Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I guess, its just if you feel guilty about something, it really eats away at you.
    anyway, thats made me feel better.
    wont bring it up again.
  • Options
    I guess, its just if you feel guilty about something, it really eats away at you.

Thats way you work through it, work out what you did and why, and if theres anything you can do to make it better. Or distract yourself so you dont end up going mad over it.
  • Options
    Stupid Double post
  • Options
    Stupid triple post. Although if anyone wants to give me a hug I do with one at the moment.
  • Options
    *hug*
    chin up.
    you wanna sound off, feel free to message me
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    piccolo wrote:
    I haven't slept properly in weeks.

I can assosicate with that at least.

Hope you're alright :)
  • Options
    Hope you are feeling better Kate xxx
  • Options
    *sigh*

I really think I need to leave here. I can tell that I'm not really welcome here anymore, and I don't think its doing me any good.

I'm just so utterly fed up. I spent all that time and money and energy getting better, for this? My shitey job, my shitey wages, my shitey social life. The only thing keeping me going is that I'm always too knackered to think about it.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I can tell that I'm not really welcome here anymore

Why do you think that?
  • Options
    Various reasons, just a hint that I keep feeling I should listen to.
  • Options
    I haven't seen any hints that you should go.
    come on stay, you help lots of people. :)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Various reasons, just a hint that I keep feeling I should listen to.

If you're not enjoying posting on here then I reckon you should take a break. Even if it's just a week.

This place does get to you. All internet forums do. But you can't let the fuckers scare you off. You're one of the better posters on here. And if there are people hinting that you should leave, I'd hazard a guess that they're seated quite firmly in the moron section.

You are welcome here. Every bugger is. That's how this place works.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I can tell that I'm not really welcome here anymore

Well you can come across a bit blunt and rude, like i can, but you're a very intelligent person. You have a wide range of life skills and social knowledge, especially in conjuction with GWST. You make some very interesting and thought provoking threads and you do have the courage of your convictions, which is really saying a lot these days.

I personally think this place would be for the worse without someone like you.
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    This place does get to you.

Indeed, especially when you give good advice and get slagged off in thanks for it.
  • Options
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I can tell that I'm not really welcome here anymore, and I don't think its doing me any good.

How come? Your a god round here. Anyways, things will pick up, it's not a matter of getting better for having a shit job, would you rather be depressed and have a shitty job and social life or just have a shitty job and social life. I know which one I'd pick.
  • Options
  • Options
    I suppose I come across as being very critical of things because I am, but the person I'm most brutally critical of is me.

Hey ho.
  • Options
    everyones like that. I think theres a line of self improvement critisism and self destructive critisism.
  • Options
  • Options
    It's definitely mostly self-destructive criticism, it always has been. My trouble is that really I'm a perfectionist but I know I'm not able enough to get that, so I don't bother at all. It's a constant problem, and its the main reason why I came out of uni with quite a poor degree.
  • Options
    why do you think your not able enough?

I don't really believe in perfection, theres no real such thing but in a sense perfection is when you just want things done right and when they don't go right, you feel like absolute shit.

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself (its cheesy) but no body's perfect.
    what degree did you study? (just out of interest)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It's definitely mostly self-destructive criticism, it always has been. My trouble is that really I'm a perfectionist but I know I'm not able enough to get that, so I don't bother at all.

I know that feeling. Kermy you can't leave, I simply won't allow it. ***huggles***
    On a serious note, chin up its christmas :p
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    *sigh*

I really think I need to leave here. I can tell that I'm not really welcome here anymore, and I don't think its doing me any good.

I'm just so utterly fed up. I spent all that time and money and energy getting better, for this? My shitey job, my shitey wages, my shitey social life. The only thing keeping me going is that I'm always too knackered to think about it.
    dya know what kermit.. you can come across as a right arrogant prick at times but this place would not be the same without you. your posts are very intelligent and interesting and i will always read what you have to say and enjoy it. you give some brilliant advice so i don't know why you think you're not welcome here when you're blatantly adored by so many. its only when i come into this thread that i see a different side to people. that is the trouble with the internet, you can come across as a certain way but in reality you may be very different.

also, i know how it feels to feel like you're in a shit job when you're worth so much more. but alas that is life and when you're first starting out in your career it will take a while to work your way up and find a job that you know you are worth and also enjoy. and you will get there just keep your chin up :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
  • Options
    The big problem is that I probably set myself unrealistic goals, and then feel unhappy when I don't match them. My job's isn't great, and my pay is worse, but even at the bottom I probably earn more than many people 20 years my senior would. Between us we can afford to buy a house and run it, and run it in comfort too. I don't really have any right to feel frustrated and unhappy.

I did a law degree and got a 2.2, mostly because I had a nervous breakdown during my final year (one of many during my time at uni). It stops me going for most of the graduate jobs, but in reality I don't think I'd get a job like that anyway. Too many people are better than me.

It's strange how arrogance and insecurity look the same, isn't it?
  • Options
    Kermit, If you don't try for those jobs then of course you wont get them. You're an intelligent guy and no matter what your degree results were that will show through. A 2.2 is a decent mark anyway. I was told I'd never pass my highers, let alone get into uni. I barely scraped past my degree but I got it. You could have a first class masters degree and still get nowhere if you don't have the confidence in yourself or you could be the most confident guy on earth with a barely passed bachelors and go straight to the top. Yes, people may be better than you. Whatever you do in life there will always be someone that does it better but that doesn't mean you wont get anywhere!
    Of course you have the right to feel frustrated and unhappy, everyone wants to better themselves, just some people don't feel they can or don't know how to go about it.
    BTW, Merry Christmas, dude, and thanks for all the advice over the years :) *hug*
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I suppose I come across as being very critical of things because I am.

Which isn't always a bad thing.
  • Options
    Lolzabeth wrote:
    Kermit, If you don't try for those jobs then of course you wont get them. You're an intelligent guy and no matter what your degree results were that will show through.

Nah, when there are 50-60 applications for each position (as there are for the training contracts for the firm I work for) then it doesn't work like that. 2.2s go straight in the bin- why would they care about why I didn't get the 2.1 I should have done? Especially as the reasons show an inability to cope with pressure.

I wouldn't get them anyway and I'm not in the business of humiliating myself:)
  • Options
    I'm so stressed and I think I might have a SH related infection but I don't know how to deal with it.