Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    your-babe wrote:
    *Hugs*. Sorry to hear that.

Think I may see Additional Support 2moro. Don't want to slide anymore downhill, partly because I know what I'm capable of. Which is shit scary really.

Not sure if I can see them again though. I thought I didn't need them anymore. I thought I could get out of it on my own after their little push as it were. Shit.

Don't think I'll be touching drink when I'm on my own again in a long while. When I'm out drinking with friends/boyf I'm fine. When I'm on my own- I turn into the mess which some of my posts reflect. Also have had terrible stomach cramps as a result 2day. Not pleasant. My stupid fault though.

*Hugs* Hello, hun. Thats the problem with drink, it brings out your inner feelings that you otherwise ignore/hide. Just ignore Nuts/Zoo whatever, the girls are all airbrushed faked tititted fantasy models. Dont be afraid about going to see additional support if you think that it will help you get back on track again, there is nothing wrong with asking for help. I really dont know what else to say.
  • Options
    *Hugs* Hello, hun. Thats the problem with drink, it brings out your inner feelings that you otherwise ignore/hide. Just ignore Nuts/Zoo whatever, the girls are all airbrushed faked tititted fantasy models. Dont be afraid about going to see additional support if you think that it will help you get back on track again, there is nothing wrong with asking for help. I really dont know what else to say.
    Cheers for your reply. I hav learnt from that night- and will not be drinking on my own again in a long while hopefully. Got myself all prepared to see Additional Support today- but bottled out. May go tomorrow. Still not feeling too good. Have too much on my mind at the mo. May start taking Kalms again, but not sure, as don't wanna become reliant on a de-stressing tablet.

Am a bit worried thou, a nurse from my practice rang me today, I mean, the only reason she would ring me is about my smear results. She wouldn't call me bout my mental health- cos I see someone different about that. Will try and see her tomorrow thou, as college is next door literally to thhe practice.

Haven't really had a good day tbh. My Dad may be made redundant. Pete may be handing in his notice. My Nan has a DVT possibly, but we don't know where until she has the scan 2moro. And all I can think of is a pair of scissors. Bollocks.
  • Options
    edited: sorry.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    edited: sorry.
    Don't be sorry for anything you say on this thread. Seriously hun, PM me if u wanna chat any time.

Not too good yet again. Will see Additional Support today. Can't really go on like this.

Saw the nurse this morning, so that's been sorted out. Wasn't what I was expecting re: Smear results either, so I'm happy ish.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Never thought if that. JUst they look so good.

Of course they do.

They have Photoshop and aren't afraid to use it.

Fuck, I could look good if they took a picture of me:)

But yeah, its hard to rationalise that when you're feeling jealous and panicky and like utter shit. There's no shame in getting sad about the pictures, its normal if you're feeling at rock bottom.

The best advice if you're depressed is to simply not drink alcohol, but that's not always achievable. It seems like a great idea to get paralytic.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Arg, been nauseus all day... I'm going to keep taking them til Sunday and if I keep getting bad side effects I'll stop.

Being ill sucks :(
  • Options
    I would notice Rachie :heart:.

On another note:

I really need to get rid of this paranoia thing. Me and the boy had our first "argument" today, because he text me something which was really not appropriate and pissed me off all day. He apologised, because he was SO WRONG for saying it (and then telling me it was a joke, when it was something you do NOT joke about with me), but the only reason it was the wrong thing to say was because I get so paranoid and scared about things like that. I don't want to get pissed off with him because he jokes about having been in bed with another girl (which was what it was). I want to be able to trust him completely and know that he's joking when he says stuff like that...but I CAN'T :(.
  • Options
    The first argument is always a little bit scary.

You'll learn to deal with it.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Ok so most of the nauseas gone, but my body decided that about 5-10 mins ago was a good time for me to vomit, and as I hadn't eaten anything... There was nowt to bring up. Painful to say the least.

I wont be taking the Fluoxetine anymore, I'll let my doc know about it when I see her In just over a week.
  • Options
    Don't know how I feel anymore. I feel good, then I feel crap. I've been accused of cheating. He knows I would NEVER do that to him, yet he still accused me of it. He's in a crap mood. And I want to cut. Don't really see what's stopping me to be honest. Don't know how long it's been, since I've last cut, possibly 5months, 5 months of good and hard work, but I can't do it anymore.

