Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Can someone explain why i feel so Down?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've never been a good looking bloke and probably never will be :D which has meant I've been always low on confidence with the ladies !

People always say I'm a good looking fella whenever I get down about my looks but I tend to ignore them. Despite this I've never really been one to get down in the dumps about things. Infact I'm always having a laugh and joke and generally a happy person :D I'm always laughing and can make light of any situation.

I'm a sensible guy, don't get me wrong I like to go out with the boys and have a good time but I don't like getting drunk and I've NEVER tried drugs. So you could say I'm a *good* boy ;)

Anyway last year for 9 months I met a girl at uni, we clicked straight away but in the bottom of my heart I knew nothing would happen. Despite this I never felt depressed about things, I never let it get me down. I *eventually* got her out of my system :D

As I've said before on this message board I met a fantastic girl on holiday, she's the girl of my dreams and I've fallen in love with her. I've always had in my mind my *ideal* girlfriend and amazingly she fits the bill. For some reason she always loves me and find me attractive :eek2: She lives a couple of hours away which isn't too bad.

BUT

I've never felt so depressed in my life! I still have a laugh but I feel very anxious ( correct spelling?!?!) and I'm always thinking/wooried about what the future may hold? She's prefect and I'm Mr Average. I'm always thinking that when she goes to uni next year ( if we are still together!) that it will be the end. She's applying to a TOP uni, whilst despite getting excellent A-level results, I'm at a below average university. I'm scared that i will not be able to compete with all these public school boys who have flash cars, large houses in the country etc. I don't knw why I'm worrying because if she does love me all this wouldn't matter.

WHAT the eff is wrong with me?!?

I can't explain why i feel like this! I know I'm being stupid, I tell myself daily that I'm being stupid! Everything is going right for me, I've just bought a car and everything is falling into place and I'm still young.

So why do I feel so anxious?

It's strange because all these anxieties disappear when I'm with her and I'm really happy :D

I think maybe the reason is that I'm getting my emotions mixed up and basically because I love her so much I miss her lots when we are apart. I'm probably down because I miss her as I#ev said when we are together I'm back to normal!

Feel free to e-mail me off the message board with your replies because I've got a busy week next week and won't be able to come on here much but I'll be able to check my mailbox :) I could also send you a photo aswell :)

Thanks for reading my waffling message ( that's if you've got to end and not given up! LOL)

Comments

• Options
    you might just feel like you're inferior in some way, or that you don't deserve a lovely, perfect girl like her... Also, at the beginning of every relationship, there's always the panicky 'omigod, he/she's gonna break up with me soon' feeling, because you're not secure enough together yet. I'm sure it'll be fine. Good Luck!
  • Options
    Honey, you sound like you have free floating anxiety that's all. You've met a lovely new girlfriend, and if I were you i'd make the most of it.
    :)
    Keep on doing the things that make you happy - and eventually everything will just fall into place. :)

Good luck lovely