Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

how do i tell my new bf i have an STI?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right, during the summer some dick head lied about using a condom when we were about to have sex and soon after i found out i had herpes (from symptoms) and i didn't see anyone for a while until this guy who i knew b4 the inncident, i tried not to get involved with him because i felt he'd want to get to close and now we are, how do i tell him exactly?!?

he's still a virgin and i dont want to be his first although he wants it that way but he doesn't know about my prob, and please can you guys tell me what would you do if a girl you were seeing on and off for 6 months told you she had an STI (sexually transmitted infection)?
any advice would be really appreciated.
thanx
luv xax

Comments

• Options
    I'd want you to be honest for a start.

then i'd help ya find out what to get to make it better etc.

To me, honesty deserves support!
    ________
    Mr Nice Guy Dispensary Llc. Az
  • Options
    I agree with stuhilpert, be honest, if he really cares for you then he'll understand and support you.
  • Options
    Is Herpes one of those STI which never go ever completely? That's a nasty one. Poor you. :(

There's no need to feel bad about it - at least you went and got treated. A lot of people don't bother! :eek:

1 in 3 people are infected with Chlamydia. 1 in 3!!!!! :eek2: :(

It's best to just be upfront about it, because there's no point in lying. It's just one of those things that happen sometimes, and we all learn by our mistakes.

:hug:
  • Options
    Re: how do i tell my new bf i have an STI?
    Originally posted by *sugar*
    some dick head lied about using a condom when we were about to have sex and
    Erm, couldn't you have perhaps glanced down and seen he was lying?

Ok, moral lesson aside! (:))

You must use the right words with your boyfriend otherwise he could get suspicious and think that you have been sleeping around whilst going out with him, so make sure you explain that what happened was before you started going out.

If you only see each other on and off do you really trust him to know, and not tell people? Make sureyou can trust him, perhaps broach the subject with him first to see what he thinks?

Is there anyway you can allow it to clear up first and perhaps you won't have to tell him?
  • Options
    A friend of mine got herpes. It's apparently very distressing. If you don't mind me asking, did you get it treated? My friend was on antibiotics and was told it could re-occur at any time..

I think it's hard to tell someone this as it might put them off, but if it's treated there should be no need to tell them unless it re-occurs.
  • Options
    STI's generally are such a nightmare now. I wouldn't go on the pill with a partner until he's been down the GUM clinic to get tested for EVERYTHING and anything.

:nervous:
  • Options
    just make sure you always use condoms, and never have sexual contact during an outbreak. thats one of the risks you take with having unprotected sex, apparently though, in time, the outbreaks get less and less frequent, but it will always be there dormant so you need to be extra careful. To be honest if it was me, I think someone having herpes would put me off a bit, but if hes keen on you and you are careful then it might not make too mch difference.