Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Advice needed please....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know whether you lot remember me posting a couple of months ago... but if not here's a quick recap.

I met a girl on holiday and we hit it off straight away. Unfortunately we live quite fair apart so seeing eachother is difficult as she is at college and I'm at Uni ( 2 hours by train though, whihc I suppose ain't too bad?!?!)

Anyway we met over 3 months ago and we try to meet every 3 weeks. Generally we will make it 2 or 3 nights staying at eachother's houses ( parents around though :( )

I love her to bits and she say's she feels the same ( I'm pretty sure she does and not just saying it) Anyway, we met up again at the weekend as it was a special occasion ( her 18th)

We are meeting in a couple of weeks, which I can't wait for! The difference makes it hard and she hasn't even started uni yet so that will be a big challenge :(

I want some help though. I feel really strongly about her and want to tell her that at the moment I would do anything to be with her. I know I'm jumping to conclusions and 3 or 4 years is a long time. I'm worried that she maybe thinking that we don't have a future as it's so difficult to meet. However I want to tell her that if things work out I would be more than willing to move to be with her.

Yes.... I know, I'm probably going way too fast but I just want to her to know that we do have a future but at the same time I don't want to scare her away.

Anyone get any advice at all on how I can tell her that I see us having a future rather than just having a "fling" but without committing too much yet?

What I'm trying to say is how can I show my committment?

Sorry about this? I'm not good with words and I'm waffling now :)

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Options
    In all seriouness, just be honest with her!

Tell her that you hope you can have a lasting relationship and that you hope that doesn't frighten her!

Honesty is the best policy. If you want to tell her then do. You should neve rbe anything but yourself with someone you love. If that person loves you back they will love you despite the fact that you might be coming on too strong, infact, when you're in love, there isn't really a 'coming on too strong' thing!
  • Options
    Yes BumbleBee, I know that honesty is the best way but there is always that doubt ( especially with me !) that it will come out all wrong.

I was thinking about it in bed last night all I want to say is that I don't see our relationship as just a holiday romance that has spilt over ( I think though after 3 months this shows that it's not just a holiday thing) but I see it as much more than that and that it's not a dead end relationship because we live so far away.

That's what I want to say and I think that sounds alright, but it will probably come out all wrong :(

Does the above sound ok?

Cheers
  • Options
    Ask her to her face and watch her facial expresssions and immedaite reaction to hwo do you see/want this relationship to go. Dont seem to pushy like your prepared to marry the girl it'll scare her off see what she says and play it from there. Make sure its to her face though!
  • Options
    Just ask her where she see's herself in the future and might it include you.
  • Options
    ur in along distance relationship and those kind of relationships are always subject to a lot of stress just be careful from this bit. No body can predict the future and no body can control it either. Enjoy your time with her and let her enjoy her time with you and let time cement your relationship. You don’t have to say to her any thing except how much u care for her and how much she means to you and of course you need to support your words with actions. If you guys are meant to be together it will happen and u both will know and feel it. Relax, take it easy and enjoy it.
  • Options
    Cheers z_lionheart. This is all new ground for me as this is my first proper relationship and it makes it even harder with it being long distance. I was just unsure what to do next?

It is stressful but I'm planning to enjoy it as much as possible and see what happens from there :D

Thanks a lot