Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Girls only!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Problem: I used a tampon today, okay no problem. but going to change it, it really hurt to take it out. sorry to gross you out now but it kinda looked like part of 'me' was caught on it! :blush: :eek2: Im not sure if when you start to use a tampon, part of your skin is meant to break or nething but im a bit confused...any help? :crazyeyes

Comments

• Options
    PHEW :yes: problem solved :blush: but i spose im just tlkin to myself because no one replied! :crying:
  • Options
    Well it did say girls only :p
  • Options
    True...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Sorry but now im going to ask another question now! When you start to use a tampon, your hymen is meant to break?! But what actually happens, i've been reading up on it on a site suggested by lil kazzy but it didnt say what actually hppens when it breaks!

Will be very gratefull for any replies! :lol:
  • Options
    Re: Girls only!
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    Problem: I used a tampon today, okay no problem. but going to change it, it really hurt to take it out. sorry to gross you out now but it kinda looked like part of 'me' was caught on it! :blush: :eek2: Im not sure if when you start to use a tampon, part of your skin is meant to break or nething but im a bit confused...any help? :crazyeyes

It's normal for some to start to shed uterine lining (skin) at a young age but if it happens too often see your GP. But I really wouldn't worry about it. Before you get into a panic about blood clots these are also normal and can be quite large.

The hymen can break without you even noticing it, especially if you've lead an active lifestyle of bike riding, horse riding, etc... Tampons won't normally break it but if it is already thin it just might happen and you'll probably feel just a minor sting.