Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

psychadelics

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
basically, what do people reckon is the best psychadelic. im not counting pot or E, i mean proper pure psychadelics, shrooms, acid, mescaline, 2CB, 2-CT-7, DMT, salvia, etc.... myself i have only done shrooms and salvia, shrooms are fantastic, only tried salvia once didnt really get anywhere, felt pleasently stoned and slightly trippy, saw some cool patterns, but i wouldnt call it a proper trip so i guess that doesnt count for me....

so.. what do people think? answers on a post card.........

Comments

• Options
    I love mushies, have only recently been introduced to them tho so that might be why. But I found the buzz alotcleaner than on acid. Have some shrooms for this weeked.....roll on friday :D

Salvia........... AGHHHHH !!!! that stuff mashed me up, took way too much of the x10 stength stuff in a bong and came the closest I have ever been to freaking out :(

:crazyeyes
  • Options
    where can you get Salvia?i dont know where to get shrooms either...dunno what fields to pick them in.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    where can you get Salvia?i dont know where to get shrooms either...dunno what fields to pick them in.

salvia is legal in almost the entire world, its just been made illegal in australia and there are moves to make it illegal in america (which means most of the rest of the world will probably follow :( ) but for the time being you can buy it very easily in headshops, anywhere that sells herbal highs.... the extracts are the best ive tried the leaves and didnt get anywhere at all, fuck all happened, i took the extract and something happened, i was quite stoned but not really tripping but from what ive heard it can take a few tries for it to work (bit like dope for the first time i guess :confused: ) so i will keep trying and see what happens! you can get dry leaves that as i said dont do a lot for me or for most people, or you can get 5X extract or 10X extract, 10 being fookin strong powerful stuff from what i've heard, 5 being what i tried..... make sure you smoke it in a bong though, with one of those flame proof mini blow torch type lighters, and you have to hold the smoke in for as long as you possibly can till no more smoke comes out when you exhale and then if thats not enough then you must take another toke straight away no break in between (i think this is where i went wrong i didnt know that at the time and i took some big tokes and held them but then had a break of a couple of minutes between tokes as i passed a bong round the circle).... but one or two tokes should be enough if its working properly.

as for shrooms, well if you go picking them yourself, you can find them in any grassland type area in medium or short length uncut grass, particularely very wet areas that are also near where many animals live, the shrooms love poo so more animals = more mushies... you might have just missed the season this year if you go picking dont leave it too much longer, go early in the morning after its been raining overnight or for a couple of days before...

have a look on erowid to identify what ones your looking for you want liberty caps, i wouldnt go picking unless you REALLY know what your doing, make sure you've really studdied pictures and descriptions, i mean really studied them, or best of all go with someone who's done it before, if you've studied the pictures and descriptions properly and dont take any chances with ones your not quite sure about the chances of you fucking up and getting the wrong ones are minimal, but its still a risk so be aware of that.

the other option is do what i did and grow some, you can get a grow kit off the internet for about 25 quid or in some head shops, i got one in camden market.... it is sooooo easy. the instructions say you need a glass tank and a water heater and pump etc.... fuck that. i had an old plastic storage box, an ex mr muscle spray bottle filled with water, a white bin liner covering the top of the box and a table lamp shining light and heat into the box through the bin liner. i got over an oz dried in the end of psilocybe cubensis which is a FUCK load of that kind of mushroom, you only need about 5 or 6 to trip hard and i got 6 flushes out of it each one about 20 big mushrooms each until the last one which was only about 6 but thats still another trip!

the best part is, its all totally legal till you dry them, and even then if you can persuade the police that they are "naturally dried" or dried by accident, they cant do a thing, which basically means even if you get busted with a truckload they cant prove they werent sun dried so you get off! i wouldnt recommend putting that to the test if you can avoid it though...... ;)

i keep meaning to post short replies and they end up being long rants, i gotta stop doing that! im sure noone can be arsed to read this stuff..... ah well..... :)
  • Options
    best psychadelics?

mescaline, no contest.
    TRicky to get, but well worth it.
    If you don't beleive me try reading Aldous Huxleys "the doors of perception".

Salvia is a lot of fun, but is pretty expensive if you think about how long it lasts.

'Shrooms are great fun, and very giggly, but i've never felt like i've had an enlightened experience after haveing them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by cokephreak
    best psychadelics?

mescaline, no contest.
    TRicky to get, but well worth it.
    If you don't beleive me try reading Aldous Huxleys "the doors of perception".

Salvia is a lot of fun, but is pretty expensive if you think about how long it lasts.

