Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Manics new album

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Have you heard the new Manic Street Preachers album yet? Just wondered if anyone out there likes them as much as me! I'm totally loving it but hope that as its a grestest hits it doesn't mean the end. Mind you their early stuff with Richey is by far their best anyway in my opinion. I was glad to hear Suicide Is Painless (theme from M*A*S*H*) on the album as my only copy of that track was on an ancient (well 1992) cassette and I've listened to it so much that its wearing out, the tempo had gone really slow etc. Enough from me...

Randomgirl
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i used to totally love the manics but after Know Your Enemy i felt a big cheated (cos it was crap) :( i love all the Holy Bible/Gen Terrorists stuff :)

I think they said once that thered be another album after the greatest hits, but im not so sure, to be honest i think they should have split up around This is my truth... time.

The new single is very very good though :) kinda sounds like U2 tho :)

ive just seen the tracklist for Forever Delayed and theres like, ONE song from The Holy Bible on it :( and theyve put The Everlasting on it even though they absoloutely hate it :(
    im gonna see em in december i love the manics they rule :D:D :hyper:
    i was gonna buy it purely to have because im like that but after standing in a record store for about half an hour on monday because it was their "album of choice" thingy, decided there was no point. they really did pick the worst songs to put on, where was she is suffering and PCP?!? :mad:
    they really did pick the worst songs to put on, where was she is suffering and PCP?!?

I thought that, but it is a "greatest hits"album; so they're likely to put on the songs that did the best in the charts, ie the singles. A "greatest songs" album would've been better- then we could have had more of the good ones. I love the Manics, am also going to see them in September! I dont think they should split; they do still make good songs. As a whole album Know your enemy was weak, yeah, but think of odd songs like Intravenous Agnostic and Found that Soul. How many bands can write songs like those? IMO, the earlier albums were better, but that doesnt mean the newer ones are crap. Theyre only crap by comparison. If This is My Truth..had been their first album, we'd love it.

After all that rambling, i think my point was that the Manics rock. Yeah. And i like having Suicide is Painless and Motown Junk on CD. Instead of crackly bootleg tapes. Yay the manics.
    i think its a good album :)
    Originally posted by *hellie*

damn, i've only got suicide is painless on the tape they did for charity with the other band who i can't remember, and i've got motown junk on a bootleg of richey's last gig at the london astoria

do you actually have the motown junk single? where'd u get it?

sorry that was meant to be my post, i really don't know what happened there.... :eek2:
    I meant I have those two songs on the Forever Delayed CD. No I dont have the singles....if you know whre I can get them from do let me know :)
    PinkFeatherBoa, is your username by any chance a Manics reference?

And yeah who ever said that thet are only COMPARITIVELY crap now compared to their early days is right. The first Manics album I bought was This Is My Truth... as only being 18 now I was like really young when there early stuff was released but have bought it since. So yeah, their current stuff is good its just that with Richey they were better.

Gold Against The Soul just has to be my favourite Manics album although my favourite track might be Small Black Flowers that Grow In The Sky from Everything Must Go. But then choosing a single favourite track is pretty hard. There are so many good one to choose from.
    Originally posted by randomgirl
    PinkFeatherBoa, is your username by any chance a Manics reference?

And yeah who ever said that thet are only COMPARITIVELY crap now compared to their early days is right.

Yeah, it is. I always wear my pink feather boa when going to see the Manics. :D

That was me. I'm always right. People learn to live with it. Lol.
    I loved them..my fave album was Gold against the soul...got into them when the Motown Junk EP was released..Didn't like the one before (New Art Riot)...think they've gone off the boil a bit over the last few years and them on a show a couple of weeks ago doing a medley of their hits was fuckign atrocious

When they started out they were so political and so brilliand and they ruined it all with that fucking god-awful medley. Such a shame because they really meant something to me when they first came out.
    Originally posted by *hellie*

do you actually have the motown junk single? where'd u get it?

I got min from Picadilly Records in Manchester the week it was released but I'm sure there must be copies for sale on the internet...Possibly their best song