Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

so, are most men bastards?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Realitically probably not. Experience (for me any way) suggests that given the chance, yes, they are!

I know all the physcological stuff about it being my fault for being attracted to them, but even the ones I find seriously unattractive when I get to know them, they are just the same!

I suppose you can't blame them, it's in there genes, (to put it about) Anyone have any ideas about when might evolve enough to be on a parr with us ladies???

:D

Comments

• Options
    No, women are bitches, I got dumped this morning but i'm still a nice person apparently.
  • Options
    Heheh

Oh, I'm not in the mood for this one!:D

Yes we are!:p
    I know all the physcological stuff about it being my fault for being attracted to them, but even the ones I find seriously unattractive when I get to know them, they are just the same!

You are meeting the wrong men then maybe?

And maybe its not our fault! But if fact you women that drive us to act the way we do!:p

P.S I don't act like a bastard tho!:)
  • Options
    Bit of a rash generalisation here!

Not all men are bastards and not all women are bitches!

Just because someone doesn't know how to behave in a relationship or in life in general doesn't make them a bad person really. And just because you interpret someone's behaviour in one way doesn't mean it is that way to them ot other people looking at the same situation.

If someone hurts your feelings of course you're going to label them a bastard but that doesn't mean they are a nasty pieve of work, it just means they don't know how to handle certain situations very well.

Tell people when they upset you, if they're a nice person underneath it all they will apologise, even if they can't take back an action (like dumping you)

And when you're dumped, nobody wants to make the other person feel bad, they've probably spent ages chewing themselves to pieces over it, but it is better in the long run to be honest and call a relationship off than go on pretending, isn't it?!
  • Options
    So.......

What we are saying is then, that basically men and women hate each other. Thats cool!

Trouble is can't live without each other either!
  • Options
    Tell a man???

Has anyone every tried telling a man his behaviour is unacceptable......all you get is the old chesnut, 'stop nagging' talk about cop out.

I find 99% (Please note I am aware of a small perfect percentage!) of men are arrogant, self centred, selfish, rude, bad mannered, self opinionated, beer bellied, balding uncouth pigs! Now i feel better.

It would be so nice to hold an intelligent conversation with a man, who did'nt feel the need to discuss sex at some level, his earning ability, his car, or burp & fart after a meal! Maybe here in Buckinghamshire we have the arse end of the deal with men!!!
  • Options
    Women wouldn't have it any other way! Admit it, the "cute cuddly teddy bear" gets pretty boring after a while. . .
  • Options
    Originally posted by One Nad Brad
    Women wouldn't have it any other way! Admit it, the "cute cuddly teddy bear" gets pretty boring after a while. . .

totally agree there.
  • Options
    aphrodite1 I can see I will like you:p

Men are like that because YOU women drive us to act that way!

With your nagging, moaning, bitter & bitchiness ways. And your stupid illogical way you think. How everything always has to be about you! and those stupid mind game you play to see what we are thinking about. And no we don’t think about you all the time!

And yes sex is on the brain a lot because…er….It’s good! And I can’t help it!

And you always fucking contradict yourselves, ‘oh I really want a nice guy’, and then when you find one you dumb him for being to “Nice” and go fuck his best mate cos you see him as a “bad boy”

Hehehe, but I’m not upset or bitter!:rolleyes: :p

Of course, none of the girls on this site are like that, and I love my gf dearly!:D
  • Options
    definition of a man

Yep I acknowledge the attraction of the bad boy image......but am not stupid enough to persue it!

I would like a man who can be assertive, but considerate. Masculine and strong, but gentle and passionate.......
    Thoughtful, supportive, without being self opininated.
    Ability to drink without turning into 1) A Letch 2)throwing up 3)Swearing 4)fighting 5)falling asleep

No hope for me then
    :(
  • Options
    Women are a bundle of contradiction:p :rolleyes:

I know lots of blokes that possess those qualities you ask for in a man, but there either too nice or shy or God forbid not good looking enough to have gf's. I think if you lowered your standards you would meet a nice guy and you can train those things you want him to have.
  • Options
    Can i just say that harmless is in no way acting as a spokesperson for this half of the human race.

Some of us are very nice, thank you very much.

*ahem*
    All women are overly judgemental and quick to jump to conclussions.

see how you like being generalised
  • Options
    *Pauses*

Yes :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by cokephreak

*ahem*
    All women are overly judgemental and quick to jump to conclussions.

see how you like being generalised

Funny you should say that as she is the same woman who just accused me of being judgemental on my own board. Thank you for pointing out her own falliable humaness.

And no, not all men are bastards. Most of them are great. Too many nice guys get thrown aside in favour of the "bad boys" and end up taking the heat for it. I've had my fair share of "bad boys." They treat a woman badly because she is allowing them to in exchange for the "honour" of being their woman. My husband (my second marriage) is one of the genuine nice guys and I'd never give him up for another "bad boy." I quite prefer the loving and respectful treatment my husband gives me.
  • Options
    All men have that bastardness in them somewhere-
    All women have that bitchyness in them somewhere-
    But some men are always just bastards!But why do women love them for it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by cokephreak
    Can i just say that harmless is in no way acting as a spokesperson for this half of the human race.

Some of us are very nice, thank you very much.

