Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's only natural to try and hard feelings like that, because it feels that you're the only person in the world who feels like that and nobody will ever uiunderstand you and how you're feeling. Telling someone is the hardest thing in the world to do.

Do you have anyone who you trust enough to talk to? They don't even need to be a "real" person, the internet can be a great place to talk to people. Often internet people know more about the feelings than anyone, and its important to remember that you aren't the only person in the world.

Not so many years ago I was in a similar position, I was self-harming and I'd been diagnosed as Borderline, and was trying to kill myself every week or two. Now I have a great girlfriend and a good job and life's a lot better. I was able to talk to someone, and I got NHS therapy, and it made so much difference.

If you want to PM me you're more than welcome.
  • Options
    a couple of my friends know but they angry with me and i so regret saying anything-i mean its prob cos it not the first time ive tried-i really should learn that im not capable of killing myself as this is my 6th try-all were so rubbish
  • Options
    a couple of my friends know but they angry with me and i so regret saying anything

:( Sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    mm well i guess its understandable as they're stresssed at the moment and they dont me being an idiot and feeling like this i can understand why they're angry and why they must hate me-just would have beenbetter if it had worked
  • Options
    Hyper have you spoken to anyone else about how you feel, not friends, but people who might be able to offer you some practical advice or support (such as helplines or your local health services). You'll probably find that services like that are much less likely to judge you, and certainly aren't going to be angry at you, especially since helping people is what they are there for.
  • Options
    im just kinda scared whats going to happen if i ask for help-im scared of doctors anyway and the thought of being classed as unstable or whatever scares me even if its true-it just makes it seem more real if its confirmed sorry if it sounds stupid
  • Options
    It doesn't sound stupid at all, it's always possible to believe that if you don't get offically told something is wrong, then things might somehow sort themselves out. But one of the hard things about any problem with health is that things often get worse, and harder to heal, the longer they are left.

Why not consider speaking to someone who isn't part of the health service? That way you could discuss what options might be available, or what that would mean, without taking that step to actually involve someone officially.

Saneline on 0845 767 8000 are geared specifically to mental health issues and might provide you a chance to just unburden yourself of how you are feeling and talk about possible ways forward.
  • Options
    sorry to be such a pain-i see a counsellor person through college bout my self harm and she reckons its not related to depression but then she doesnt know bout suicide attempts-im just a pain i guess and im sorry im just confused bout where my life is heading sorry
  • Options
    Getting support from a service like Saneline doesn't mean you need to be depressed or anything else specific. They are there to provide support for anyone going through a difficult time, as you obviously are. Believe me, they would have no issue with talking to you.

But do think about being open with your counsellor - counselling often works best when someone is able to discuss anything they are going through, not feeling they have to bottle things up from the people trying to help.

Your counsellor should be able to help you discuss anything you're feeling - and help you to do it in an enviroment that is secure enough to not be scary or out of control when discussing those issues and feelings.
  • Options
    sorry to be such a pain-i see a counsellor person through college bout my self harm and she reckons its not related to depression but then she doesnt know bout suicide attempts-im just a pain i guess and im sorry im just confused bout where my life is heading sorry

TBH, I think you should tell your counsellor about your suicide attempts because then you might get the help you need.

You could also try the live chat support at Recover Your Life: http://www.recoveryourlife.com/Live_Chat/General_Chat/default.aspx
  • Options
    i just feel im wasting peoples time-im just scared and telling her isnt easy as i just dont feel comfy speaking bout how i feel and cant always vocalise stuff sorry-sorry for being a pain
  • Options
    If you feel you have to, write things down and give that bit of paper to her so that you don't have to talk to her.
  • Options
    im sorry-im just scared-scared of what will happen-im sorry im such a pain
  • Options
    im just scared im sorry im sorry im useless and a waste of space and time-everyone would be better off if i died
  • Options
    Next Tuesday I have to have some blood taken (as 2 of the doctors I've been seen by in the 12 days don't know what's wrong with my stomach and why I'm in so much pain all the time) and have loads of scars on my arms from where I've cut myself.

Does anyone know if the nurse is likel to say anything to me about my scars or not? Currently, the scabs have fallen off and I've just got white (ish) scars all down my arms.
  • Options
    ^^I have extensive scarring on the entire length of my arm, (it's pretty obvious it's self inflicted) so i usually give them the other arm which is significantly less scarred. However, on the occasions i have given my left arm, no one has said anything. I don't really think it's professional to. I was once asked by a woman waxing my legs though, that was awkward! If they do ask, just say you got into a fight with a hedgehog or something, it's a blatant lie and they'll know not to push it any further.
  • Options
    My problem is that it's on both arms, but is slightly less obvious on my right arm.
  • Options
    Can't go on like this, have one AD left, need to get some more tomorrow maybe. I feel so low, and want out of everything.
  • Options
    whats up kirsty?
  • Options
    can't keep going on feeling like this anymore.
  • Options
    whats happened?
  • Options
    i'm just causing arguements between me n my boyfriend cos of how stressed i'm getting. i feel like crap tbh
  • Options
    its undersatndable your stressed what with alevels etc-im sure its not as bad as you think
  • Options
    cheers :) just struggling to keep my feet on the ground atm.
  • Options
    *is close to ruining 3 weeks*:(
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    *is close to ruining 3 weeks*:(

just thinking of 2moro morning when u wake up, after getting through another bad time- u can do it Sofie.
  • Options
    you can do it sofie-you are so strong and brilliant
  • Options
    this world

sometimes it feels like i'm trapped in this world all alone. i go out i laugh i smile i drink i smoke i make merry but the person i am is sat inside screaming be urself. it hurts so much the urge to constantly cry and to repress that to speak to my parents on the fone and pretend that im ok that life's good when what i want most of all is to escape it. is that so wrong? after 9 years of depression and 6 years of prozac i would have thought it would get better but most days its still hard to find a reason to get out of bed to live. i wish that i could die but everytime i should and i mean really should it never happens. i worked this weekend til 4 on sat and sunday night and i walked home all the time wishin hopin that i'd get stabbed or run over just something to end it that wouldn't be my fault. its all wrong all of it is so wrong
  • Options
    hollypoppy-i hope you're ok. i feel very similar.
  • Options
    dont say you should die cos its just not true-no im a hypocrit but i mean it

why do things always seem so much more complicated even though your trying to make them clearer by helping yourself-i know i should be totally honest with my counsellor but i just cant tell her bout od

sorry