Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

UCAS Applications

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
AGGHHHHHHHHHHH mine is driving me mad :mad: :mad:

I've just given it in today for my tutor do to my reference and I've now noticed a sentence that doesn't make any sense in my personal statement so I'm gonna have to go get it back tomorrow and do another one. I have printed off so many statements on that stupid sticker thing already.

My school has only just started sending off the UCAS forms - are we late in doing it because some of my friends at other schools sent theirs off quite a long time ago.
How many of you have already had your forms sent off?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wow! i just locked my UCAS form! Scary thought. :crazyeyes
    The benefit of the EAS is that u can change things very easily! Its soo much easier than doing it by hand. But can cause just as many problems aswell i guess!
  • DomDom Deactivated Posts: 344 The Mix Regular
    Some useful info here on UCAS applications:

Where to go

Application timings

What to write
    Mine's done and handed in for my reference :D

Don't worry, i had to do three 'final' applications - i managed to spell my name wrong on the second one! :rolleyes: I'm such a dunce. Good Luck everyone :)
    Yeah I handed mine in last week..I'm on half-term now. My tutor showed me my reference and she'd been really nice on it but my English teacher was harsh, saying I don't do much in class and lack the confidence for new challenges...excellent! That's really gonna get me into university! And she had the cheek to predict me an A after saying that. Oh well, I'll blame it on her if I don't get any offers...silly witch.
    I'm so glad all this UCAS stuff is done though..it's caused me so much stress. So what's everyone applying to do? I'm applying for Psychology but I'm so worried as it's one of the most popular courses and I've applied to the most popular universities! :(
    I'm applying for computer science or similar subjects, and applying at Liverpool, JMU, Salford and Bolton. - Don't know where else yet.

I'm still working on the form - Had no references yet.
    Originally posted by nealn

I've got three offers back already which is good because I can now begin to concentrate on the year...

Now all I need to do is get the grades:eek:

You've got offers back already! Wow that was soon, I was told they don't start coming through till Easter. So where did you get offers from and what grades do you have to get?

I got that confirmation of my form being received by UCAS the other day so I guess it'll be sent to the universities soon. I keep thinking that I've fillled it in wrong or something! My friend put 01 for the fee code so they think she's paying for the whole thing herself!
    Yeah I hope so. Well done, you got an offer from Leeds, that's one of the places I really want to go. I'm really worried about not getting any offers at all though...:(
    Well I applied to do Psychology at: Bath
    Birmingham
    Exeter
    Leeds
    Nottingham
    Royal Holloway
    They're all really high profile universities I know, but I didn't really see any point in putting down lower ones that I don't really want to go to. If I don't get any offers I'll take a gap year, do something relevant, and apply again the next year.

Anyway they're pretty much all asking for ABB and I have been predicted AAA (:eek: ) which is cool, but one of my subject references isn't too good!
    Yeah..thing is I've never studied Psychology, they only introduced it into my school this year so I was going to do it as an extra AS but the class was full. I do economics, geography and english lit; it was the english lit reference that wasn't too good. I don't know how many schools offer Psychology as a subject.
    Yeah I guess so. Well I did talk a bit about how I have worked with children alot and am interested in educational psychology etc etc. My tutor also wrote that i attended a few AS Psyshology classes in my own time but couldn't do it as an AS due to timetable constraints.
    Couldn't relate everything to Psychology as it's different when I've never studied the subject before! I said I'd read some background about it, then went on to talk about how my current subjects might help. Then I just said about my interests, what I do at school, random work experience I'd done etc. I'm sure other people's personal statements will be alot more relevant to Psychology but I'm hoping they don't rely on the statements too much!
    I have also tried to relate everything i said to psychology about why im interested in forensic and how my subjects help! im worried because im predicted B,B,C and i want to go Manchester which is A,B,B. I really wanna get offer for that and Nottingham which is same :(