Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

the wierdest things

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
why is it that when i get high, the wierdest strangest stuff seams to happen???

for example, last weekend i took some mushrooms with a couple of friends and we went for a long walk as you do... we found a skip piled high with rubbish, that had a hat sitting on top!!! ok it wasnt a hat it was like a piece of concrete moulded in the shape of a pointed witches hat kind of thing but it was just sitting perched on top of this skip and it was a hat!

it wasnt a hallucination or anything, it was there! we went back the next day with other people to make sure, and they agreed that yep, it was a skip with a hat on.

i always find stuff like that whenever i get high, so why doesnt stuff like that happen when im sober????? i dont get it.

Comments

• Options
    its what the drugs do 2 ur mind.
  • Options
    Trust me, try going to Erith at 7am after partying for the previous 12 hours on lots of mdma and speed, and while your coming down on that do a tab of cid. Then weird and very scary things start happening. Erith is the nastiest place on earth.
  • Options
    yeah.... i know as well as anyone that the drugs can do wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiierd things to you, scary things.... but im not talking about things that the drugs do....... i get high, and then find stuff that is totally bizarre and surreal that has nothing to do with the drugs. it is just as bizarre and surreal the next day and to anybody else that i show it to afterwards, just i never find anything like that when i am sober, but i dont see why cause its there the whole time...... :confused:

oh well, i dont get it..... maybe its just me!!!!:p
  • Options
    when i get stoned strange stuff seems to happen to me too:

1. me and my mate were v stoned and we happened to walk past thousands of pieces of clothes on the floor [we were behind tescos on a backpath]. we stood for about five mins looking at it to see if we were hallucinating.

2. i was walking along the road [again stoned] and cars stopped coming. everything was silent except i could hear music. it got louder and louder until an old man came past me on a bike with a giant cassete player sticking out of his bag.

3. again stoned, saw a spaceship type thing in the back of a repair garage thing.

4. cant remember 4, will post later

theres a few more i cant properly remember
    glad im not the only one! lol
    Duffy
  • Options
    The weirdest thing that happened to me last night, all of a sudden my body seemed to wiegh 10 tonnes, each eyelids felt like someone was pulling them down. I had a strange urge to eat the entire contents of my fridge. :confused:
  • Options
    In it's altered state, your mind perceives your surroundings differently from the way it normally would.

Simple, really.
  • Options
    argh.... your all misunderstanding the question..... i know the drugs do wierd stuff to your head, and yes, i have seen and experienced many very odd things that are absolutely due to the drugs. but im not talking about those things. when i get stoned and go out somewhere, i always come accross the strangest most bizarre things, that have nothing to do with the drugs. just i dont find stuff like that when im sober. but if i come back the next day, its still there. and anyone else i show it to who is not stoned also thinks its one of the wierdest things they have ever seen. like finding a skip with a hat on, it was actually there, i checked the next day. or when i was spectacularely drunk in the highstreet of a town i have never been before with my friend who has also never been there before and a man came up and started talking to him, (it was the middle of the day so he wasnt drunk too) and thought he knew him he was like "how is work, what you been up to" and just talked at him for about 5 minutes and then goes "i gotta split ill call you some time" and walked off, my friend having never ever seen him before in his life......

stuff like that im talking about, it does actually happen, just it never happens when im sober. but i dont understand why. cause its not drug induced.

ok i think maybe the reason noone understands the question (except duffy) is because this doesnt happen to anybody else..... i guess im the only one then. oh well... :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by octopus of doom
    argh.... your all misunderstanding the question.....

No I'm not.

Your perception of the outside world is altered when under the influence of drugs.

The things were always there, you just don't notice them in your un-altered state of mind.

Like in an optical illusion, if you can't see what's meant to be there, but then someone points it out to you, you can see it.
  • Options
    that happened me before crazyredeyes as well..was in my house and my eyes were being pushed down-was cool feeling and my body was weightless and was had the munchies big time.