Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

in need of help....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
now i promised myself i would never get like this, but i have. You see i am now getting depressed because i am alone, yeah i'm only 15 but i want a relationship, and being alone is killing me, thing is, i have the same problems all the time.

I find a few guys, we get talking, then it all fizzles out.

I have been talking online to a guy called matt. He lives near me.

He was supposed to call me at 4:00pm yesterday, he didn't. A few hours later i talked to his bro online, then him. He said his bro had flu and had passed it on to him. And apparently he was asleep all day. I said I'd call him after we had talked online, and he explained that that was fine but he had to have a few minutes to find his phone, it remained off all the following day (i.e. today).

I've just been speaking to his brother today and "apparantely" he's lost his phone, and he's asleep now. I was trying to persuade him to wake him up, but he's now stopped talking.

Am I being messed around? what do you think? should i keep my options open and keep on looking or wait for this guy?

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me (sorry) Get out there and find another guy if you really want one. But as they say, stop looking and you will find. Go out and have fun, if a guy likes you, and you like him it will happen if it's meant to. You have plenty of time let for guys, believe me!

~Andrea~
  • Options
    At 15, I would say "enjoy yourself", have fun and don't get too serious over guys as there is plenty of time for that!!
    Keep your options open and have fun with your mates. If he really wants to speak to you, he will phone you - but don't wait around for him to do so - as you have a life of your own as well!!

Good Luck!:)
  • Options
    I might get shouted at for this but 'most' lads or maybe just a certain type mess us girlies about! They dont care about our feellings etc etc and all they are doing is having fun! I think you should go out and have fun too! Your 15 with the rest of your life ahead of you, so get yaself out with your freinds and dont try and get yaself tied down with some random lad. Wait for someone special who you know isnt gonna mess you about. Not all lads are bad but some just dont spare our feelings. Show no interest in him now and if he wants ya he knows where to find ya! If you seem and act desperate then that might scare him off. But you never know they might really be the truth and not lies! If it is the truth then he can contact you when hes better. In the meantime go out and have fun and forget about lads cause your young and you have plenty of time for boys in your life!!!:D
  • Options
    Lesson One: You chase boys, they run.
  • Options
    I didnt have my first real serious relationship till I was 17 so dont attempt worry it'll only make it worse!
    You dont even know what your looking for- a relationship by the sounds of it you'd jump on someone just for thev sake of having a relationship- desperation is not an attractive quality-hard to get is!
    Join a local sports or social club or youth group meet lots of people and I promise you if you just relax and ont think about it it will happen as it has for thousand of years- ah the beauty of nature!
  • Options
    awww *hugs* darlin!
    sorry to hear that, u need to talk to him mefinks, if he dont wana talk u gota move on-sorry to be harsh luv!
    il stil talk 2 u though..not that thats much use.
  • Options
    Some advice

Okay, I'm new here but I'm gonna jump right in on this one. I'm a little bit older than most of you so I might bring a different perspective to this problem.

Hon, how many times have you actually spoken on the phone with this guy? If your only contact so far has been via the internet there is a good possibility that:
    1) this guy is older (or younger) than he told you he was,

2) his "brother" is actually himself, and since he doesn't have the courage to speak with you himself he uses his "brother" to tell you while also finding out what you think about him and his behaviour, and

3) maybe he's not been honest with you about certain things, like how he looks, and he's now being put into a position that could be very embarassing for him if you insist on meeting in person. Or, and this could be a really bad one...

4) He's a married man (or otherwise involved with someone) who thought it would be fun for him to get his kicks winding up a young woman who is trusting. If this is the case he's an asshole deserving of having his mouse rammed up his posterior.

I know there are many stories of successful internet romances. My husband and I are one of those success stories. I'm American, he's British and we live here in the UK. But there are also a lot of nutcases out there, some real sick psychos. Play it safe and never agree to meet someone in person off the internet unless you take a few friends. I recommend this for people of ALL ages and not just children and teens. You will find the right guy for you when you aren't actively looking for him :)
  • Options
    Re: Some advice
    Originally posted by Cyann

4) He's a married man (or otherwise involved with someone) who thought it would be fun for him to get his kicks winding up a young woman who is trusting. If this is the case he's an asshole deserving of having his mouse rammed up his posterior.

