Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Under age sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As a 15 year old with a boyfriend who ahs just turend 16. I have thought about sex. I understand that it is a menaingufl part of life and that it should come naturally.Im not in any hurry to have sex and there is no pressure we have both consented to having sex and when the time is right we will do it. Im not far off being 16 and to be honest i dotn see the age thign a problem but i do kjnwo that it is illegal and obviously this law is put in palce for a reason. I'd liek to know your views on under- age sex and what you think about people who do it and if you believe that the rule shoudl be harsher. I'll accept any views so plesae dotn hold back on sayign your true feelings and dont feel you cant say how you feel because of ym position. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Well.....i would be more than happy tio give you my views...if i could understand u.sorry to be so blunt but i cant understand your post;)
  • Options
    Ok sorry char_baby, ill try and repeat it in different words!Basiclaly im 15 and ive thought about sex with my current b/f, it illegal i know but im nearly 15.What do you think of under age sex? and the people that do it? do you see it as bad? and do you think that the law should be harsher so that it cannot happen so easily? thats basically what iw as trying to say! hope that is more clearer and now you can give your view! Thanks
  • Options
    i mean im nearly 16!
  • Options
    In other words; you're trying to justify considering underage sex with your current boyfriend by finding a consensual opinion concurrent with your hope on here.

Well, I'm afraid you won't get it from me. I firmly believe that there are some limits, and while they may increasingly no longer be physical or chronological, they are still mental. I don't believe that many 16 year olds are ready to talk to girls, let alone have sex. Under that? Not a hope, I'm afraid.

I realise that I am in a relatively unique position (diplospeak for "about to get flamed for being old-fashioned"), but those are my views, and that's what you asked for. I also realised that I am generalising hugely. Oh well.
  • Options
    It really dosent matter! if your 15 then you should do it when it feels right. just because you are legally allowed to do it dosent mean that when you are 16 it will be the right time then. just do it whenever it feels right for you! and do it safely as well!
    Take Care
    Hope it Helps
    :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by DJP

I realise that I am in a relatively unique position (diplospeak for "about to get flamed for being old-fashioned")

*Hands you your shiney new bus pass*

They let you olds on the buses and ferries for free up here you know. :p
  • Options
    Im not on here to fidn anyone with the same opinion and thoughts as myself, i genuinly just wanted to know your views and you have answered my question. Im not going to penalise anyone for their thoughts and views afterall i have no place to and if we all thought the same life would be extremly boring. As for being old fashioned its not such a bad thing, i admire your view and if you stick to it you should go far in life. Thanks
  • Options
    I think it wont do you any harm to wait a while, but if you genuinely feel ready and you really like the boy and he likes you then why not.
  • Options
    What's the rush? If you are fifteen now, then the maximum you will have to wait before you are legal is 1 year, and chances are it's less than that.

To be honest though, age is only a legal consideration. What you should really be thinking about is whether you are emotionally mature enough, and whether you partner is too. Sex can have unexpected side effects, even if you use contraception, and you shouldn't forget that.

The other thing is looking ahead. I ten years time, will you look back and be proud that you gave up your virginity for this person. Is he worth that? If a cheap thrill is all you are after then I'd stick to oral sex...
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I think it wont do you any harm to wait a while, but if you genuinely feel ready and you really like the boy and he likes you then why not.

Yeah I agree....

But the best solution is to wait.... And if you feel ready then go for it.. :)
  • Options
    I LOVE LIFE: you han,nt mensioned if you love this boyfreind of yours,or do you want sex for the sake of it on reaching 16' I honistly think if you really love your b/f and he really loves you you'll fing having sex far more enjoyable.:) All the best anyway.
  • Options
    my view here is that i think under age sex is perfectly ok, as long as your with some one who doesnt pressurise u and loves u, basically the right person.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    I'd stick to oral sex...

:D:D:D

Waiting a month or so wouldn't hurt, but it just depends on how ready you feel. Just be sure it's something you want to do, not something that you think you should do :)
  • Options
    yes i love my boyfriend so much that i want to do this with him. We have been together 5months and spoken about this several times.Ive only got 4 months until im 16 so its not like im very underage! anyway thanks
  • Options
    Originally posted by I love life
    Ive only got 4 months until im 16 so its not like im very underage! anyway thanks

There's no concept of "very underage", there is onyl underage, or legal. What you don't tell us is how old your boyfriend is. This is fairly important as it would affect how he might be treated by the law should things go wrong.

From my position, I say wait the 4 months until you are 16, there's enough reasons to.
  • Options
    she says in her very first post that her boyfriend has only just turned 16. and she is 15 and a half
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    she says in her very first post that her boyfriend has only just turned 16. and she is 15 and a half

So she did. I must have missed that bit.
  • Options
    Sex is a way to release some of them desires some of us have and to express our feelings as we get older.
    I think that by just hugging-kissing you can express your love for each other more than adequately. A meeting of lips/tongues is said to be the single most action of love believe it or not!
    Many people regret their first time please wait until you are older it so much better if your first time is with someone you love for a long time and both your bodies are ready- it'll be worth the wait! I promise!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    . A meeting of lips/tongues is said to be the single most action of love believe it or not!

Thats probabaly because lots of people do that about 20 times a day :p