Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Girls help.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi i posted in a q the other day an was talkin bout how i coodn't use tampons.
I took ppls advice and tryed a mirror.
But the thing is there is defenatly no hole 2 be seen.
I relax etc...
It is jus fleshy stuff an it aint like an odvious hole.
It aint all smooth lol an like the pictures!
It is v.embarrsing it jus fleshy an bits of skin sort of.
Hard 2 explain.
Is there sumthing wrong with my?
It has bits that stick out an things an it aint as if i can find a hole.
I just getting worried.
If i cant find it or open it up.
How wood a guy manage?
Pls answer both my strange q!
I just duno what it is suppose 2 be like.
It is causing me 2 feel v.low an i just want it sorted.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello,

People gave you good advice the other day. You probably won't see a big hole when you look in the mirror, that's normal. If you're still confused, why not give Brook Advisory service a ring. You can have a confidential chat with them and they can explain anything that you don't understand.

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023

They have trained advisors who can help you out.
    If you've got your period, there's gotta be a hole. Don't worry about it and go to your doctor or a sexual health or women's clinic and they'll be able to help you
    Hey angel,
    I read your last thread and it sounds to me like you are really getting a bit 'tense' about this. When people said to look in a mirror to help you see what you were doing, they didnt mean you were going to find a hole like the blackwell tunnel (unless you have had kids :D ) Only joking. You really need to RELAX i struggled when i first started my periods and preffered to use sanitry towels to tampons.
    None of this period buisness is clean and hygenic no matter how much you try every now and again you have to get your hands dirty, sorry to sound grafic but im sure most girls will agree with me.

It may be a better idea to use some towels until your period has finished then have another go finding it.
    Please dont worry about a bloke finding it there like weasels to a borrow.
    Hiya.
    dont worry, i rememba when i started using tampons, i cudnt find much of a hole really! and wen i did it wasnt very big.
    As said above u need to relax, if u dont relax u wont find anything..trust me i kno.
    g'luck wiv it all.
    s_m_b
    Originally posted by laser
    If you've got your period, there's gotta be a hole.

Good point. HEHE.

Just move your finger around till you find it? I don't know. Maybe lube up first?
    I don't think there is an obvious hole, and it pretty much is fleshy skin down there.....:)
    As Lizzafins said you could try using your finger to 'explore' or how ever you want to put it.
    I know I had a few years of using sanitary towels before I went on to tampons and even when I did I had a few troubles to start with.

Wait till your period has finished and then play around a bit more. Eventualy you will find it. Hidden beneath those bits of flesh most probably.

Even these days I still find that when I'm on my period the hole tightens up so just wait, relax and remember you will be perfectly normal. Your still young don't worry about it.:)
    hiya. dont woz about it!
    try usin a mirror n see where the blood is directly comin from - then u will know where the hole is !
    Just get some KY jelly from any big store or a Chemist shop. It comes in a tube in a box like toothpaste. It is in the medicine section, usually near the condoms(!)
    This will lubricate things for getting your first tampon in.
    Also, are you pointing it in the right direction? Its gotta go towards the small of your back, not straight up!
    Try lying on your back to try it. That way you will be able to relax more.
    You can also try stretching your hymen in the bath, once you have found where the hole is. The hole is probably very small and needs stretching. Best of luck!