Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Does She like Me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

I need a bit of help here! I'm 21 and fairly new to relationships etc. I've known this girl (who's 18) for a few months but only as someone you say hi to in the street. Anyway a few weeks ago we started to chat on the internet and I'm not sure exactly how it happened but we ended up going to the cinema together. It was a bit awkward because we are both quite shy but it went well although neither off us called it a date so I wasn't sure whether it was or not!

Anyway we chatted on the internet a few times afterwards and I asked her if she wanted to go out again. She kept asking if it was going to be with friends. I wasn't sure if this was because she was shy or because she didn't want to go alone. After that meeting I told her I liked her a lot but she didn't come back with anything at all. Just that that was cool.

Recently we have been chatting more and more on the internet sometimes until quite late at night and she has been coming up with ideas like I could teach her to play the guitar (which would of course mean coming round to my house). Do you guys think this is an excuse to come over or she genuinely wants to learn the guitar?! Or am I just nieve? :-)

Also one more thing! What do people find more common? Do you always have to hit it off right away or do some people grow to like others after a short while? What do you guys think?

Any advice would be helpful.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like the's probably as unsure about where to take things as you are. I reckon you should get to know each other better, become friends and just let things progress into whatever they become. You've only been to the cinema with her once, don't rush things.

Talk to her, ask her if she's been thinking similar things. You could do the traditional, cheesy, transparent and down right crap, "a friend of mine knows this girl....." hehe.

-Sir Clack

p.s. My advice in the world of love is probably not the best to follow. I'm 20 yrs old and my longest relationship to date has been 4 weeks. My shortest 2 days. I ROCK!! lol.
  • Options
    Thanks. Anyone else got an opinion please?
  • Options
    Re: Does She like Me?
    Originally posted by MyNameIsBob

Also one more thing! What do people find more common? Do you always have to hit it off right away or do some people grow to like others after a short while? What do you guys think?

Ive been out with a few people who i've had an instant attraction too, others ive not been to keen on but have spent time with them and learnt to like them. All depends on the people involved.
  • Options
    i dunno all girls ive liked ive always known 4 ages b4 hand and then 1 day it will just hit me "i fancy that person" i would say though that she doesnt not like u so mayb uve got a chance who knows ive spent the last 3 yrs of my life contemplating the female mind and i havent cracked it yet! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by totalyoutofit

who knows ive spent the last 3 yrs of my life contemplating the female mind and i havent cracked it yet! :)

Have any of us?!!! Not the easiest thing to understand!!

Anyway, as regards the question in hand, I think it's better to be friends first and let any feelings of love/mutual attraction develop over time. Don't rush things, just get to know her as a friend. She is probably equally confused about how you feel about her so just carry on getting to know her and I'm sure if there's anything there you will find out soon enough. Hope things turn out ok for you. xxx.:D