'Shrooms are great fun, and very giggly, but i've never felt like i've had an enlightened experience after haveing them.

i have read doors of perception and it is an amazing book, huxley is a god... i havent tried mescaline but the first time i took shrooms when i was in amsterdam i had an experience that was so like the experience described in doors of perception.... i saw the beauty and complexity of everything around me all the patterns of the universe and the world and felt i had truly been enlightened.
    the second time i took them, i went on a very long walk which ended with me and my friend discovering the meaning of life. i still remember it (please noone ask me what it is cause as anyone who has taken psychadelics will know it is simply not possible to describe what you've experienced) it still makes sense and i sat for a long time on my friend's bench in his front garden going "fuck.... what the fuck do i do now, im 18 years old, i've just reached enlightenment, where the fuck do i go from here"..... MINDFUCK.
    3rd time i did them was giggly and fun but not particularely enlightening.....
    but yeah i have felt truly like i've had an enlightening experience from mushrooms and as i said the first experience i had was so like the experience described in doors of perception its not even funny.... it might have something to do with the fact that id read the book and was essentially expecting to have that kind of expreience...
    but yeah next time i go to amsterdam i am going to try mescaline, you can buy the cactii in smartshops so why not!!
    although when i was there last time, we were thinking about doing it and we talked to a guy in the shop about it and he said "have you ever done hard drugs?" and we were like "like what" and he said "have you done LSD" and we said no and he said "dont do it, it will fuck you up" and gave us a big rant for like 10 minutes about not fucking with it.... it put us off at the time but i have researched it more since then and im sure i could handle it... i havent done acid simply cause its not available but ive done shrooms more than a few times in fairly large quantities and although it can be a total mindfuck at times i have never felt that it was too much and the one time i did have what might be described as a bad trip, i did not regret it at all, i learned a lot about myself and would not change the experience for anything, so i will definately be trying some mescaline next time im over there......
    ok ive gone on for too long and forgot what i was gonna say now...... oh yeah.... mescaline may be fantastic and very spiritual but i think other things can be spiritual too as my mushroom experiences have shown and the reason mescaline is very spiritual for most people may be just that it has a reputation for being spiritual so they are expecting it to be like that having read doors of perception and PiHKAL and other accounts like that......

although as you know i havent done it so i could be totally wrong....:)
  • Options
    pure lsd and synthetic mescalin were my enlightenment.
    the trouble with enlightenment from a chemical at an early age is the fact it is instant as opposed to years of some kind of discipline.
    i believe the enlightenment is probably a greater one than years of discipline. i even doubt some of the claims of the disciplined.
    i believe it to be greater because it is instant. a flash of enlightening to shock you out of and about reality as you had always known it. trouble is.....being instant leaves the mindset of, available on tap. it isn't. the things the chemicals do to you later, is nothing more than entertain. in a fantastic way yes but, it's never the same. which can lead to the gateway effect of searching for that next ...enlightening.
  • Options
    thanks octopus of doom for that speech.how long did it take you for over an oz of shrooms when u grew them yourself?
  • Options
    thanks octopus of doom for that speech.how long did it take you for over an oz of shrooms when u grew them yourself?

it took about 2 weeks before i got the first flush, but after that the flushes came about a week appart.... in the end i got 6, each one slightly smaller than the last... im estimating at over an oz because i was eating them as i went along so i didnt just have a big bag at the end to weigh but i worked out how much me and my friends had eaten and how much i ahd left and i think it came to about 35 grams dried (28 grams in an oz).... not every kit gives this many though, i was lucky, the manufacturers (can you manufacture mycelium:confused: ) guarentee at least 2 flushes and say that most kits produce between half an oz and an oz... my first 2 flushes came to half an ounce alone.... if you do it my cheep way with the spray bottle and an old box with no water heater, you really need to spray inside the box several times a day to keep it humid.... the advantage of their way is you can basically just leave it and just come back once a week to harvest. but my way is far cheaper and it worked for me!!!!:yes: unless your seriously hardcore, make sure you've got lots of experimental mates to share them with cause theres no way you could get through them all by yourself ;)
  • Options
    cool.
    how did u know how to get all this right..the timing,etc?did it tell you on the box you got it with and were the shrooms good that u grew yourself?i cudnt grow the shrooms at home cuz i live at home with my parents..but cud say its a science expriement.lol.
  • Options
    there really isnt anything to know, its so easy.... they just do it all themselves..... all you have to do is make sure that its always warm and humid inside the box/tank whatever that they are in....
    they need a tiny little bit of light just so they know which way to grow, but they dont need any serious light, not like plants or anything, any light is enough.... you just pick them when they are ready... you can pick them any time they have always got psilocybin in, but its best to pick them just before they open their caps... its hard to tell when you havent done it before but after your first flush you will know.... its not hard. and yes, they are good, fantastic in fact.... just as good as the ones i had in amsterdam that were professionally grown.... the psilocybin content isnt really affected by anything its not like growing skunk where you have to make sure everythings right to get the maximum thc content, basically if they are growing, they will have psilocybin in, and its not majorly affected by anything.... so your job is just to keep them warm and humid. thats it. simple really!
  • Options
    sounds easy enough.wud they be safe sitting away maybe for 12 hours without notice?any1 know anywhere around belfast/dublin that sells the kits that octopus is talking about?
  • Options
    yeaaaah they are fine you can leave them as long as you want.... i left them for a couple of days at a time quite a few times and it was all fine.....