I based me stopping cutting on him. Now he's made me hurt, I don't have a reason not to.
  • Options
    Base it on something else then. I hope that in 2 hrs you haven't, but this is an ultimate fact of life, humans are fallible, put them, any of them, on a pedestal and they'll come crashing down, and it's all the worse for the effort it took to put them up there.

Don't cut, but don't do it for someone, don't cut for the not cutting, that's all the reward you need.
  • Options
    Why am I crying? I don't want to be crying. I don't even know what's wrong.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    Why am I crying? I don't want to be crying. I don't even know what's wrong.

frankeh :heart:
  • Options
    I can't cope with him being with her, and I'm feeling a lil bit suicidal.. I dunno.. nothing I do makes me feel better, and I don't want to go on feeling like this.

I'm acting like a complete stalker. I rang him this morning to tell him how I feel, and I said I wanted to talk this evening. I've rung 3 or 4 times now and it seems hes out with her tonight. They're probably going to be sleeping in the same bed.

He says he loves me, but that we shouldn't get back together now. Its obvious that hes using her, but its putting me through shit at the same time. I know I sound like a fool for wanting him, but hes everything to me right now. I shouldn't have messed him around for so long, and expected him to wait for me to make my decision.

I don't know what to do, I've hardly stopped crying over the past 5 days. Him turning up with her to watch when I got out of the limo last night completely fucked up my prom.

I can't cope. I don't want to self-harm because of the scars, but I need some sort of release. Nothing seems to make me feel better. I really want him to know what hes putting me through.
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    I can't cope with him being with her, and I'm feeling a lil bit suicidal.. I dunno.. nothing I do makes me feel better, and I don't want to go on feeling like this.

I'm acting like a complete stalker. I rang him this morning to tell him how I feel, and I said I wanted to talk this evening. I've rung 3 or 4 times now and it seems hes out with her tonight. They're probably going to be sleeping in the same bed.

He says he loves me, but that we shouldn't get back together now. Its obvious that hes using her, but its putting me through shit at the same time. I know I sound like a fool for wanting him, but hes everything to me right now. I shouldn't have messed him around for so long, and expected him to wait for me to make my decision.

I don't know what to do, I've hardly stopped crying over the past 5 days. Him turning up with her to watch when I got out of the limo last night completely fucked up my prom.

I can't cope. I don't want to self-harm because of the scars, but I need some sort of release. Nothing seems to make me feel better. I really want him to know what hes putting me through.

I was like this with an ex boyfriend. I told him how he made me feel, he was seeing someone else to and didn't seem to care how it affected me. On looking back, I realised I just refused to accept he'd moved on.

I use to self-harm, sleep was limited and I stopped eating much. I lost weight, was exhausted most of the time and obviously cut up. So I took it on myself to avoid him completely for a long time. It did me the world of good - photo's had to be put away, letters, everything that remotely reminded me of him was boxed, put away. It was agony. I couldn't stop crying and when I thought I was finally getting somewhere, I'd see him again. But it worked. It's agony now, but please, try to just let him. Tell him you can't bear him with her and so you can't see him anymore because it's too much, and he'll just have to understand and respect that.
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:

i don't normally come in here and have no experience of self harm but i just wanted to advise you to please talk to someone (i.e. best friend/mum). cutting yourself isn't the answer. you're bound to be messed up at the minute but the best thing you can do is come out of it stronger than you were before.
  • Options
    I'm feeling better now, although earlier I was still scritching down the phone to him. His new gf has been ripping the piss out of me.. I feel so pathetic, but I can't deal with not talking to him.

But this gorgeous guy is really interested in me now, and we're going to the cinema on friday.. so my confidence is back up! I texted my ex and told him that I only wanna be mates now, and good luck with his new gf.

So everything feels fab! For now.. I'm so up and down at the moment.

I've never cut myself before but I've felt huge urges.. not too long ago I was actually depressed, and I thought I'd gotten over that. I'll see how it goes.
  • Options
    I use to self-harm, sleep was limited and I stopped eating much. I lost weight, was exhausted most of the time and obviously cut up. So I took it on myself to avoid him completely for a long time. It did me the world of good - photo's had to be put away, letters, everything that remotely reminded me of him was boxed, put away. It was agony. I couldn't stop crying and when I thought I was finally getting somewhere, I'd see him again. But it worked. It's agony now, but please, try to just let him. Tell him you can't bear him with her and so you can't see him anymore because it's too much, and he'll just have to understand and respect that.

