Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Unrequited Love

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Isn't this just the most horrible thing ever? :rolleyes:

I met someone at work, and we got together (ie sleeping together). But now he's so cold and horrible and un interested. It's such a horrible feeling! :( :crying:

Someone wrote on a file 'Me 4 him' and I found it yesterday and he'd scribbled his name out vigerously.

Fair enough I suppose, but I feel really yuk in work now and just want to hide away. :(

Anyway, not really asking for advice because I know there's nothing I can do - but isn't this kind of thing just so horrible when it happens? :( :no: :crying:

Comments

• Options
    *big ol' hugs*

:(
  • Options
    Unrequited love - the most painful of them all...

Been there and boy does it hurt. Thing is I thought he loved me too so I fell in deep only to be told it wasn't and there's poor little me stuck in love with a bastard who was no doubt just using me for sex.

Stay away from him. It's not fair on you, everyone deserves to love and be loved in return and one way love is pointless..
  • Options
    *joins in

I'm sure he loves me, but he doesn't know it yet. Pah.:rolleyes: ;)
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about him, hes not worth the hassle, these kind of guys give decent fellas like me bad names
  • Options
    Suppose a bloke can't help the way he feels though, eh?

:(
  • Options
    You're better off without him, especially since he can be so unfeeling. Whats up with men like that? Theres no need for it, you've had lucky escape, You wouldnt want to be in a relationship with someone like that, would you.
    ((hug))
  • Options
    Does that mean its ok to use someone as "he can't stop the way he feels" i.e he's a horn dawg who wants a shag or "he can't stop the way he feels" i.e he doesnt feel any attraction to MsWhite?
  • Options
    Originally posted by David Grohl
    Does that mean its ok to use someone as "he can't stop the way he feels" i.e he's a horn dawg who wants a shag or "he can't stop the way he feels" i.e he doesnt feel any attraction to MsWhite?

Sorry, I meant that he can't help that he doesn't fancy her? I dunno...
  • Options
    I thought thats what you meant?

I think the fact he's ignoring msWhite is very low. Even if he doesnt fancy her he still could talk to her and communicate with her, the fact he's ignoring her shows how immature he is!!
  • Options
    He is civil I suppose, but it really upset me the way he scribbled his name off this file! It's so silly isn't it - but it's something everyone would have seen. :( Feels like i'm back in school or something!

He doesn't ring/text/talk to me much anymore. That'll teach me for sleeping with some1 out of a relationship though. I just thought he cared at the time :(
  • Options
    You’ll get over it!, it’s just another one of life shitty little learning curves. Just don’t let the bastards get you down!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless
    You’ll get over it!, it’s just another one of life shitty little learning curves. Just don’t let the bastards get you down!

I agree with Harmless. Just forget about him :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by David Grohl
    I think the fact he's ignoring msWhite is very low. Even if he doesnt fancy her he still could talk to her and communicate with her, the fact he's ignoring her shows how immature he is!!

I concur Mr Grohl, I've been through that and it aint nice, and you were right before saying there's no need for it too. The last lass I asked out said no (same as all the others :rolleyes: ) but we're still mates, I don't see her often but I talk to her online and the other week I went out with her brother and some of her mates for her b.day and we had a ball :) . So it just goes to show you don't need nobbers like that one and there is no need for them.

I probably ought to state that at the point I went out for this gal's b/day I was over her but even so I think its nice we can still be mates when everyone else I've asked blanks me in the same way as described by MsWhite
  • Options
    Originally posted by MsWhite
    He doesn't ring/text/talk to me much anymore. That'll teach me for sleeping with some1 out of a relationship though. I just thought he cared at the time :(
    *hugs* for you. We all have to learn this lesson the hard way. At least it won't happen again now. Hold your head high and don't let him see you're bothered, and move on.
  • Options
    Originally posted by SuperCharger

So it just goes to show you don't need nobbers like that one and there is no need for them

I agree, i went through the similar experience though i kissed one of my friends, both of us were very drunk and i ended up asking her to slowdance and one thing led to another.

a couple of days later we spoke about it and decided to just leave it as friends and what do you know we're still great friends :)

But as long as you dont allow yourself to fall into the silent or ignoring treatment, and you work at it you's could still be friends though most "nobbers" as super charger put it find it to difficult to respect people
  • Options
    I suspect this bloke would still be on the end of a forum bashing even if he had said "Sorry love, made a mistake, I don't have feelings for you!".

Oh and BTW, why do people always say "We all have to learn the hardway". No we fucking well don't! Learn from other peoples mistakes and you won't need to spend most of your life going through emotional pain!
  • Options
    It's true. But love/lust is blind. You end up doing it anyway :(
  • Options
    he sounds like a stupid little boy! you deserve better anyway! this sort of situation has happened to me as well though we didnt sleep with each other- we were sort of ignoring each other because we were embarrassed but gradually things got better and we are friends again. we can still go out and have a laugh with each other which im glad about. he basically saw it as a drunken mistake while i genuinely liked him.however im over it now and things are back to the way they used to be. phew i hate awkwardness!good luck!:D