Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Blood test

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have to have a blood test tomorrow morning .... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Its linked, for those of you who know about it, to my fainting during periods thing.... apparantly my doctor at home gave me completely the wrong tablets - typical bloke!

I hate the fact that they make me feel so weak and helpless. I hate the fact that I faint when I have them. And I kinda hate the doctor who's making me have one - after all the problem is linked with my low blood pressure, which will only be aggravated by having to have blood taken. But I suppose she knows what she's doing!

*needs a hug

Comments

• Options
    I found this helps eating a chocolate bar before your blood test and while you are actually having the blood taken concentrate on something else in the room it could be the wall or anything, or if you are that scared like me take someone with you and hold on to him or her like I did. I took my mum and I was fine.

They do know what they are doing, they have people who are nervous a lot.
  • Options
    *hugs*

Good luck hun :)
  • Options
    *hugs* Hope it goes well, I'm sure you'll be fine. They're not that bad I suppose, just don't look and try and think about something else while they're doing it. Hope it goes well for you and hope they manage to sort your problem out. Love CL xxxx.