Options
    Great, I'm glad Laura said yes, I'm pleased for you. I'm sorry about the things that have happened recently but I'm glad you seem to be coping, maybe you have just accepted it all already and maybe the thought of Laura was helping you through it:D (which it would!!!) It could be that you're in shock I suppose I don't really know. It sounds like you've done well with the way you've coped with things so far. I hope things work out well for you with Laura and I hope you continue to cope with things. Keep smiling. :) xx. Sorry I haven't been much help!:)
  • Options
    some people are lucky and end up with a positive optimistic take on life..So long as you're coping OK it can only bee a good thing.
  • Options
    well, when i was at my secondary school i was always feeling low cos i was scared at the teachers, if u were tired they thought u werent concentrating and they wud pick u straightwawat. Maybe its cumulative now im at college, have more mates and thus more self-security and Laura at the same time that my life is finally coming together. My family seem to be coping quite well and i have almost forgotten about the bad stuff, too busy thinking about laura. She's great for me, cos we r both REALLY shy and she cna push me just a bit like and make suggestions as to like going to bradgate etc. Lol, today was funny cos i was walking her home and guess what? My sister spotted her and started screaming lol and every1 in street was staring. Anyway, now every1 at home knows and my mum aint like what she was with my other girlfriends (she was "you are too young for a girlfriend" - bt now she is "you should bring her round sometime") wich is really cool. Anyway, 1 night i didnt sleep so well but i was thinking about Laura and i kept seeing her face and smiling and i just couldnt sleep so next day i was almost asleep in english but i think a part of my brain took over cos i got a good slip for good effort lol!:lol: