Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Penis Size: What's big, what's small, and how do you measure them?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just been reading this thread by onenatcons asking the girls about whether size matters.

I'm just wondering what you consider big or small. And how do you measure them. I don't necessarily mean with a tape measure or ruler, but how do you estimate/judge them - ie, where are you measuring from (whether physically, or estimating by eye)?
It's just that when some of you talk about, for example) a six inch penis, how do you know you're both talking about the same size? If you're both measuring/estimating from a different point, then you could be talking about a significant difference.

Personally I thought it was measured along the top, from where it meets your body. However, some people measure it from the pubic bone (by pushing in to the skin), and some measure from the side or underside. All will give different lenghts.

Mr_Wobble ;)

Comments

• Options
    You measure it by whatever way makes your dick look bigger!;)

No, I've always done it by
    Personally I thought it was measured along the top, from where it meets your body.

that way.
  • Options
    I dunnnnnnnnno small is below 6 inches i'd say :chin:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *~Kitty~*
    I dunnnnnnnnno small is below 6 inches i'd say :chin:
    But how do you judge 6 inches? Which part towards the root do you measure from?

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble

Mr_Wobble ;)

I have no idea *has forgotton what one even looks like never mind where you measure from* :crying:
  • Options

Mr_Wobble ;)

Girls don't, From what I can tell they guess, and Women and estimating don't go well

I wont go into detail but er, one girl estimated me from when she saw it and got it wrong (I was happy, but she couldn't guess for shit) and I don't think she was lying (She had no reason and plus she was bitch)
  • Options
    I think your meant to measure from the pubic bone (i presume by pushing in the bit of skin above the penis till you get near the bone) along the shaft to the tip.

But i have never done this (being female!) and saw that on a tv programme a while ago.

:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Scorpion
    I think your meant to measure from the pubic bone (i presume by pushing in the bit of skin above the penis till you get near the bone) along the shaft to the tip.

But i have never done this (being female!) and saw that on a tv programme a while ago.
    I remember seeing that programme a couple of weeks ago. If I remember correctly, the end of the ruler is pushed against the pubic bone while the flacid (take note - flacid, not erect) penis is stretched out, then measured. I thought that was an odd way to measure it, so naturally, like 99.9% of all blokes who watched the programme too, I gave it a go. The result was quite flattering! :D:naughty: I always thought it was supposed to be measured erect.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I read somewhere that the average dick size was six inches. The mean girth was something like 5 inches. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless

Girls don't, From what I can tell they guess, and Women and estimating don't go well

Honestly, I do measure =/

I know that my hand span is exactly 8 inches, so I can tell pretty easily from that :)

(Scared ya all there, didn't I :p)
  • Options
    Re: Penis Size: What's big, what's small, and how do you measure them?
    And how do you measure them.

I just stick it in, and if she starts choking I assume it's big enough.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Penis Size: What's big, what's small, and how do you measure them?
    Originally posted by Mist

I just stick it in, and if she starts choking I assume it's big enough.

lmao :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by onenatcons
    The mean girth was something like 5 inches. :)

A girth of 5 inches? You mean 5 inches in diameter (even though a penis isnt circle). That would kill someone
  • Options
    Yep 5 inches in girth as in measured around the fattest point of the shaft. My girth is over 6 inches.

I won't give a set figure....

42 Cubic Inches and proud ;)

Girls can't estimate for shit though. One girl I went with guessed I have a 9 incher. I can't safely say it isn't. Although because its fat maybe that gives off the impression. Also, you have things ot take into consideration like fat around the abs and pubic hair.

The stretch test wobble mentions is a useful way of measuring, but it assumes your penis when erect is the same as when flaccid and stretched. I personally can't stretch my flaccid penis as far as it goes when erect.
  • Options
    Ive read that the medical way of measuring is underneath from the base of the penis to the end when erect.
  • Options
    I'd say the most accurate way of doing it would be to do it erect. Pah I don't care how you get there, heh, and measure from the top where it joins the body to the end. Come on, who could argue with that?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bomberman444
    Ive read that the medical way of measuring is underneath from the base of the penis to the end when erect.
    Bloody hell! Talk about flattery. That'd make me a mutant size! I can imagine it now - "Brace yerself love!" lol :D That can't be right.

