Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Depression and Self-Harming - Please read

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    can't do this anymore, just feel fucked up. i cant get the enthuasism to work, and i need to do it. when i do do work- i get so stressed over it i end up crying and feeling shite
    2 weeks for me:)
    your-babe wrote: »
    can't do this anymore, just feel fucked up. i cant get the enthuasism to work, and i need to do it. when i do do work- i get so stressed over it i end up crying and feeling shite

you can do it kirsty you really can-you've come so far and you know you can-you know where i am if you need me
    Sofie wrote: »
    2 weeks for me:)

well done-im feeling slightly proud of myself as im on 5 days which at the moment is quite a bit for me as had a really bad time of it
    you can do it kirsty you really can-you've come so far and you know you can-you know where i am if you need me

Thankyou- didn't harm, so my personal best record goes on!

5 days is brilliant, just take each day as it comes.

Sophie: That's brilliant too :)
    Im doomed......
    whats up?

5 days i guess is ok but feels poor to me and so close again

sorry
    Schoolworks not going great, Looks like im gonna fail after all.
    im sure your not-what makes you think that
    my teachers aren't very optomistic anymore. my coursework grades are shit and I've just had enough of that hellhole.
    I hope not.

thanks shadow, HP. just had a shit day.
    Nothing ever gets fucking better. Want to harm so badly. I can't do my exams. I feel fucking useless.
    I can't do my exams.
    Yes, you can.
    I feel fucking useless.
    No, you're not.

You don't want to harm, either. You just think you do. You can do it, Kirsty, I know you can.

xx
    Franki wrote: »
    Yes, you can.

No, you're not.

You don't want to harm, either. You just think you do. You can do it, Kirsty, I know you can.

xx

Cheers Franki. Just feel like giving up. Fuck knows how I'm going to cope with uni!

Cheers too Shadow, had an ok day, just a bad evening. I've just been seeing how much work I have to do fro my revision yet.
    Cheers Franki. Just feel like giving up. Fuck knows how I'm going to cope with uni!

Don't give up! Or I'll come over there and slap you silly :p.

You will cope with uni, just like I will (I don't know how, but I will). You'll come out the end of it feeling a million times better about yourself, as well.

Chin up, chick. If you keep thinking like that, it will only end up with you feeling worse. Optimism is ten billion times more productive, pessimism means you're more likely to fail. If you think "I can't", then you won't be able to, but if you think "I can", then you just might :).
    If youve manage 5 days no harm thats good.
    Next time aim for 6. even if you just end up putting of the inevitable try and push it to achive one more day
    kirsty you can do it and you will pass your exams and you will cope with uni-i'll be there to make sure you do

you know you can do it you are so strong
    Don't give up! Or I'll come over there and slap you silly :p.

You will cope with uni, just like I will (I don't know how, but I will). You'll come out the end of it feeling a million times better about yourself, as well.

Chin up, chick. If you keep thinking like that, it will only end up with you feeling worse. Optimism is ten billion times more productive, pessimism means you're more likely to fail. If you think "I can't", then you won't be able to, but if you think "I can", then you just might :).

Thanku :) Didn't slip up, but just so worried about if I do.

Cheers shadow and hyperperson too.
    Thanku :) Didn't slip up, but just so worried about if I do.

Why? These things happen. I still slip up sometimes and according to my mother, I'm supposed to be "better". Don't worry if you do slip up, all you do is just keep trying. Know that saying, "if at first you don't succeed, try, try, and try again"? Yeh, that works with this too. And you know where I am if you need to chat about anything, I'm usually just a PM away. I'll give you my MSN if you want, as well.

xxx
    I just slipped really badly. I managed not to cut my arms (thank God, I have to wear a ballgown tomorrow) but I'm worried about what my gf will do if she sees.

I hate this time of year. I just tried to go into the library but couldn't get past the gate (my card is playing up) and that really panicked me for some reason so I came into a computer room... bugger.
    you OK piccolo?
    wanted to take an od-took 8 paracetamol and couldnt take anymore-now my hates me-im such a failure
    you OK piccolo?
    Been better, but yes. Mostly cross with myself now.
    Hyper, give nhs direct a call if nothing else, just to discuss the possible damage and whether you need to do anything else.

If you want to speak to someone you might want to consider Saneline, Careline or the Samaritans as well - just to get things of your chest.

You can find the numbers on here

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/helplines
    I hate me sometimes.

I'm being paranoid. Again. Except this time it's about a whole load of different things, but mostly centred around the fact that I have no idea where my boyfriend is. Which is stupid, because I know he'd never do anything, but my mind is just going sirens because it's trying to tell me he's ignoring me. Meh.

Also, the realisation that I'm not going to be on any of the pages of random pictures of the IB people kinda upsets me. Makes me wish I'd tried harder to be friends with them, but I don't know what else I could have done, ya know?

Meh.

Feel like I'm gonna cry. Had such a bad night last night, was the first time in ages I felt like harming. I didn't tell Rich because he'd blame himself, but now I feel guilty for it.

Meh.
    Hyper .... please follow Jim's advice. You're such a great and understanding person. I really wish that you could see that. Keep fighting honey.
    Franki, I have no idea what the IB pics are but I'm sure it's not the end of the world. You seem like such a nice person on here; I'm sure your other half wouldn't do anything and he's probably thinking about you as we type. Try to chill out .... have a bath and read a book or something; take some you time and try and enjoy it. xxx
    The IB is the course that I do, there's 60 of us and I'm doing the pictures for the yearbook. I've gotta do 4 pages of merged "random IB pictures". I know it's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to think back and have proper memories that weren't necessarily college related, which all mine are. It just kinda upsets me because I found my old school yearbook the other day and I realised there were basically none of me in that one either.

I'm just overly emotional, and I don't really know why.
    I hate me sometimes.

Feel like I'm gonna cry. Had such a bad night last night, was the first time in ages I felt like harming. I didn't tell Rich because he'd blame himself, but now I feel guilty for it.

Meh.
    There is no reason for you to hate yourself. From what ive read from you and the posts you've left me, you seem like a really nice person.
    Try to think on the positives of last night. Even though you felt like harming, you didnt. Thats something to be proud of. I self harm too, so i know how hard it can be to resist the temtptation.

Try not to feel guilty either. You have so much to give and dont deserve to be putting yourself through this
    x x x
    i hate myself so much-i wish i could have managed it