Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Debunk your drug myths here...

Acid;

-Causes you to lose spinal cord fluid - This is just plain rubbish without any basis what so ever in fact.

-Flashbacks are the acid coming back - LSD is boken down quite quickly in the body if you consider this on a medical ground it makes no sense.

Pills;

-MDMA causes holes in your brain - This is based on a report which was released in the US showing brain scans. What the scans are showing is brain activity NOT the phyiscal brain. That and the report was widely seen to be biased and not based on scientific fact

-There is heroin in pills - Heroin is highly inactive oraly so you would have to take a least a gram. So the producers would have to make huge pills which would end up costing them loads more than they could sell them for. It makes no sence.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah, thats right...

when people think they have H in pills its morel likly to be K.... mmm... horse tranq. goodness....

And LSD does stay residing in your fat cells for the best part of your life (the part after you have taken acid :) ), when this fat gets broken down to be used as energy you can get flashbacks, but they are pretty minor by all accounts... The problem is that you don't expect it.
    But the chemical itself does stay with you for a very long time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by cokephreak
    yeah, thats right...

when people think they have H in pills its morel likly to be K.... mmm... horse tranq. goodness....

And LSD does stay residing in your fat cells for the best part of your life (the part after you have taken acid :) ), when this fat gets broken down to be used as energy you can get flashbacks, but they are pretty minor by all accounts... The problem is that you don't expect it.
    But the chemical itself does stay with you for a very long time.
    research 30yrs ago showed that acid had been totaly destroyed within 20mins of ingestion. impossible to find any trace after 20mins. do you know of any modern research that shows differently or are you adding to the myths coke ?
  • Options
    No drug can just stay in your system indefinately, it will be broken down. Plus to produce any type of trip you would have store a similar amount of acid to that taken in your body, which would mean next to none could be broken down.

"LSD is almost entirely metabolized within a day after ingestion. Since the half-life of LSD is only a few hours, only a very small amount of LSD remains even at the end of the trip, and this is excreted in the urine. All traces are undetectable after several days and are certainly gone entirely within a couple of weeks."
    Erowid.org

"LSD is absorbed easily from the gastrointestinal tract, and rapidly reaches a high concentration in the blood. It is circulated throughout the body and, subsequently, to the brain. LSD is metabolized in the liver and is excreted in the urine in about 24 hours."
    DEA

Plus if LSD was stored in your fat cells as a matter of course everyone who took a few trips would experiance a 'flashback' this really isnt the case.
  • Options

research 30yrs ago showed that acid had been totaly destroyed within 20mins of ingestion. impossible to find any trace after 20mins. do you know of any modern research that shows differently or are you adding to the myths coke ?

Ok, for now i'm adding to the myth (unfortunate but true), but i will try and find something a little more solid about it staying in your system (other than hair)...

*runs to library*
  • Options
    lol
    First thing i found... Not any good for "debunking (or proving) the myth.. but made me think, none the less...
    QUOTEQuoted without permission from 'Licit and Illicit Drugs,' written by Edward M. Brecher and the editors of Consumer Reports. ISBN: 0-316-15340-0

A simple explanation of LSD flashbacks, and of their changed character after 1967, is available. According to this theory, almost everybody suffers flashbacks with or without LSD. Any intense emotional experience--the death of a loved one, the moment of discovery that one is in love, the moment of an automobile smashup or of a narrow escape from a smashup--may subsequently and unexpectedly return vividly to consciousness weeks or months later. Since the LSD trip is often an intense emotional experience, it is hardly surprising that it may similarly "flash back."

"Post-traumatic stress disorder has been commonly associated with war veterans, but it also affects victims of disasters and violence... Experts estimate that 1% of the population suffers from the disorder."
    ---LA Times, Feb 18 1992, p A3, "Journey For Better Life Hell For Some Women."
  • Options
    hmmm....

OK, i'm nearly satisfied....

If i find one more source you've got an appology from me...

SNIP
    MYTHS:

LSD does not form "crystals" that reside in the body to be "dislodged" later, causing flashbacks. LSD is a crystalline solid (though it is unlikely that one would ever have enough to be visible to the naked eye) but it is easily water soluble, thus cannot form bodily deposits. Furthermore, it is metabolized and excreted in hours. The bogus "loosened crystal" description in not necessary to explain flashbacks, which are psychological phenomena

/snip
  • Options
    Damn it!!!!

