Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Thongs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it just me or are the full knickers being phased out in favour of thongs and g-strings?!

Not that I'm against this - personally I like to wear them most of the time, especially with skirts. The only thing I hate is when they ride up at the back with hipster style jeans cos it's a bit tarty!

sar :o

xxx

Comments

• Options
    thongs are my preference, i'm not so keen on g-strings tho, i only wear g-strings if im wearing a clingy dress. But big knickers are a NO NO!thongs are the way forward....lol
  • Options
    Yeah I've noticed that too, every girl in my college group wear thongs EVERY DAY, except for me! I wear them sometimes on occasion but not every day, I'd feel too self-conscious and slutty.
  • Options
    yeah thongs are definitely the way forward - they feel a hell of a lot nicer. hmm, I thought a g-string was the same thing tho?
  • Options
    g-strings are more erm stringier!they can be kind uncomfortable but they have no tell tale signs! do u know that you can also get a g-string with a transparent back?weird........
  • Options
    hmm, interesting! I'll have to keep my eyes open... wonder what the idea of the transparent back is? I guess so you it's not obvious if it rides up. this prolly sounds dumb, but I just like the free feeling you get from having the air around you so to speak with a skirt. although I'm probably unique in this!
  • Options
    It's all just pants to me!
    But my girlfriend only has thongs she said so you can't see a knicker line when she is wearing jeans.
    Hunnypot why do you say that you feel slutty in them?
  • Options
    I don't know why, they're just so skimpy and tiny and they don't cover as much as normal underwear does.
  • Options
    aren't they meant to be skimpy tho eh?
  • Options
    once you get used to em you'll ove them tho - they're less visible, they feel great, take up less space in the drawer and guy's usually prefer them!

My mum looked at me a bit strange the 1st time she had to wash one tho I have to say. (did anyone else get that?)
  • Options
    hehehehe yes i do know what you mean.
    Thongs i find are more comfy than big Knickers, and yes men usually do prefer them!
  • Options
    I wear both, i prefer thongs though coz u cant see that anoying knicker line :D..and from what i kno most boys prefer them to.
  • Options
    Ok thongs are the ones with wider "backs" and G strings are the one with ickle "backs", but i just call them all thongs ok :D

If we're gonna be fussy though i hate thongs cos they seriously rub so thats why i wear G strings...every day, all year round! :p I find them more comfortable anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    they're just so skimpy and tiny and they don't cover as much as normal underwear does.

Yeeah!:D

Its the whole point of them, there Eye candy for men.

:D:p
  • Options
    i wear thongs but not every day i just dont find them as comfy! though i feel its more a case of getting "used" to them if you know what i mean. i usually save thongs for special occasions ie when im going out clubbing (whoohoo) or when i know someone is going to see them (not that thats happened more than once!) but i like to keep them for occasional wear cos it feels more special - i think its just me who does this! most girls i know wear thongs all the time too!
  • Options
    Re: Thongs
    Originally posted by sarah_mcabe
    The only thing I hate is when they ride up at the back with hipster style jeans cos it's a bit tarty!

sar :o

xxx

THat happened to me this weekend and the men kept noticing my red thong over my jeans. :o

Made mental note to self that it drives men wild!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Thongs
    Originally posted by MsWhite

THat happened to me this weekend and the men kept noticing my red thong over my jeans. :o

Made mental note to self that it drives men wild!

Pretty soon to men it'll be as normal as girls having long hair by the looks of things. In about 20 years I reckon we'll all be wearing thongs and have them poking over the tops of our trousers and they won't bat an eyelid lol!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Thongs
    Originally posted by HunnyPot

In about 20 years I reckon we'll all be wearing thongs and have them poking over the tops of our trousers and they won't bat an eyelid lol!

I dream about days like those!

But in my dreams who needs clothes at all!;)
  • Options
    Lol it's true tho isnt it! I mean think, 100 years ago a bit of ankle made u lot sweat (well not literally u lot) !
  • Options
    I never wear anything but g-strings these days with the occasional thong thrown in. Just find them so much more comfortable and look better under whatever clothes you wear.
  • Options
    :rolleyes:
    I always wear G strings, but lately I have been getting into the cheeky butt shorts. They are really comfy and my boyfriend thinks they make my ass look sexy. But I really think that they look better on girls with nice round bottoms;)
  • Options
    I always wear thongs, i really dislike big knickers and g-strings. I don't know why, i think i'm just strange. I had a big thong obsession for a while... i bought loads of them! Has moved onto shoes now, which is good, cos i have about 40 thongs and really don't need anymore, but bad because shoes cost more. Oh well.

And in reply to whoever was talking about the odd looks from their mum's - we're staying with our friends at the moment, and i chucked a load of underwear in the wash, and our friend unloaded it, and actually asked me how i could wear underwear like that! I don't even think about it anymore - apart from bikini bottoms and boxers i've stolen off exes, i don't think i own anything but thongs!
  • Options
    Don't see what the big deal is with wearing thongs/g-strings:confused:

I've been wearing nothing but them for years now. There's nothing worse than a VPL (visible panty line) on girls....just ruins the look of your clothes!
  • Options
    While we're on the topic i have to say that i cannot stand girls who parade deliberately with their thong sticking up :mad:
    Just don't see the point.. if you don't do it with knickers ...why do it with a thong!!!!!
    Sorry just had to get that off my chest :D
  • Options
    What about guys wearing them ?
    Just a thought ! ;)
    Don't think I could though.
    Some guys do have horrible bottoms, & the really hairy ones.
    I'm sure it would look nice on nice round firm bubble bums ! !
    :eek: :crazyeyes :eek: ? ? ?
  • Options
    Thongs all the way :D

Only ever where big knickers when it's that week in the month i have have no choice :mad:
  • Options
    What's the difference between a thong and g string? :confused:
  • Options
    if youre going to wear gstrings, why wear knickers at all?
  • Options
    Originally posted by MsWhite
    What's the difference between a thong and g string? :confused:
    A G-string i literally a string that sticks up your arse, a thong has a tad more material to it. Both a lot more comfy that big knickers :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sweetpea
    While we're on the topic i have to say that i cannot stand girls who parade deliberately with their thong sticking up :mad:
    Just don't see the point.. if you don't do it with knickers ...why do it with a thong!!!!!
    Sorry just had to get that off my chest :D

I know! It's okay if it's accidental but otherwise it's just stupid.
  • Options
    Originally posted by disco balls

A G-string i literally a string that sticks up your arse, a thong has a tad more material to it. Both a lot more comfy that big knickers :)

I disagree. Big knix are comfy, and so are Gstrings but with thongs i feel like ive got a wedgie all day.