Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Myth, feet & Size

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has myth has the been dispelled now?

Just a load of old cobblers
By "James Chapman", Daily Mail

If a woman casts approving glances at a man's footwear, she may simply be admiring the way he's polished his brogues.
However, she could also be testing the persistent theory that shoe size can be used as a quick and easy way of working out his most personal vital statistic.

But now, after a rather bizarre study, the idea that the length of a man's penis is linked in any way to the length of his feet has been given the boot by experts.

They say that the long and the short of it is ... it's not true.
'This myth has now been dispelled,' said Dr Jyoti Shah, of St Mary's Hospital in London, who led the study.
'There is no point using shoe size to obtain indirect measurements of penile length.'

Dr Shah, working with another expert at University College, London, studied men visiting a urologist for various reasons.
Because it was not feasible to measure the length of the erect penis, the researchers measured the penis when 'gently stretched'.

'There is a strong correlation between stretched penile length and erect, and thus it is not necessary to obtain erect lengths,' said Dr Shah.

'The correlation is so strong that the results can be extrapolated to erect penises.'

In total, 104 men had their penis measured and their shoe size recorded. The investigators found no correlation whatsoever between shoe size and penis length.

'The supposed association of penile length and shoe size has no scientific basis,' they concluded in a report of their findings published in the latest issue of the British Journal of Urology International.

Previously, there have been only two studies that evaluated the relationship between the size of a man's feet and the length of his penis, according to Dr Shah.

While one study showed a 'weak correlation' the other showed none - but both relied on men reporting their own penis length and shoe size.

This meant the earlier studies may have been unreliable.
However, the scientists in the new research do not rule out completely the idea that other body parts could be used to accurately estimate the size of a man's penis.

'There are suggestions from the literature that hand span, finger lengths or nose size may be predictive,' said Dr Shah.
'I have some ideas that I am currently putting together as a research proposal.

'There must be some part of the body that is predictive of penile length. The search continues.'

Comments

• Options
    Damn :p
  • Options
    *Is content with both shoe size and other endowments*;)
  • Options
    penis size and shoe size are DEFINATELY not linked :) the end :)

the size of your penis is directly related to the size of your car.
    BMW = small
    Merc = very small
    lambhorgini = where the fuck is it?
  • Options
    Of course shoe size has no bearing on your dick. I wear size 11 shoes and i've got a 13" cock. See:D :D:D
  • Options
    Did you know that your foot is exactly the same length as your lower arm - between the inside of your elbow and your wrist?
  • Options
    I knew that! :naughty: bin out with a couple of guys with small feet n its beeen alllll good in other departments, besides I hate feet so the smaller they are the better :D
  • Options
    isn't there also a myth between the size of mens hands and their "man hood!!" ie the bigger the better!

I'm not sure that is correct either!
  • Options
    Originally posted by misse83
    isn't there also a myth between the size of mens hands and their "man hood!!" ie the bigger the better!

I'm not sure that is correct either!

I don't think so either.

All I can say is that the head on my shoulders is larger than average ???
    .........& my other head ?
    That's my secret ! ! ! ;);) :cool:
  • Options
    agreed again on that...one guy i went out with had size 5 feet but you could chop him off at the knees and call him tripod :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by nosferatu1000
    agreed again on that...one guy i went out with had size 5 feet but you could chop him off at the knees and call him tripod :eek:

Why because his erect penis pointed downwards?

Poor fellow :(
  • Options
    Peoples bodys are different.

Measuring any part of a body only really tells you about that part of that persons body. There may be a tendacy on some things (eg tall person has a large span), but even if its mostly true there are going to be excweptions.

I mean, i have quite big feet but,
    err..

Like i say, these things never hold true 100% of the time.

;)