Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

he's dying!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya, okay one of my best lad mates eva is dying, he's only 19 and will be 20 in May if he lives, Im really scared and worried he keeps saying not to think sbout him as then when he goes i wont miss him and stuff, I cant not do that, im just in a state and i dont know what to do, i just find myself :crying: crying all the time and getting depressed, he has weeks to live and i cant go and see him as he lives in the south and im ere in the north and stil at skool-what do i do im so scared! plz help me im worried il get so upset il harm meself as well. i dont know what to do nemore!!
:banghead: :crying:

Comments

• Options
    If he is saying you won't miss him then surely he has some issues still with himself.

If you don't mind me asking, what is wrong with him? Have you ever met this friend or is he an online friend?

If you are as close as you say I don't think your parents would have any problem with you going to visit him, I am sure they should encourage you to do so, because you may regret it at a later date, it will also help you come to terms with what is happening.

Harming yourself is not going to help your friend at all is it? You need to be strong for him. How do you think he will feel if he is causing you to hurt yourself. Him being so ill should show you that life is precious and should be cherished. Don't harm yourself at any costs.
  • Options
    Go an see him, spend time with this person that will not long die. Its the least you can do for him and yourself, he's going anyway, you might aswell get close to the situation and love and learn from the tragedy. As for self harming, try replacing it with something more natural....perhaps drug abuse, at least its deemed trendy.
  • Options
    I would try and go and see him, have some "special days" together so that you can look back on the better days! I would also suggest talking to someone about this as it is clearly affecting you emotionally - it is understandable if you feel depressed but talking with someone might make the situation more bareable!!

Take care! :)
  • Options
    I wouldgo see him, I take it his condition is terminal and it's not going to improve so see him now so that you can have some happy memorys and make the most of your time together. I'm sure he would appricate the fact that you bothered to go and see him and to show that you care.
    Hurting yourself isn't going to help him it would probabaly only hurt him more. Talk to him tell him how you feel ad how much you care for him. :)
  • Options
    Talk to someone about how you are feeling, a close friend, relative or counsellor. Losing someone close is a terrible thing for anyone to go through, but don't inflict anymore pain upon yourself...read these, they include useful helplines at the bottom:

self harm

Bereavement

Also speak to your parents/ tutors and see if you can get to see your friend. I'm sure if they know about the situation they will let you visit.

Take care
    Susie :)