Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Eeeek

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Right this is very confusing!

I finished school in June and i decided i wanted to go to college cos i hated school. So after 3 months off i went to college... the atmosphere was horrible and after one day i decided that i wasnt going back. As i wanted qualifications i then decided to apply to my 6th form. I hated school and well it was just the same so after 2 days there i quit.

That was like 2 months ago and im still unemployed. I decided that i'd work full time for like forever but now im kinda backtracking again.

I'd quite like to work this year full time then go to college next september and maybe after that go to university. But im not sure if i can actually stick it. Im worried that i'll do the same thing again and mess everything up. I think a big bit of it is that im still confused about what i want to do later in life.

This isnt really a problem but hey ho!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wouldnt worry, i dont think youre the only one who's unsure of what they want to do.

Why dont you book an appointment with your local careers centre? They can help you sort things and tell you your options
  • Options
    would you enjoy it any more if you did different subjects? Maybe something that interested you more wouldn't be so bad? You don't have to do A Levels, I did a National Diploma (aquivalent to 3 A levels) and still got into Uni.
  • Options
    Your best bet would be to go and speak to a careers advisor and work out all your options. If you're not sure what you want to do you could take the year to decide or choose general subjects that should get you to uni. Your A level choices will not set your life in stone, there are always ways to change it's course. While you are deciding you could always do one A level as an evening class... plus you don't have to do A levels, you could pick a more vocational course instead.

To find your nearest career centre call:
    Careers Services National Association
    Careers centres differ around the country in which services they provide to people. Depending on which company is in charge of your area, The advice may be free to everyone or restricted to certain groups of people.
    Telephone: 01926 318255

Good Luck
    Susie :)
  • Options
    What didnt you like about college?

Im loving college, except for the trip in the morning...

Maybe try a different one ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by eddr
    What didnt you like about college?
    Maybe try a different one ?

or stay for more than a day? you can't decide in one day if it's for you or not
  • Options
    Ive applied for a different one.

SMB one day was enough!