Thankyou for this. I've actually lost almost a stone since all this trouble began.. I've completely lost my appetite and I can only physically eat a few mouthfuls of every meal. Although it was weight I was meaning to shift!
    I can't sleep either.. I'll just have to get on with things, I guess. I'm gonna be working every week day soon, which will take my mind off things :D.
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    Thankyou for this. I've actually lost almost a stone since all this trouble began.. I've completely lost my appetite and I can only physically eat a few mouthfuls of every meal. Although it was weight I was meaning to shift!
    I can't sleep either.. I'll just have to get on with things, I guess. I'm gonna be working every week day soon, which will take my mind off things :D.

Work is good! I got a job for the weekends after I split with him and it really raised my confidence as well as distracted me. I'm glad to hear you feel a bit better. Your apetite will come back in time - you don't realise how much you've changed till you come out the other side. If I can help, do give me a pm :)
  • Options
    Just had my last counselling session. Both me and the counsellor feel that I can cope with situations a lot more easily, and I do have a lot less urge, but I CAN cope with them- I think? Sometimes I need a bit of help, e.g. last night, couldn't post as I didn't know how I felt, simple as really. Have two guardian angels though- Click and one of my guy friends, who texted me til I fell asleep, and texted me in the morning to make sure i'm ok. So, 5 ish months on, no cutting. Nearly changed that last night, but shit, a I relieved I didn't. The feeling of getting over such powerful urges is more better than the rush I get from cutting, which says a lot really about how I now view self harm and it's relationhip with me.

Sorry I'm going rather emotionally deep, but that's what counselling does to me. Which isn't a bad thing really.

The OCD is a complete bitch still though, but I have numerous things to try out, which may help me break the cycle. Just get so bored stiff of having to check, it really does infuriate(sp?) me. Leaving me wound up, and a complete mess.

Can't believe how much I've got out of counselling though, it's shown me that I have the power to question my thoughts and urges, that I'm in control, and that I should look after me, number 1, no matter what, by eating right, going for lovely long walks, taking time for myself, and nto over working. Also I've realised what damage stress can do, and it just makes me ill now, causing infections etc.

But meh, I'm good :)
  • Options
    I'm finding life really tough right now. My sleeping habits are fine, my eating is atrocious (I can't stop, and I've thrown up every time I've eaten for 2 weeks), I feel isolated from my friends and depressed.

I phoned someone last night who wouldn't believe this has been going on for weeks because I hadn't sounded so low, but that's because I've learned to hide from my friends. We went on holiday together last weekend and I didn't want to ruin it by letting on how low I was (especially when the boys I was with left me alone to go off and be a couple).

He also told me that if we go out to Thorpe Park on Friday I have to cover my arms because there's one girl coming I don't know very well. I told him that if he wants me to do that, I won't come if it's too hot. I'm not making myself ill.

In the same conversation he was telling me I have to grow up and live with it, but surely part of that is making my own decisions about what's appropriate and when? I don't think showing my arms is tantamount to going out and introducing myself to people as "I'm Kate, I used to cut myself" but he does and I'm sick to the eye teeth of that attitude.

I want to go and sick in a darkened room forever. It doesn't help that I know I'm due a 4-week break from therapy in 2 weeks and my housemates are going away at the same time. I hate being alone.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Can't believe how much I've got out of counselling though, it's shown me that I have the power to question my thoughts and urges, that I'm in control, and that I should look after me, number 1, no matter what, by eating right, going for lovely long walks, taking time for myself, and nto over working. Also I've realised what damage stress can do, and it just makes me ill now, causing infections etc.

But meh, I'm good :)
    Good to hear it, glad to hear you have made such good progress.
    I'm not even going to bother posting how I feel because it will just turn into a very very long rant, that I cant be bothered to do. Lets just say I'm, pretty stressed at the moment and the though of s/h is nearly always there.
  • Options
    Ok, well I've slipped up, after about 5 months- not bad for a first attempt.

