Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ouch. This isn't funny.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, basically I get bad period pains. Woo. Usually they're nothing special, just a quick ache but I can go about my daily life without any interruptions.

However, for the past 3 months, the day before I'm due to come on, I've had a rather strange experience. Well, understatement. I've been basically floored by absolutely excruciating pain in my stomach (any girls on here who get period pains will know where I mean.)

The last time, they struck after school. It was a good thing mum came home when she did because I was quite literally on the verge of unconsciousness in a crumpled heap on the floor. When I get these pains I can't breathe properly, I can't move any part of my body for fear of starting a fresh bout of pain and it takes few hours of lying in a heap with a lot of ibuprofen and many hot water bottles until I can even think of getting up.

Mum is at a loss as to what they are, as am I. I figured that the first time may have been a one off, the second maybe. But now that it's happened 3 times I'm rather concerned.

I know I should go to the doctors, but what on earth do I say?

Comments

• Options
    Awwww Sorry to hear about that

*hugz*

dont be worried about going to the doctors, you dont need to have a speech prepared! just tell him/her exactly whats going on. they'll have seen it all before so it wont be like they wont be able to help. maybe if your really worried you should write down some points on a notepad so you dont go blank as soon as you walk in the door!

good luck

x x x x x
  • Options
    You definitely need to speak to your GP about it. If you're worried about going a bit blank when you get in there, you could always print out a copy of this page to show them.

Useful article here:
    http://www.thesite.org/magazine/specials_shame/female_shame/period_problems.html
  • Options
    I know how you feel, I use to be in really bad pain the first day of my period and because my periods were all over the place I didn't know when it would happen, not easy when you are at school.

I used to pass out or feel really faint virtually every first day of the period and they were really heavy too.

I went to a lady doctor who was understanding and suggested going on the pill as it would reduce the flow, reduce the pain and I would know what day I might kneed more pain killers!!

Although my mum wasn't too happy for a 15 year old to go on the pill it has worked, and I have been on and off them ever since.

I would go and talk to someone like your doctor who can make sure there isn't anything wrong and can suggest an improvement!!

;);)
  • Options
    I use to get really bad pains, to the point of blacking out. The doctor put me onto the contarceptive injection after a course of tablets. See a doc and they will sort you out, i sympathise with ya mine use to be incredable painful.
  • Options
    go and see the doctor - this used to happen to my friend, she actually passed out on day and went to the doctors and he put her on tablets which helped to control the hormone release but it wasnt the pill i'm not sure what they were called:rolleyes: :confused: but its maybe worth looking into??:)

hope that helps!!!:D
  • Options
    *Is glad to be male....the easy life*

Ummm i know you can go on the pill to ease period pains? Or are you already on it? I think pains are more common amongst teenagers aswell. You should go to your doctor to see if he can do anything for you because you shouldn't have to put up with that each month.

:)
  • Options
    I feel for you because I used to have bad period pains as well, I used to vomit and feel faint and not want to move in case it made it worse etc. It's probably best to go to your doctors and just check there's no underlying problem. Don't worry about what you'll say, I'm sure they'll understand and see this kind of problem a lot, maybe print out what you've told us and show that to your doctor.

I found homoeopathy extremely helpful for my period pains, so seeing a homoeopath might be worthwhile. I really hope you manage to get sorted hun because it's not pleasant is it (understatement!!). Lots of love and *hugs*. xxx.
  • Options
    I used to suffer from the same type of pain you are suffering. I finally went to my gyno and was asked a series of questions and put up with several tests. Only to find out the source of my pain was because I was using tampons. I quit using them and was better off after. I'm not saying I was pain free because I still suffered the normal discomforts that come with your period.

Don't be worried about going to your doctor about any of this. They are there to help you. They won't judge you or criticize you.
    They'll help you find the relief you need.

Hopefully after all this is over with you can return to the "normal" aspects of being a female.
  • Options
    I get them really bad as well, but I just take a couple of feminax and that clears it right up.
  • Options
    i get bad pain in my stomach, its once a month, but it rotates, for 3 months it will be the 4th of the month, then it will be the end, then the middle, then the beginning again. it hurts so much that i can't stand up. and i when i first got it i thought i was hungry, so i ate and ate and ate and ate. still nothing. does anyone know what this is?
  • Options
    Well, it happened again, but I've dscovered that Feminax (as suggested by HunnyPot) works wonders! :D As do those funny Lil-Lets heated pad thingys. It seems to be doing the job :)
  • Options
    See! After about 5 minutes, i get a floaty, light feeling in my tummy, its so nice when you are relieved of that pain! Do you get it too? It's better if I lie down in bed.
  • Options
    I get awful pain & found out I've got endometriosis. Go to www.endo.org.uk.