Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

sex with condom but not on pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
right im a virgin and dont want to go on the pill yet but im worried just HOW safe using a condom will be..i always thought the pill and condom would (obviously) be the ebst way. but im ready to sleep with my boyfriend.. any help?
sorry if this has been posted! it has been a while since ive been on!!!
cheers all

Comments

• Options
    Well you should be find unless it breaks? :confused:
  • Options
    Why don't you want to go on the pill?
  • Options
    No protection is 100% safe but the pill and condoms are about 98% safe (individually). As long as the condom doesn't break or split you are fine.

I think using the pill as a back up method is proberly wise as well!
  • Options
    as long as the condom is used properly and doesnt break or come off, then you will be fine. A lot of people dont want to go on the pill as it interferes with their hormones and does have its own health risks too.
  • Options
  • Options
    i understand about not wanting to go on the pill. i tried to avoid it but when cramps got too bad i had to try. it didnt work so i only use condoms for protection now. ive never had any problems with them which is good, and like everyone else has said they r fine as long as the dont split etc. and if it does there is always the morning after pill, i realise u would want to avoid this but it is always a good idea to know where the nearest place to get it is.