Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Pill and missed period

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any advice welcome!
Ive been on the pill for 4 months...the first 2 months i took it without a break, had my period between the 2nd and third month then took third and 4th without a break.My period was due a few days ago but it hasnt come yet.I dont know whether to be worried, i spose im still getting used to it but im thinking maybe im pregnant?i havent really had any signs so i really dont think i am! Its still a possibility though. Is it normal just to miss a period when on the pill? please give me some advice to settle my mind! Thanx :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I only missed them when i was worried or ill otherwise always have them on the pill. Noone can really say, if you are worried do a test its the only way of knowing for sure. A few days is not much though so you could just be late?!
    I thought that they were regular when your on the pill but ive only had the chance to have one.Everyone whos on the pill always say that they come on the same day each time thats why i was wonderin.Maybe i'll leave it a while to see how it goes.Thanx.:)
    Whenever I take two packs back-to-back I always have problems with mine. Mine is only regular when I take the break when you're supposed to.
    If you're really worried about it though take a test. Chances are that you're not but until you set your mind at ease you'll be worried about it no matter what we say.
    Whenever I take two packs back-to-back I always have problems with mine. Mine is only regular when I take the break when you're supposed to.
    If you're really worried about it though take a test. Chances are that you're not but until you set your mind at ease you'll be worried about it no matter what we say.
    Sorry for the double post... I hit the back button and somehow managed to resubmit it... Oops!!!
    Taking pill packs back to back can cause some disruption to your periods...if you are worried you are pregnant, especially if you have been ill (vomiting/ severe diarrhoea) or haven't been taking your pill correctly then it would be wise to take a test, at least to put your mind at rest.

You could also call Brook and see what their advice is:
    Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023

TheSite pill factsheet

Susie :)