Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

internet relationships

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
is it right or wrong to meet people that youve spoke on the internet. even more so if ur kinda shy and find it easier to talk to girls on internet??

Comments

• Options
    It isnt right or wrong. If that's how you feel comfortable meeting people then go for it, if you feel better meeting people when you got out clubbing then do that instead! Whatever works for you! Just remember to be careful if you are gonna meet up with peeps off the net! ;)
  • Options
    Id say be very, very careful about meeting anyone over the internet.
    If you do intend meeting someone I would say take a friend with you, meet in a public place, if you do go alone make sure you tell someone where you are meeting.
    It has been known for people to pose as 16 yr old and in reality they are 40 or whatever, and nothing like they had told you they were :)
  • Options
    taken from experience it isnt wrong at all but make sure you go with friends and make sure people know where you are at all times.
    arrange to meet someone somewhere and go along,if you see them and you dont like what you see or the person isnt what they said they wewre then walk on by.
  • Options
    I met my boyf on the Internet and Im extremely glad I went with my heart. We started as mates but then as we went through little problems we tried to help each other out and kinda realised we needed each other and stuff.

It was the best thing I could have done and we were both quite shy but around each other we're not which is great :)
  • Options
  • Options
    I met someone off the internet, and ended up seeing him for two years!

When we first met at the cinema, he was so funny. He came up to me and bluttered out all his details, handed me his passport/teaching ID etc!!! :D He was so paranoid!
  • Options
    I think there are genuine people on the net and wouldn't rule out meeting someone online if I got to know them ie; Exchanged photo's, spoke on the telephone (gives rough idea) I would definately meet in public place though on first meet.
  • Options
    i emt my bf on the net..best thing that eva appnd to me! :D
  • Options
    I think its really great when people meet over the net and end up with something special....

I know a couple who met, one was from liverpool and the other from canada.... they are now happily married and living in canada!
  • Options
    Everyone always says to be prepared in case they aren't who they say they are so you could be in danger, take a friend, etc but I'd also say that you shouldn't place too much on this meeting them. It can go horribly wrong and, in a way, you can be crushed when it does. So...remember that.
  • Options
    Yeah, you might meet them, and they could end up being a total dickhead or bitch.
  • Options
    I met my beau on the net. Then I gave him my # and we talked for hours as my parents yelled get off the d@mn telephone. He asked me out. I said yes. Im so in love.
    *daydreams...*
    *flips on her Barney Unplugged*:love:
  • Options
    I agree with everyone... it can be a dodgy thing but sometimes it can turn out great and then ur in love like me... :D happy n all smiles....:love:
  • Options
    Meh, I met my fiance on the net. Well, we were mates on the net and just fell in love in real life. sweet, eh?

Dont have any expectations, they might be different to their net personality, they might be totally different. Falling in love on the net is risky, but makingf friends aint. And all the best relationships start as friends.

Just be careful, usual safety tips are to be followed. Although now Ive met so many people off the net I do go by myself, but only to places I know, and know well.
  • Options
    i met a lad off the net, bout a month ago actually.... and we really good "m8s":naughty: he restored my faith in the fact that not all lads off the net r mingers!!:
  • Options
    i met two people off the net,one a bf that i kinda got close to frum the net then decided to meet,it was a bit embaressing but it was all ok...although he didnt look like i thought he would even though i had his photo.....we lasted three moneths and met a good few times,ended because he was 4 hours train journey away and we didnt think it was fair to continue the "us" thing *sniff*,other meeting was with a cool gurl that iv known for about 4 years,were great friends and really alike..shes ma *twittwin* sista styley! (sadnnes i know but like..hmh:P)

im actually in a bit of a "thing" now with a fella who iv been friends with (off the net) for about a year,its really diffucult for us to meet because of work and college and stuff and were gone a bit "strained" now......not very nice thing!! i think the sooner you meet the person the better...will get way too strange otherwise! or something...:eek2: