Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Any ideas anyone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Over the last few months, I've got totally fed up with my job, to the point where I dread going in everyday, nothing to do with my workmates, I regard 2 of them as my best friends now, it's just the job getting to me. Anyway, Im off work sick at the moment with a slipped disc in my back. I cant help thinking tho thats this is a blessing in disguise cos it's getting me time away from work.

Anyway, the problem is, since I've been off work I havent been able to do anything cos of the pain my back is giving me, which is to be expected. But now the pain isnt as bad, I still havent been doing anything, Im not being lazy, I just dont see the point in tidying the flat up, for my boyfriend to come home and mess it up again. I just dont see the point in a lot of things anymore, like getting dressed, I've been in my pyjamas all day again 2day. The doctor said light exercise would help my back but I dont want to go out. Last night my boyfriend wanted me to go with him to the pub to meet his best friend and his new girlfriend, I didnt want to go and made a big deal about him going out and leaving me on my own. Im being a total bitch and Im really irritable and I dont know why. My boyfriend is being brilliant to me which is making me feel worse for the way Im treating him cos he just doesnt deserve it.

Im seeing the doctor again tomorrow about my back, do you think I should tell her about the other stuff going on with me too? I dont want her to think that Im just faking it though to get time off work (which Im not doing by the way!).

Thanx in advance to anyone who replies :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's probs a good chance for you to search for another job if the one you're doing is really crap.

Its the only time when you're going to have alot of time off work, so you might as well.

If you tell the doctor about the stress you get at work, that can actually affect your mood and your body, so he or she will probs be wuite sympathetic with you...so you should discuss that as well.
    Thanx for replying Strawberry :)

I have been looking for a new job for the last few weeks, I've had 2 rejections from ones I applied for so I spose thats added to my problems aswell. I think I've just kinda got some confidence issues going on with me just now aswell as pretty low self esteem. I'll have a chat with my doc and see what she's got to say.
    Whats your job title?
    Originally posted by sachmo
    Whats your job title?
    I dont have a job title anymore, Im training to be a section manager in a supermarket which means Im working here, there and everywhere taking shit from all directions :(
    ohh I see..... I bet thats tough :rolleyes:
    You should mention to the doc about your lack of energy and enthusiasm and also mention to him about your job getting you down.

Your enthusiasm to do things may have deteriated because you have had time to sit and think about work due to your back.

You should set yourself a few little task's everyday even if it dosent seem that important.
    Even silly things like turning the tv over manualy. My sister has just slipped a disc and this is what her doc recomended.

As for your job there's no time like the present to look for another.:D
    ohh I see..... I bet thats tough :rolleyes:
    If you dont have anything useful to say then keep your fucking mouth shut
    Errr.....What happened there?
    I would guess that it's not unusual for you to be feeling a bit down and grumpy....I mean, I'd guess that you're still in quite a bit of pain, even if you're better that you were, and pain can cause people to feel depressed and irritated with other people etc. I have suspected arthritis, and I know that if I'm feeling really sore, I get really grumpy and snappy and irrational with the people around me!
    Maybe you could have a chat with your boyfriend and just explain how you're feeling, so that he understands the situation?
    Good luck xxx ;)
    Thanx to everyone who replied.

I went to the doctors 2nite and I've been signed off for another 2 weeks. She asked me if there was anything else bothering me so I told her how I'd been lately and talking about it with her kinda helped I spose. I've decided that Im going to use these 2 weeks off to really look for a new job, I know thats the main cause of my problems. I had to take my sick line in to work on the way home and my boyfriend said my mood had changed totally once I'd been there, just goes to show some people can be allergic to work!

Im going to make a real effort with my boyfriend, he doesnt deserve me treating him like this. Im even going to watch the Matrix with him, and thats me making a BIG effort cos I hate that film!
    Hehehe how can you hate The Matrix??? :eek:

Hope you feel better soon. :)
    Originally posted by Shukes
    Hehehe how can you hate The Matrix??? :eek:
    Cos Im a girl :p

Thanx for the feeling better soon bit Shukey :)
    glittery I think you took my reply the wrong way, sorry :(
    Originally posted by glittery_vodka
    Cos Im a girl :p

Thanx for the feeling better soon bit Shukey :)

But I know loads of girls who love The Matrix! :p And don't call me Shukey, hehe :p
    And don't call me Shukey, hehe :p
    I like it, It rhymes with Pukey :p
    Meanie! :p I'm not pukey at all, I'm very huggable and bunny like! :p

I'll forgive you though :p
    Aww pukey, wukey, snukey Shukey :D
    glittery I think you took my reply the wrong way, sorry :(
    Yeah I think I must've, it was the :rolleyes: that did it, like you were taking the piss
    Originally posted by glittery_vodka
    Aww pukey, wukey, snukey Shukey :D

Hehe no, I'm not pukey at all, nothing more than wuverly and huggable me! :p hehehe :D
    Hehe no, I'm not pukey at all, nothing more than wuverly and huggable me! :p hehehe :D
    tee hee, Im sure you are but wuverly, huggable Shukey doesnt quite have the same ring to it now does it. From now on Im going to call you Pukey Shukey :p
    Hehe awwwwwww you meanie, it's not that bad though I suppose, but I would have prefered Shukesy Wukesy Schnooookums, hehehe :p
    Hehe awwwwwww you meanie, it's not that bad though I suppose, but I would have prefered Shukesy Wukesy Schnooookums, hehehe :p
    Ach you love it really! Nitey nite Pukey Shukey :D
    But I'm not pukey, I'm lovely! :D
    Dunno if you got your problem sorted, but have you thought about looking for a new job?
    Originally posted by Faith
    Dunno if you got your problem sorted, but have you thought about looking for a new job?
    I've been looking for a new job for a few months now and I've had a couple of rejections which I think has played a huge part in the way I've been feeling lately. I saw the doctor on Friday and talking to her about things has helped me a bit. My back pain is getting better day by day and Im not taking things out on my boyfriend now. Think I justed needed to get things off my chest which was what I did with the doctor and talking about it on here.