Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

In real need of help & advice!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok i'll try & make this quick
My girlfriend suddenly finished with me today, after her dad says we cant see eachother! I am her friends cousin's friend (bit confusing) & i live a fair distance from her. because of the distance her dad says that we cant see eachother! I came back from a 4 day trip 2 see her yesterday & her dad invited her round for lunch today (she doesnt live with him) & told her she cant see me anymore. He saw her walking me from the station on Monday, found out who I am & where im from after persuading her mum to tell him!

I really dont think he has the right to tell her who she can & cant see, he hasnt even met me or give me a chance yet. We are both really upset, this will make me sound like a right wuss but I've not stopped crying for the last 3 hours & still am now, showing no signs of stopping yet!

Why has her Dad done this? what reason can he give?! I think if his daughter is happy which i think she is then he should be happy for her, im her 1st boyfriend, she is 16 im 18 & he's always nagging her about getting a boyfriend so wots the problem?

I need some advice on what to do now. Do i try calling him & asking for a chance or something? if not do i just try & carry on with my life? If so how?? I never felt like this before about anyone. We aint been seeing eachother long but i dont think that should matter. Please help!:crying:

Comments

• Options
    If she does not live with him I don't see how his wish's will have that great an effect on her.

How old are you and her?
  • Options
    Her dad can be mean & she doesnt wanna make him even more angry.
    She is 16 & I am 18
  • Options
    Firstly, although she doesn't live with her dad he still has the right to form opinions about her life BUT that doesn't mean he has the right to tell her who to see. Nor does whoever she lives with.

Perhaps he thinks the age difference is too large and you will 'corrupt' his daughter? (who knows, some people are strange!)

Also, he might think that the distance will become too difficult and you might cheat on her, or he might even have someone else in mind for her.

At the end of the day your gf needs to sit down and tell her father that she is happy with you and it is none of his business.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Firstly, although she doesn't live with her dad he still has the right to form opinions about her life BUT that doesn't mean he has the right to tell her who to see. Nor does whoever she lives with.

Yeah thats exactly what i think. But apparently he thinks he does because he's her dad & she should listen to what he says.