Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

MoS @ Dome, NYE 2002

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
so anyone decided on going yet ? DJ line up looking very good, 5 rooms, gonna be a fun NYE ;)

take a quick look here
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ministry of Sound are a ****ing **** and James Palumbo is ****.
    The line up is bad like: Judge Jules, Mauro Picotto, Dave Pearce, Lottie (the only decent DJ) and loads of Garage DJs. Not good, far too commercial. This is where it's at:

WE LOVE..........NYE@LEEDS TOWN HALL 2002/2003

Tickets.........£49 + booking fee

9pm - 9am

ARENA 1

Underworld LIVE
    UNKLE Sounds
    Steve Lawler
    Peace Division
    Yousef

ARENA 2

Pete Tong
    Layo and Bushwacka! LIVE
    X-Press2 LIVE
    Craig Richards
    Circulation
    Erick Morrillo

Chill Out Room

Tom Middleton
    Kruder and Dorfmeister LIVE
    David Holmes

Tickets available from Tuesday (29/10/02) from www.ticketweb.co.uk
    Last NYE Ministry pulled it off big and the DnB room was goin' off.
    I might take a lil wonder and check it out.
    Originally posted by BARTONIOUS
    The line up is bad like: Judge Jules, Mauro Picotto, Dave Pearce, Lottie (the only decent DJ) and loads of Garage DJs. Not good, far too commercial. This is where it's at:

WE LOVE..........NYE@LEEDS TOWN HALL 2002/2003

Tickets.........£49 + booking fee

9pm - 9am

ARENA 1

Underworld LIVE
    UNKLE Sounds
    Steve Lawler
    Peace Division
    Yousef

ARENA 2

Pete Tong
    Layo and Bushwacka! LIVE
    X-Press2 LIVE
    Craig Richards
    Circulation
    Erick Morrillo

Chill Out Room

Tom Middleton
    Kruder and Dorfmeister LIVE
    David Holmes

Tickets available from Tuesday (29/10/02) from www.ticketweb.co.uk

Yousef
    Layo and Bushwacka
    underworld
    Pete Tong

sound pretty good, but i have to go for the Dome, just for the experience, if it turns out sh**e nvm, least i can say i been to see it for myself.
    I wonder how many gigs Judge Joules is playing this NYE last one he played the dome, Gatecrasher, God's kitchen, Slinky ect all of the clubs!!!
    Well I'm sure wherever you go this NYE he'll be on the line at some point
    Originally posted by Diver
    I wonder how many gigs Judge Joules is playing this NYE last one he played the dome, Gatecrasher, God's kitchen, Slinky ect all of the clubs!!!
    Well I'm sure wherever you go this NYE he'll be on the line at some point

God is everywhere, all the time :rolleyes:
    Well I hope Jules keeps his total cheese away from Leeds, his type ain't welcome there, that's for sure!

Dome will be shite, my mate went last year, said it's deadly cold as it's mostly outside, and it's just too big to have any sort of decent atmosphere. Far too commercial. You won't get many real clubbers there, just a lot people that thought going to the Dome for New Year might be quite cool. DON'T MAKE THAT MISTAKE!!! Ministry don't deserve your money anyway, the tossers.

That Leeds line-up is amazing, if you haven't heard UNKLE Sounds Essential Mix then listen to it, it's been nominated as best Essential Mix of the year!! And Steve Lawler's Global Underground - Lights Out is tribal heaven! Craig Richards' Fabic CD as well as his collaberation with Lee Burridge (Tyrant) is brilliant!! Really can't fault the line up! Underworld will probably be on around midnight which will be something else like!!!
    I went to the Dome last NYE and legged it at 1 to catch the last train home. Don't get me wrong - I'm a fookin' hardcore clubber, but it was the worst few hours I've ever spent out!

It has the potential to be a fantastic night but they got everything wrong. It can't have been any warmer than 2 degrees in there (cos they left the every door wide open all night so u could wander in and out easily) and the soundsystem was SO POOR u could have a normal conversation u might have in ur office and hear everyone else's unless u were stood a few feet away from the speakers (which u had no chance of getting anywhere near cos of all the people).

The only room which was semi decent was the D&B room but that's not really my kinda music. And if u wanted a drink..... or to put anything in the cloakroom.... forget it! Mind u, ur coat was essential to stop the hypothermia setting in!

Sorry, don't mind to completely slag it off cos they may well have learnt from their mistakes and improve it this year, but if u do go - be prepared!

Quite disappointed at the NYE line-ups myself. Waiting for Crasher to release details of their night, but if it's unimpressive I reckon it'll be PaSSion in Coalville for me.

COME ON PASSION! :D