Hopefully going to try and get back on track again, and start over at day 1, but I'm not in the mood at the mo to think about not cutting. Was going so well too.

I cut cos of my stupid insecurities. I'm just so sick and tired of feeling jealous, and insecure. Was caught off guard, usually I would've came on here and had a rant, but was in the bathroom, and we stupidly have scissors in ours. Still I should'v had the will power to say no like I have done in the past.

Was a bit worried about the cut thou, was on my hand, only small, and not deep, but it healed incredibly fast, and kinda swelled up, leaving a white bump, like I had bitten by an insect. Probably didn't help that those scissors are probably the most unhygenic pair in the house.

Went to Uni Open day today, and it honestly scared the shit out of me. I'm not ready for it yet. I can't live away, I know that much. It just seems such a big step from being at college etc.

Had a crap drive too. Need to unwind me thinks.
  • Options
    It wasn't your fault, Kirst. Don't worry too much about it, celebrate how far you've managed to go and always remember that you've got that far once - and can do it again :).
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    your-babe wrote:
    Ok, well I've slipped up, after about 5 months- not bad for a first attempt.

Hopefully going to try and get back on track again, and start over at day 1, but I'm not in the mood at the mo to think about not cutting. Was going so well too.

I cut cos of my stupid insecurities. I'm just so sick and tired of feeling jealous, and insecure. Was caught off guard, usually I would've came on here and had a rant, but was in the bathroom, and we stupidly have scissors in ours. Still I should'v had the will power to say no like I have done in the past.

Was a bit worried about the cut thou, was on my hand, only small, and not deep, but it healed incredibly fast, and kinda swelled up, leaving a white bump, like I had bitten by an insect. Probably didn't help that those scissors are probably the most unhygenic pair in the house.

Went to Uni Open day today, and it honestly scared the shit out of me. I'm not ready for it yet. I can't live away, I know that much. It just seems such a big step from being at college etc.

Had a crap drive too. Need to unwind me thinks.

5 months is fantastic. Well done :D

Just make sure the cut is clean and it'll be alright.

Uni is always a big step but once you get there you forget all your anxieties. Honestly.

Keep at it though. Five months is ace :D
  • Options
    Cheers littlemissy and click.
    Have had a shit day. How I managed to get my arse out of bed knowing what I did last night I have no idea. Think one of them is infected though, is quite yellow ish.

Tried telling the boyf, asked him if I could ring him, or text him, or if he wanted me to leave it til we met up over the weekend, and mentioned that it was to do with my self harm. No response. Kinda shot myself in the foot there.

Told a trusted friend that I had slipped up today, and he kinda freaked. Was a bit embarrasing. All I wanted was support. But instead got a lecture about how I shouldn't have quit councilling or additional support- not what I needed tbh.

*Rant over* :(
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Cheers littlemissy and click.
    Have had a shit day. How I managed to get my arse out of bed knowing what I did last night I have no idea. Think one of them is infected though, is quite yellow ish.

Tried telling the boyf, asked him if I could ring him, or text him, or if he wanted me to leave it til we met up over the weekend, and mentioned that it was to do with my self harm. No response. Kinda shot myself in the foot there.

Told a trusted friend that I had slipped up today, and he kinda freaked. Was a bit embarrasing. All I wanted was support. But instead got a lecture about how I shouldn't have quit councilling or additional support- not what I needed tbh.

*Rant over* :(

Its not that bad really, 5 months is really good for a first attempt at stopping. In the last couple of years, I've only managed about 3/4 months at most with slipping up. Its normal to make a mistake at some point, just dont let it stop you trying again. As click said, you've done it once and you can do it again.

My jobs a shitty mess, and I have to do a stupid amount of overtime to sort stuff out, which means not having life and working six day weeks for teh next month. I'm single, and no-one really cares. :crying:
  • Options
    I care. Could I have yr MSN address possibly? I could also be single. Will know more tomorrow prob. Anyway, I'm going to bed before I drink anymore bacardi n cokes, they don't seem to like me too much after i've had a couple.
    Night xxx
  • Options
    Kirst - you'd probably be feeling less miserable now if you'd been single for the last few days ;).

angels19 - people do care. As per your-babe above, pop me a PM if you like :).
  • Options
    ...help me.