Firstly no!, you can't just say anything!;)

Secondly I was speaking for myself, as I always do!:p

& Thirdly I am very nice!, just in an unusual way:eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve

Exactly... not all men are bastards - they just have the potential to be. ;)
  • Options
    From reading this I could stereotype that the problem with all women is that they read too many shite girly magazines and end up scrutinising every tiny little aspect of their lives and planning every tiny little aspect down to a tee, then they wonder why things don't turn out absolutely perfect.
  • Options
    From experience, I'd have to say they're all bastards. I honestly haven't come across any nice males. Most of them appear to be nice and genuine at first but pretty soon it becomes clear they're just another user and only after one thing. Sorry if this sounds nasty to men but this is from my experiences.
  • Options
    http://www.thesite.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30621&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

OK- If you all want proof about what I said, just go back to the AndyTeg saga "Loss of Love & Heart Broken" and see the last page of postings. (Christ, it took me 45 min to go through it) Andy seems a right nice bloke but in the end did his woman want him...? Nooooooo. Who is she sleeping with? Waaaaayne!

(Sorry Andy, but I wanted to make a point. Hope you've moved on well bro! ;))
  • Options
    I'm not a bastard. But I know a lot of girls who can turn a lad into one.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jezza
    I'm not a bastard. But I know a lot of girls who can turn a lad into one.

Yep! true
    Most of them appear to be nice and genuine at first but pretty soon it becomes clear they're just another user and only after one thing. Sorry if this sounds nasty to men but this is from my experiences.

Lol, yeah but sex is nice. I think with the shit we put up with is it to much to ask for a little 'our time';)

I mean how much time we spend listening to you moan about something, or you bitch about somebody! Would it be to much to ask for us to talk about a subject that we enjoy talking about without being called sex mad, or you think that we only want you for sex!

:rolleyes: @ self

Blokes can't win, nothing is ever good enough for you women!:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless

I mean how much time we spend listening to you moan about something, or you bitch about somebody! Would it be to much to ask for us to talk about a subject that we enjoy talking about without being called sex mad, or you think that we only want you for sex!

*tuts* I apoligise for him :D
  • Options
    I'm trying to work out what you have to do to be branded a bastard?

Are we talking good looking fella, with a hint of arrogance who manages to walk all over his women, cheat on each one and then onto the next?

Or man who sleeps with someone when he's married ?

etc :)

It's quite simple, too many women fall for the small talk and the image and don't work out that not in a million years are they likely to change the bloke from being what he is. Maybe one day he'll wake up and realise that maybe he's not really living life like it should be lived. But then again maybe he likes being the way he is because it's easy to fuck people around.

I'll quite happily admit i'm a bit of a fiery sod which is probably one of the reasons i'm single as most " nice men" can't really talk to me properly as they seem to turn shy and quiet. Whereas the "bad boys" think it's great :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Firstly by no means are all men 'bastards'
    Being in a relationship for 2yeards and 6 months, being cheated on and yet never doing anything with another girl is proof of that. If you want to make rash generalisations like that become a lesbian else do not wonder why lads wont touch you when you call them all that.

Secondly look up bastard in a dictionary - I seriously doubt that all lads have no parents and for those that find that term deeply offensive i think you should think of a better way to insult people.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    All women have that bitchyness in them somewhere-

So all women are actually decendants of dogs, and every mans mom has had an affair- That assumption leads me to think that you're not that fond of women :p
  • Options
    Re: Tell a man???
    Originally posted by aphrodite1
    Has anyone every tried telling a man his behaviour is unacceptable......all you get is the old chesnut, 'stop nagging' talk about cop out.

I find 99% (Please note I am aware of a small perfect percentage!) of men are arrogant, self centred, selfish, rude, bad mannered, self opinionated, beer bellied, balding uncouth pigs! Now i feel better.

It would be so nice to hold an intelligent conversation with a man, who did'nt feel the need to discuss sex at some level, his earning ability, his car, or burp & fart after a meal! Maybe here in Buckinghamshire we have the arse end of the deal with men!!!

Let me throw one of your own quotes back at you, taken from a post you made on my message topic...

One final point, to sit in judgement of others, without having walked the walk, should not entitle you to talk the talk

Which brings me to this question...

Have you ever been a man? Do you know what it's like to be a man? Have you ever "walked the walk" as a man? So, because I haven't actually experienced being one of these 30ish women who believe they are still a teenager I have no right to comment on their behaviour, yet you, who probably were born a female and have no personal experience in what it's like to be a man, have every right to claim that 99% of them are bastards? That's a hellof a lot of men that you are condemning isn't it? How many is that compared to the number of women who suffer from the psychological malfunction that I brought up? A LOT MORE!

What's wrong with men behaving any way they want so long as it makes them happy, hmmmm? They aren't hurting anyone by not changing their behaviour. If oyu choose to go out with a "bad boy" then you are also choosing to accept their behaviour.

You, Dear, are a hypocrite.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sir Cum
    From reading this I could stereotype that the problem with all women is that they read too many shite girly magazines and end up scrutinising every tiny little aspect of their lives and planning every tiny little aspect down to a tee, then they wonder why things don't turn out absolutely perfect.
    That sounds like all my ex's! :) The last was the worst for over analysing everything. Every little word, and worse - every word that wasn't the best choice, was analysed and questions asked constantly. She would get in a right huff with me so quickly. Then again, she is training to be a councellor, turning a feminine trait in to a proffession! :D

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Cyann

I can 'talk the talk' because I am a man!

Each to there own!
  • Options
    Originally posted by aphrodite1
    Cyann

I can 'talk the talk' because I am a man!

Each to there own!

Im confused :confused: The post at the start of this thread you said "us ladies" Ehhhhhhh? :confused:
  • Options
    Ladyboy in da house.