i dunno much about belfast obviously but i know you can get them off the net really easily....
    www.sjamaan.com
    www.kingbong.com
    www.wellcoolstuff.com
    all have them for about 25 quid.....
  • Options
    thanks mate.ill do my research on them and see what ill do.
  • Options
    btw-where did u grow them?in ur room/shed?
    im away now 2 bed.need some sleep.
    be on again 2morrow.
  • Options
    btw-where did u grow them?in ur room/shed?
    im away now 2 bed.need some sleep.
    be on again 2morrow.

i just did it in a cupboard in my room but you could do it pretty much anywhere as long as you can keep them warm and humid.
  • Options
    cool.thanks for all that octopus.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    pure lsd and synthetic mescalin were my enlightenment.
    the trouble with enlightenment from a chemical at an early age is the fact it is instant as opposed to years of some kind of discipline.
    i believe the enlightenment is probably a greater one than years of discipline. i even doubt some of the claims of the disciplined.
    i believe it to be greater because it is instant. a flash of enlightening to shock you out of and about reality as you had always known it. trouble is.....being instant leaves the mindset of, available on tap. it isn't. the things the chemicals do to you later, is nothing more than entertain. in a fantastic way yes but, it's never the same. which can lead to the gateway effect of searching for that next ...enlightening.

i had a very strong sense in my second mushroom trip when i saw the meaning of life that i was not supposed to be seeing it.... almost like i was eating the forbidden fruit....
    i do think that psychadelics contain answers of a sort to many philosophical problems and have been prevailent in the evolution of philosophy, even if this would be denied by many western scholars... i wouldnt go as far as to say that they are the missing link in human evolution which is what, er........ one of the drug guru people said, was it timothy leary? cant remember. but yeah they can enlighten an individual and its not as if you feel enlightened at the time and then wake up the next morning and think "oh my god i was so fucked last night, i thought i was enlightened!" you wake up the next day a changed person with a new outlook on life.....
    the trouble is, people who dont trip just dont get it and assume that because its drug induced its in some way invalid. which is a shame.
  • Options
    So do u think that if everyone tripped then the world wud be a better place?
  • Options
    So do u think that if everyone tripped then the world wud be a better place?

well im not sure... if you look at the native americans, its part of their religion to take mescaline in religious ceremonies, and so in their society, pretty much everyone does trip. i am not an expert in native american culture so i really dont know the full impact of this but they are a very spiritual people and through my limited knowledge of their culture it appears to me that in many ways they are a much more spiritually enlightened people than western society... certainly much less materialist and more focussed on nature, something which is very prevailent in the revelations that come from psychadelics...

im sure that tripping isnt for everyone and there are people that wouldnt be able to handle it, and so i dont think that everyone should trip.... but i do think that drug induced revelation should be recognised by society as a valid and legitimate persute of knowledge and not marginalised and dismissed as just a bunch of hippy junkies without being given a second thought.

ps. this is my 100th post.... woohoo.
  • Options
    Hmmm,

Acid - I quite like cid, but I've had a few problems with the people I do it with, to my mind its a bit to harsh on my body to be really enjoyable. However swimming while tripping is fantastic.

2CB - I really like this drug, very rare and expencive but worth the look, a bit like the mid point between cid and mdma. Very chilled, more sensual than visual.

2-ct-7 - I've done it in quite high doses and it did sod all for me. My wife loves the stuff, she thinks its the best trip, "hippy in a bottle". A very very visual happy trip for her.

Shrooms - Just beautiful, I think thats about it really.

DMT - This stuff aint for the faint of heart, very strong and visual, if you want to see god do this.

5-meo-dmt - Less visual than the above, more physical, nice though.

AMT - This just felt like crap wizz to me but a mate tripped maddly on it.

5-meo-dipt - Kinda nice, doesnt deserve its "foxy" lable though, mild trip.

Salvia - I dont like this, it gives me the fear.

DXM - Kind of a trip if you do enough, more just a zombie effect.

I think thats it.