Even the DEA site doesn't support my claims... thats not even funny.

Well, theres only 1 thing left to do... go back and edit the orginal post. :)

ah well, at least next time i claim i can admit i'm wrong i'll have something to show them.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Weed dipped in acid

The amount of times I've had people tell me that they've smoked weed dipped in acid is stupid. This myth is similar to the myth about H in pills. Not only can you not smoke acid, you wouldn't find dealers doing it because it doesn't make any economic sense.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by cokephreak
    Damn it!!!!

Even the DEA site doesn't support my claims... thats not even funny.

Well, theres only 1 thing left to do... go back and edit the orginal post. :)

ah well, at least next time i claim i can admit i'm wrong i'll have something to show them.
    LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO. good on yer coke for being a determined fucker..............hard luck. i'm not going back to look see if you edited it or not.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    Weed dipped in acid

The amount of times I've had people tell me that they've smoked weed dipped in acid is stupid. This myth is similar to the myth about H in pills. Not only can you not smoke acid, you wouldn't find dealers doing it because it doesn't make any economic sense.

yeah but you can get weed thats been dipped in PCP cant ya
    iv heard countless people say theyve smoked acid, are they all on about PCP do you reckon?

Duffy
  • Options
    yea a few people have told me that they smoked dope dipped in acid and made him trip for a bit.dunno if this is bullshit though?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    yea a few people have told me that they smoked dope dipped in acid and made him trip for a bit.dunno if this is bullshit though?
    more likely D.M.T used to be known as the lunch time trip in the 70's...powerfull but i found it to freaky.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

more likely D.M.T used to be known as the lunch time trip in the 70's...powerfull but i found it to freaky.

Is that not fucking impossible to get a hold of now though?

If so, seems a bit unlikely they're gonna dip dope in it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by duffy_2k

yeah but you can get weed thats been dipped in PCP cant ya
    iv heard countless people say theyve smoked acid, are they all on about PCP do you reckon?

Duffy

PCP is a chemical quite simialar to ketamine, can you smoke ketamine? ...I don't know but I find the story unlikely.

Many dealers will invent cock and bull stories such as this to help them sell their shit!
    Originally posted by Shogun2002

You can't smoke acid. LSD isn't the most stable of substances and the heat from a flame or cherry would break it down. Same goes for psyclobin mushrooms. No matter what people say you cannot smoke them.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo

I have to say it's got to be one of the most intense things I have ever tried. Some of my mates made some of this shit last year with a view to selling it. They spent weeks making it and 90% of the time what they made didn't even work, too be honest I don't really thinks it's worth the effort.

I like tripping out but this was someting else, I don't really have an urge to do it ever again. As for smoking it - it felt like I was inhaling shards of glass!

Horrible nasty shit but worth trying just the once!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo

If so, seems a bit unlikely they're gonna dip dope in it.
    dimethyltriptomine ithink it's claaed. easy to make if you know howbut not popular as it's to ..you knowf reaky.
  • Options
    Re: Debunk your drug myths here...
    Originally posted by bongbudda

-There is heroin in pills - Heroin is highly inactive oraly so you would have to take a least a gram. So the producers would have to make huge pills which would end up costing them loads more than they could sell them for. It makes no sence.

my mate tryed to tell me once speckled pills had heroin in,

WHAT BOLLOX:crazyeyes
  • Options
    As for soaked weed to be honest your best bet these days would be a weak K solution. that would both work and be trippy.

Its very unlikely to be PCP because the advent of Ket its really hard to get, even if you really wanted to. My dealer mate has a love hate relationship with PCP when he can get it, which is very rarely. He described it as;
    "Like doing the strongest trip ever and then smoking a lot of rocks...its the only shit that scares me"

DMT is about, its not actualy that rare, well not in London anyway, they used to sell it in the Drome quite a lot. I would say its quite unlikely the be the stuff you would spike weed with, mainly because of its cost. That and you have to only heat DMT not burn it, so you'd loose a lot of the stuff.