This is what I'm trying to get at. How do you measure it, and where from. Because you can get half a dozen different results depending on how you do it!

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Basically, every guy is different.
    But as far as I am aware, & I have read up on this, as it is a subject matter that interests me (don't know why), the average length (which I always thought was the erect measurement), was between 5.5 & 6 ins, for the average height guy.
    So obviously taller men will probably have bigger willies, & shorter guys will be consequently smaller.
    But just as some short girls can have huge "Tits", then some shorter guys can have proportionately bigger willies, & the reverse can obviously be the case with tall guys.
    As long as one is in proportion, i think that is all that matters.
    But like all guys, although I'm happy with my little friend, I wouldn't have minded a little extra.
    BTW, I always thought, that the measurement was taken along the top, from the base where it connects with the body, to the tip, when erect.

BTW, Mr Wobble, why do you need to know this ?
    Just thought I'd ask.
    Anyway, how big is yours ?

*I think I will stop now*
    :cool: ;) :cool:
  • Options
    Personally, I find out if if it's big enough when I go down under ;)

I'm not too bothered about how many inches it is exactly, as long as it's *big enough* ;)
  • Options
    But how big is big enough :p
  • Options
    Whomever was talking about a 5 inch wide penis just scared me coz mine is only about 2.5 wide and i've been told by girls that its a tight squeeze.

Length is 6inches and a bit although depends sometimes looks smaller sometimes looks bigger.

:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ghostface Killa
    Whomever was talking about a 5 inch wide penis

I think they mean all the way round.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Deeeeb

I think they mean all the way round.

As in circumfirance, thats fuck'n tiny :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ghostface Killa

As in circumfirance, thats fuck'n tiny :)

Well it would be to us members of the meat club.

But 5 all the way round is the average.

My girth has been compared by a girl to a can of fosters, although in reality probably more like the old style sure deodrant (the shorter fatter can).
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sir Cum

Well it would be to us members of the meat club.

But 5 all the way round is the average.

My girth has been compared by a girl to a can of fosters, although in reality probably more like the old style sure deodrant (the shorter fatter can).

Mr Cum :)

5 inches from one side all the way up to head around and down other side.

Or ...... ahhhhhh so 5 inches isn't actually small when I think of it the other way (') as opposed to => !

Feel silly now ! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    hehehe yeh not up one side and down the other ;)

I guess you just wrap a tape measure around the shaft, in the same way you might wrap it in a bow for your girlfriends birthday if money is tight.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sir Cum
    hehehe yeh not up one side and down the other ;)

I guess you just wrap a tape measure around the shaft, in the same way you might wrap it in a bow for your girlfriends birthday if money is tight.

The only bow she'll get off me is bow legged after I f*ck her to death !!! :lol:
  • Options
    Length is 6inches and a bit although depends sometimes looks smaller sometimes looks bigger.

Something you have obviously examined ;)

Not too big, not too small. Average tend to be the best, reach the right spot everytime.

Slept with one guy on holiday who had a huge willy, hurt a little bit to be honest, especially on top. Which is one of my favourite positons.... can always make myself cum doing that. But this just wasn't nice. Maybe a little too much info there. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by disco balls

Something you have obviously examined ;)

Not too big, not too small. Average tend to be the best, reach the right spot everytime.

Slept with one guy on holiday who had a huge willy, hurt a little bit to be honest, especially on top. Which is one of my favourite positons.... can always make myself cum doing that. But this just wasn't nice. Maybe a little too much info there. :D

Hey mine is lovely :crying:
  • Options
    Hey mine is lovely

I'm sure it is.
  • Options
    Originally posted by disco balls

I'm sure it is.

You know it is !!!

Open up *airplane noises* for dada :)