Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Jag!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi i'm thinking about getting the contraceptive injection but my boyfriends not too keen on the fact you dont get a period when your on it!!! i'm currently on teh 21 day pill and still using condoms but i've been told by a friend the jag is actually better than the pill is this true??:confused:

Comments

• Options
    The jag? Don't you mean the jab? :confused:

I've never used the injection as a form of contraception cos i've always been happy on the pill.
    I don't think i would go on the injection though because if you have a reaction such as weight gain or mood swings you have to wait for it to work it's way out of you system (which i think is about 3 months but i'm not sure) before you can try another form of it.
    But i'm sure there are alot of ppl on the injection who are very happy with it. I guess it's all up to personal choice. :)
  • Options
    I'm on the injection and have been for two years now, i have periods normally a week or two before my injection is due but obviously most people are different. I've found it very reliable never gained weight or mood swing's or period pains.

Would recomend it but i'd chat to the FPC or your doctor about any worries.
  • Options
    thanks yeah i'll have a chat with the fpc cause my docs not up to much - she wouldnt even put me on the pill as she doesnt believe in it!!! how rediculous (sp) is that!!!!:crazyeyes :shocking:
  • Options
  • Options
    i wouldnt recommend it at all. I know some people get on ok with it, but one of the side effects is depression and loss of sex drive, and I got that really bad. it made me feel so awful, and you never know if you are going to get those side effects until youve had the injection, and then if you do, you have to wait the 3 months till it wears off before you feel normal again. when you are depressed 3 months seems like a lifetime. I have always been fine with the pill so there was no way i could have known the injection would affect me like that. Its a very common side effect too unfortunatly
  • Options
    Originally posted by One of the Nobodies
    The jag? Don't you mean the jab? :confused:

they call them jags in scotland
  • Options
    yeah rainbows right thanks!!!