Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fireworks

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nearly every single teenager and most adults throw fireworks at halloween...where we live.
  • Options
    THe only people who throw fireworks round my end are the immature little kids who are trying to be hard in front of their mates. They grow out of it eventually. As I'm sure you two will as well, unless you think trying to injure/kill people is good fun and something that you should go about doing.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Leave them alone people. I guess it makes a refreshing change from throwing Molotov Coctels and pipe bombs eh? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    It would be nice if fireworks were banned from public sale.

A lot of people have had fireworks thrown at them around here (Great Horton area of Bradford), and one of my friends found a lit firework on their doorstep...lucky they shut the door in time...

As far as halloween goes, living at number 13 seems to stop trick-or-treaters! ;)
  • Options
    Fireworks are bloddy annoying!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    I was being sarcastic.Why would i worry about an attack on parliment that happened when i wasnt even alive.:confused:

Neither did WW2 but I'm sure you know a little about that.

Although I am starting to wonder...

So let me explain.

The Gunpower Plot, which we commemmorate on 5th November, was a Catholic inspired attempt to destory the Houses of Parliament when the King was in attendance. It was unearthed and foiled. The conspiritors we tracked down and promptly hung, drawn and quartered.

Now, maybe I've missed something in my 30 years, but isn't there some sort of Catholic/Protestant issue in Ireland?

Bearing in mind that the conspiritors were Catholic, you'd expect them to be martyrs for the Republicans, and vilified by the Prods...

Or at least for people to be aware.

Our burning of a effigy could actually be considered religious hatred...
    You dont understand halloween over here so you cant say dont be throwing fireworks and all that shit cuz EVERYONE does it.

Must be a busy time then, bet you can't move for flying fireworks then... :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by you_only_ live _once
    just because you are a boring bunch of wining cunts.

Such elloquence, and such a stong argument. I'm not sure if I can counter it.

Except to say that I'd rather be consider a "whining shit" (note spelling) than be responsible to causing a child to lose their sight, something which happens every year thanks to morons like you...
  • Options
    There is a catholic and prod issue but not much where i live.I have never caused a child to lose their vision and caused any harm on a person.I know a boy sure who lives beside me who has lost 2 of his fingers when he lifted a rocket up that was out and it blew his fingers off..So i do know what fireworks can do.But i dont throw them at children,just at the land rovers at halloween.
    As i said b4 not many people on here understand halloween over here.
  • Options
    But i dont throw them at children,just at the land rovers at halloween.

But why the fuck do you throw them at Land Rovers :confused:
  • Options
    Because it probably said "ARMY" on the side.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine

Wonder if its a local phenomenon from where youre at. :confused:

They're Irish, to them fireworks aren't explosives capable of harm, they are harmless toys.

Did it ever occur to you that once the police wrote your name down they might come back for you?

And what is with this getting crazy thing on Halloween, what a load of toss. NOBODY else does it, except for some small crap hole in Ireland. Hardly an award winning commendation.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kazbo
    THe only people who throw fireworks round my end are the immature little kids who are trying to be hard in front of their mates. :

One of the many reasons why I hate teens. ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I think they should ban the sale of fireworks to the general public, and only have them for big organised displays.

yes yes yes this is exactly what i think!!!!! not only would it reduce the risk of casulties but it would stop me from being woken up at 2 in the blood morning by some idiot letting them off outside my house!!:mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

it totally drives me :crazyeyes when people do that!!!! and throwing bangers at each other its totally pointless and very very dangerous!!!!

ok i've said my peace!!! *scuttles back into the corner!!*:o
  • Options
    I have never caused a child to lose their vision and caused any harm on a person.

Yet.

Or to your knowledge...
    So i do know what fireworks can do.But i dont throw them at children,just at the land rovers at halloween.

Oh well, that okay then, you only put the driver of the Land Rover, his passengers and anyone he happens to hit while trying to avoid the fireworks, in peril...
    As i said b4 not many people on here understand halloween over here.

Funny that, of course it might be beacuse this has more to do with mindless moronic behaviour and less to do with Hallowe'en.

The only reason you accociate it with this time is because it's the only time that fireworks are freely available...

..and that's because of November 5th...
  • Options
    ok just shut up you lot..we will always throw fireworks at ARMOURED PLATED ARMY LAND ROVERS as if it would do any damage,we dont intend to cause damage or harm...just annoyance for one night of the year.
  • Options
    Pity they don't fire back:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by RubberSkin
    Pity they don't fire back:D

LOL
  • Options
    have you ever thought throwng explosives at a landrover full of soldiers might be a bad idea?
    If I was a soldier in one of those vehicles I'd have no qualms about stepping out of it and shooting the idiot who just tried to blow me up. Because in an armoured landrover it's very difficult to determine if people are throwing fireworks or petrol bombs at you.
  • Options
    ARMOURED PLATED ARMY LAND ROVERS.

Because in an armoured landrover it's very difficult to determine if people are throwing fireworks or petrol bombs at you.---lololololololHAHAHAHA.
    That is a joke what you just said,there are windows in the fucking thing and i think they would know if a petrol bomb was being thrown instead of a small banger.duh:lol:
  • Options
    but there are people in the landrovers - first of all you said you didnt throw them at people, now you are saying you throw them at landrovers with people in them. what the fuck is wrong with you? are you mentally deficient? you cant possibly think that is an ok thing to do.
  • Options
    "To be sure Kieran, was that a banger that soldier threw at me?"

"No, Fergus. He fired a bullet at you."

"Right. Thanks Kieran. Oh shit. I'm dead."

Tune in next week for the further instalment of "I'm a stupid fuck wit that doesn't throw fireworks at people, then does, then doesn't but because it's over here it's ok."
  • Options
    who said anything about the land rover being full of soldiers?..there was a driver and a passanger and I think if they felt they were really being threatened they would leave the scene or call for backup..assuming again are we "whowhere"?
    you are just jealous that we fuck about with your stupid little soldiers.
  • Options
    were that driver and passenger not people then? just because they are soldiers doesnt mean they are not people.
  • Options
    IDIOTS!!!We dont throw them directly at people...at the landrover-so fucking what if we throw them @ stupid british soldiers on one nite of the year-it dosent affect any of you yaps yapping on about this does it=no.
  • Options
    IDIOTS!!!

Pot and kettle spring to mind.
  • Options
    IDIOTS!!!We dont throw them directly at people...at the landrover-so fucking what if we throw them @ stupid british soldiers on one nite of the year-it dosent affect any of you yaps yapping on about this does it=no.

look little boy, youre a prat. go to bed youve got school in the morning.
  • Options
    I had a nice sleep-yea thanks.:D
    People here dont see a problem with throwing fireworks at halloween, we dont fire them at each other or old people or young children,just the landrover.simple as that.
  • Options
    I had a nice sleep-yea thanks.:D
    People here dont see a problem with throwing fireworks at halloween, we dont fire them at each other or old people or young children,just the landrover.simple as that.

Cool. People over here don't have a problem with deporting people who throw fireworks to Mars. Simpls as that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DJP

Cool. People over here don't have a problem with deporting people who throw fireworks to Mars. Simpls as that.

Seems an expensive solution to me, perhaps a doubl;e-tap would be better...

Although apparently the Prods have an interesting way of dealing with this kind of moron - crucifixion...