Looking for support for self harm? This community is a safe space to talk with others who have similar experiences, whilst you may also want to check out our content which has lots of information on things you can do to help your recovery.
Head over to this thread to submit a song for our February 'Love' playlist that we'll be putting on Spotify!

My predictions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think a lot of people will patronize me or w.e for posting this, but im overjoyed with my GCSE predictions. If i manage to get them then that means ill b able to do my A-levels in any free school over the country, and maybe even get a scholarship - who knows?

Anyway, they are straight A*, i have no photo at the mo, but if ne1 hates me for posting this then ill take a photo. Also, its not wrong to be proud of your own acheivements, so calm down everyone, im just loving the fact that finally, i can be the best in something, see, ive always never been good at sports, never had a good social life (tho that is looking up) and was bullied often. Now i can finally say that im on the way to acheiving something that only a minority have ever got is brilliant. Also i can throw it in people's faces when they insult me. Maybe i shouldnt use it like that, but its a good feeling to have...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Congratulations hon! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :D
    Well done! I would be proud too, you have every right to be, but please, heed this warning:

I was predicted 4 grade As at A-level, and no matter how hard I tired I couldn't get that out of my head, and somehow I felt I was invincible! However, when my results came in I got ABBB, I was the most gutted I had ever been in my life.

It is ok to be proud, but don't kid yourself that you don't need to work!

Also, this comment confused me a bit:
    that means ill b able to do my A-levels in any free school over the country
    You can do your A-levels anywhere you want anyway! And it is quite unusual for people to move around so much to do A-Levels. I think you are placing far too much emphasis on your GCSEs, once you have A-Levels then you'll realise no-one really cares what exam marks you got when you were 16.
    well, im a bit lazy in normal work, but work hard when it comes to any proper coursework, and in my first english piece i got an A. My graphics aint up to scratch, but ive been told that its the second year that counts. I realise that some companies dont care that much for your GCSEs, but i always work my hardest, because if i get awful grades, my brother will take me on in an apprentiship (he runs his own company). I was just wondering, as i dont know what i want to end up on. Im fantastic at computers, but they are usually fall-back skills i think as they dont bring such high wages. Maybe i should try and be a doctor, but they are apparently put in awful working conditions. Anyway, my work so far is consistent with my predicted grades, so im still happy. I tend to do better in tests than coursework, as i always know all the questions (its brilliant, i only revise certain parts and they are the parts that come up).

Thanks for the support as well guys! and gals?