Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Flexible unis..?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
So, the darn Norwegian government has just proposed to cut all scholarships towards tuition fees for psychology students abroad, from next year on. Those on studies already started may continue with scholarships. It's not a hundred percent certain that this will go through in the national assembly, but more than a fifty-fifty chance, so IF it happens:

I've got a place, but it's deferred till next year. Do you reckon I'd be able to convince the university of Durham to let me start my studies for a week or so - say next week -, then "apply" to have it paused till next autumn, just so I'll be among those already started? Is that an insane thing to ask a uni? How flexible are they likely to be? (They sure seem to like my paying international tuition fees...)

Err, and I've got a six months trip to Central America planned, so there's no way I can just start the course now and not leave again, even if they'd let me. Argh - I hate our priest run government.

I could of course just drop it and go to Amsterdam or Budapest instead, but they speak such funny languages...sigh.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You could accept the offer then defer, not sure if that counts.............
    Mhm

Done that. But no, it doesn't count. Would have to actually be physically started at study. But I guess I'll just hope for the govt to be forced to some sort of change, and otherwise go to Budapest instead.
    I do not think that they would let you start and then leave again, no.

However, if you ring them and explain the situation (or email them - probably better!) they may be able to suggest something.