Hes a lad :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Some advice
    Originally posted by *~Kitty~*

Hes a lad :)

Okay, so, by that do you mean he really IS a lad or is "lad" the word used here for refering to a married man?

Hey, just because I'm married to a Geordie does not mean I know all the terms yet. You'd think my young son was born here because he talks just like a Geordie and it's really doing my head in trying to figure out his new lingo like shan and radge! :confused:

In any case we all know that guys might act all hard and studly but once you agree to meet up they can get a bit weird.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Some advice

Okay, so, by that do you mean he really IS a lad or is "lad" the word used here for refering to a married man?

Hey, just because I'm married to a Geordie does not mean I know all the terms yet. You'd think my young son was born here because he talks just like a Geordie and it's really doing my head in trying to figure out his new lingo like shan and radge! :confused:

In any case we all know that guys might act all hard and studly but once you agree to meet up they can get a bit weird.

Chaos is male :)
  • Options
    AHHH! Okay. LOL!

That makes things much clearer. Thanks for setting me straight on that.

Then my advice stays the same except I hereby change all references from "young woman" to "young man."

My apologies, Chaos. Are you interested in this Matt as a friend or a potential boyfriend? Whatever the answer, life is too short to allow people to mess you around.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Some advice

it's really doing my head in trying to figure out his new lingo like shan and radge! :confused:
    Where in Newcastle do you live? 1994?! :p
  • Options
    Radge.....................means like throwing a radge lol
    Bloody hell how do you describe it?????

Throwing a temper, Yeah thats the best way I can describe it:D
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Some advice
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

Where in Newcastle do you live? 1994?! :p

Well, thats a hard one to answer as with all the 20 year old American slang also being used it makes things quite confusing ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Radge.....................means like throwing a radge lol
    Bloody hell how do you describe it?????

Throwing a temper, Yeah thats the best way I can describe it:D

Thanks, Becky. That helps a lot :)

It's nice to see I'm not the only one here who was born in 1963.
  • Options
    1963 was a good year to be born in:D

My big 40 in January ;)
  • Options
    Re: in need of help....
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac

I find a few guys, we get talking, then it all fizzles out.

i know how you feel in this respect! i just seem to have no luck with guys! if after the first time we meet they actually want to see me again i seem to scare them off i.e. my recent dumping! it actually lasted a couple of months and i was just chilling out a bit -you know trying to be laid back about it all because i know i can be a bit clingy and he dumped me!:crying: at least it was nothing to do with that - he admitted i was fairly laid back. i think youre getting too stressed out over this i know thats easy to say especially since im exactly the same - a worrier! i seize on the smallest thing and obsess over it. maybe you could call it being highly strung/over-sensitive! sometimes i feel like im going to be alone for the rest of my life. and i know thats ridiculous because im only 18! But thats the difference between emotion and logic! logically i say to myself dont be stupid youre only 18 but at other times i feel so lonely. is this how you feel?oh i dont know maybe its a lack of self-confidence or something!good luck with everything and i hope youre feeling better.:D
  • Options
    People don worry or think about it relax and if its there just do it. If it doesnt happen big deal!
    Look at it this way two lads head out to a nightclub one attractive looking but quite shy the other not so good looking but very outgoing one went out every week and would just walk and chat up women and if he got no joy he would just move on and go to the next person. He might have to go around to ten women before he got lucky his good looking friend just watched and thought his friend always made a fool of himself. They often talk ed about it walking home and the confident friend would say the more he tried the greater chance there was he would hook up with someone when he was turned down he never thought a second time about it just lifted his head and tried again with no regrets the other friend for weeks while he was alond regretted that he had not tried the same approach as he would get lucky in less than half the time and that friend then tried this one day and it worked and he got that bit of confidence in himself and has'nt looked back since!
    Dont limit yourself install confidence in yourself and it will rub off- the worldn is your oyster my friend so go fishing!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    1963 was a good year to be born in:D

My big 40 in January ;)

You'll be there a month before me so you can tell me ahead of time how it feels :D:D:D
  • Options
    hehe <gulp> - it's my big five-oh next autumn...

:eek2:

BB xx